My VC Shaggin Wagon

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

hey all, I just picked up myself a VC wagon today, the plan is to tidy it up a bit, put some reasonable wheels on it and enjoy it, until I get the UC back on the road. it a bacic 6cyl with a 4 speed, and it drives really nice. Having a wagon will be handy to cart around any bits and pieces for the Torana. :D

Here it is

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

mmm Brown :<_<: but its in good nick for a 28 yo car

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Clean enough! 1 owner? :huh:

#3 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Woman driver?

#4 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

2 owners before me, the First was an elderly woman, and her son owned a mechaical shop, the last owner has had it for about 6 years and he was sad to see it go, there is bugger all rust in it and the only marks on it is a scratch on one of the 1/4 panels, one small dent in the drivers door, and the front bumper. Otherwise its pretty mint

#5 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

i like! you should buy that front bumper off the car josh is scrapping :D

#6 hainzy

hainzy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

I used to have a VC wagon just like that. But mine was silver with blue interior. 202 and aussie 4. geez it was a great car. . Tinted the windows and put some mags on and away she went. I miss it since it went to holden heaven Great for camping too! Enjoy.

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Ahhh great vehicle. I've always thought the three pedal variety of 6cyl VB/VC/VHs drove very nicely. Looks clean too (apart from the bumper lol). Nice find

#8 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

Pity its a wagon. Could have swapped my red interior for the brown. I need brown interior for the race replica. Looks really good and clean though. I like it. And manual too. Very nice.

#9 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Im stoked its a wagon because I can fill it up with Torana parts :rockon:

I had some electrical issues that I have been sorting out and got mostt of it under control yesterday, it was only the rear demister and cigarette lighter, the interior fan has me buggered though, but thats for another day.

I have the bent bumper off and am in the process of repairing the damage behind it, and replacing the cracked indicator. I have a MIG lined up for the weekend and will be attacking the few spots of rust, the only one I am really woried about is a small spot in the rail, but I'll proberly weld up the little spots in the doors and sill, I am making it sount bad but none of its bigger than a 10c piece, I am just going to attack it while I have the MIG.

while degreasing the motor I washed off some of the blue paint to reveal red paint, then I looked at the side of the block to read "186" so its running a red motor :fool: but if that or the oil leaks become an issue with rego the Toranas motor is a Black 202 from a VK so they will get switched, although I doubt it will be a problem

It looks like I may have some 17" wheels lined up for it that would look really sweet. but thats after I get rego, as is an exhaust system, window tint and a set of king springs

I will have some new pics on the weekend of the work I have been doing

Rowan a red interior would look worse than a brown one on a blue car :tease: but I am sure there will be someone out there willing to swap ya

#10 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

I have been getting stuck into the rust this weekend, under the guard was a nasty surprise but I have borrowed a MIG so I have the chance to fix it all properly, some pics of what I had to fix

rear of passenger side sill
Posted Image

guard & sill
Posted Image

the nasty mess underneith
Posted Image
I have cut away the very outside panel there to reveal the rusted out piece inside.

I nearly have it all patched up, but I ran out of time today, I will post pics of the finished product

#11 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

WOOHOO! I have metal where there was none before :clap: I am just about finished with the rust repair, just a little of tidying up left to do then some bog & paint

the front bit is a bit rough looking but Im not worried, it will covered by the guard anyway
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

A work of art :spoton:

#13 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Now, about that avatar? :blink:

#14 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

looks pretty good to me :D

#15 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Dont you like my crazy mouse? :tease:

Edited by evil UC hatch, 18 March 2009 - 06:55 PM.

#16 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

I put it in for the roady today and it passed straight up :D so it now has rego :spoton:

I have some other wheels that I want to throw on soon so I will do that and take some photos, its come up pretty good and I am stoked to be driving a manual, altough the red 186 in it is pretty gutless so I will have to tinker with it to see if I can get it going better, I have my weekend planned lol

#17 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

hey Rodomo, I finally found a new one :<_<:

well I have been tinkering away on the old beast and have now finished painting the repairs and have got new lowered suspension and Monroe shocks in it, and put my 16" slut wheels on (they have been on everything lol) as well as the other week I put my 350 holley on it too, its now more responsive but still doesnt go like a rocket or anything, but its good enough for now, the motor has some oil leaks but I dont think I will be repairing them, I plan to put the worked black 202 from my UC into it down the track.

Posted Image

I am very happy with how this is coming along, next project is try and tidy up my garage so I can actually work on the UC, it involves getting/making some decent storage cabinets and workbench

#18 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

looks great mate! wheels suit it!
now get stuck into the UC :D

Ben

#19 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

looks great mate! wheels suit it!
now get stuck into the UC :D

Ben

just wait til you see the wheels Im about to get for it, those are just temporary.

as for the UC, like I said I need to work out some sort of storage for the garage first, currently the UC is the shelf/cabinet, put it this way, its in such a mess that a friend asked me where the Torana is now, just after being in the garage where its sitting now lol

#20 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

I like the old avatar better :D

Cars come up good too. :spoton:

#21 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

well after selling my UC hatch in desperation for cash last year this old girl has become the project now, its getting the efi 5.0l I had set aside for the hatch, and I picked up a reco'd T5 late last year and plenty of other bits and peices, killed 2 other commos in the quest for more parts lol

I just finished getting the old motor and box out today, getting ready for some engine bay modifications, before installing the V8.

Posted Image

and I thought I might share a couple of photos of the graveyard

Posted Image

Posted Image

I plan on grafting in parts of the radiator support and all that from the white wagon so I can run the later model radiator, aircon condensor and also the lower mounted battery tray on the driver side

#22 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

anymore news?

#23 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

well the motor and box is in, got a bodgy temp tailshaft inplace so it can make it on and off the trailer/tow truck to get exhaust and Diff rebuild/new tailshaft made. wiring is mostly functioning Im yet to finish off the wiring, fit the fuel lines, coil, leads, make up some sort of shifter so I can use the original console, mount the air box, battery and radiator properly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Spaghetti anyone?...

#25 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

yeah haha, its a good thing I have been doing a fair bit of auto electrical at work, I have picked up the nack to sort that kinda thing out. I have been using the under bonnet relay blocks from the donor car so I now have headlamp relays as well as the start/efi/fuel pump ones. I really didnt want to spend hundreds of $ on a patch loom that looks half arsed anyway. I want this car to look like its been factory fitted with the injection so I am raiding the above doners for anything I can. after I get this thing on the road I will be sorting out some aircon for it too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users