35 replies to this topic

#26 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Certainly was a 4 cyl car  , and it was a GMH show car , Leo Pruneau was responsible for the build and Joe Felice had a big hand in the concept ( as well as being responsible for GMH's motor show displays , not that he was busy enough with motorsport of course ....)

Talking with Leo about the car it also had white rubber door seals and as much as possible was white ,   re the wheels they were by the looks of them Dunlop wires which makes sense given Leo's involvement with Vauxhall and his contacts in England....... HB and TA torries shared the same wheel pcd as MG Midget which of couse had ....Dunlop wires.

Joe has a look on here from time to time so i'm sure he will add some more to the history ....

Laz

#27 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Yes i was right :) If only i could find the damm photos of the thing as there was more than the side on photo and im sure magazine also had a wild looking HQ sedan with flares that was at the same show. The pictures of the HQ and Torana were in black and white and im trying to find magazine as im sure there was also one colour photo of it,

#28 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Finding the HQ sedan photos are easy so you know car im talking about. Im not sure on if im alowed to pinch photos to put up here so ill post up a link and if anyone wants to do so its up to them.

http://www.fastlane....?TOPIC_ID=21187

First time i have seen a coulor picture of the HQ so find more photos of HQ and you MIGHT find the Torana ones.

If that fails should post a picture into AMC

#29 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

This is just a link, its not my photo, I'm not getting any profit from posting it and its on the Internet already, so should be ok.

HQconcept2.jpg

#30 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

The  308 Q Show car ....i reckon that pic was taken in rural WA......

#31 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

I reckon you could be right Laz

I'm guessing about 48 K's from Bruce Rock and 27 K's from Cunerdin.

HQconcept3c.jpg

#32 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

From the sign I reckon it is in Quairading.

(And on further inspection it says it in the link too)

#33 _Joe Felice_

_Joe Felice_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

Larry you are right. Snow-white was just a show car concept we put together for the Ladies for Motor shows, Agi Shows, Country dealer shows etc. But we outsmarted ourselves with the wheels because you could hardly get any lock at all and we wouldn't let the car be driven as it was too dangerous. Car had to be  pushed or winched which was a pain in the bum. Also later on the silver glo-mesh roof covering started to rust so the car always had to be stored inside which made it pretty impractical for Country Shows which were often outdoors especially if there was any rain forecast !

Edited by Joe Felice, 30 September 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#34 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for that Joe.

What happened to it in the end?

#35 _Joe Felice_

_Joe Felice_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

Car was a 4 cyl, Torana; when the model became obsolete I deleted it as a show car as it was no further use to me, because it wasn't a standard car we couldn't sell it as an ex company car so  turned it over to Engineering Department and it became a hack at Lang Lang and scrapped eventually !

#36 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hi Joe , would you have any pictures of Lang Lang from the seventies , I am after a picture of Jack Joyce's Burnished Bronze GTR from that time ? I have had no luck tracking down his family or photos for information on it's history .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users