*clunk* noise from back of my HQ

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

hahaha, thanks tiny. I read your thread too, glad to hear your monaro really gets up and boogies now :D. :clap:

#27 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

Had a wheel alignment done today, they said they tightened the rear suspension (mechanic had gone home by the time i got there so i couldnt ask exactly what) and the clunk is all gone. Car actually drives straight now and doesnt jump all over the road and steering is lighter too :P.

#28 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

hehe its amzing what correct geometry, suspension setup and tight bolts do!

I'm due to go over the monaro and re-tighten everything and give it a wheel align.. but that wont happen till its back on the road!

Cheers.

#29 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

That's the way, do the expensive things first and the cheap things last.

#30 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

I had already slid under the car and tryed tightning things and everything seemed tight, but without talking to the mechanic its hard to say what i missed. I wouldnt consider that the expensive way to go, just a $45 wheel alignment that it badly needed + $30 for them to go over the rear end and check things out, well worth it imo and it drives a hell of alot better now. Honestly its nice not to have to work on the car just this once, for the last 2 years i've been doing everything on it (learning everything as i go) so its a nice change to just hand the car over and get it back fixed!

Edited by jabba, 14 March 2006 - 08:59 PM.

#31 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

hehe its amzing what correct geometry, suspension setup and tight bolts do!

I'm due to go over the monaro and re-tighten everything and give it a wheel align.. but that wont happen till its back on the road!

Cheers.

Whats it off the road for, is it *just* the oil pressure problem?

#32 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

I've already told him to be carefull when he removes the cam. If he loses it, he will have to buy a bigger one.

#33 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

Would be a pitty if he happened to loose it then haha.

Edited by jabba, 14 March 2006 - 09:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users