#126 unclefestal34s

unclefestal34s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

Hi all
My best PB was set on Wednesday nite 14.849 @ 92.31 mph (look out Herne)
hahaha. It was nice to meet Matt & his wife and no doubt that you and mick will get
better times in the future.

cheers keith

a big effort and much deserved times from you Keith,...racing any v8 torana with a aussie 4speed,banjo diff especially standard drive line is like walking on eggshells,(very fragile running)...it was pleasure to meet you Garth and I'm glad you liked my L34..pretty simple car even if i say so myself..again nice to meet a good bunch of guys without any egos...

#127 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

Matt: - Your a local mate! Sounds like we live in the same area mate, I'm sure we'll spot each other cruising around somewhere mate! It'll be great to line up next to you next time and see how the two cars compare!

Mick: Well done to you i say! - As long as you can stand up, Get it up and Stage (up) then i reckon drag racing is top fun! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, and i have no doubt your car has LOW 12 potential mate!! Youve just gotto get rid of the gremlins and have a bit more fun and get used to it!!

Garth: - Mate it was great to catch up, and i'm glad you had a good time mate! We'll DEFINITELY come and catch you when we're over in August!

Once again it was great to see everyone out for the night, and thanks to everyone who did turn up! It makes the night as good as it is!!

#128 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Also it was great to see Garth come out & meet some of the TUFFEST street
cars (Torana's) in Sydney racing on 1 of the best drag strips in Australia.

cheers Keith

P.S. If Garth gets a bit lonely, he come over to the east coast in late September
to attend the Toranafest.

#129 _Linamint_LC_

_Linamint_LC_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

I had a good time same with my brother, i improved over the night and ran a best of 14.32@97 mph in my VL Turbo which is a N/A motor with a standard VL turbo setup also ran with my 19's on. The pro tree was ok just had to get used to getting the revs up as soon as the car is fully staged. My Brother ran a 14.1@97mph in his skyline but he had too much wheel spin.

#130 _banger_

_banger_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:26 PM

we took a mates vk out for the first time 1st pass 12.7 88mph backed off early 2nd pass 12.6 109mph we had a few little probs here and there biggest one is trying to bring it up on the converter (needs bigger brakes) ones on it now just wont hold it. but was a good night next time i should come up and say hi to a few of you blokes

Attached Files

#131 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

banger: Definitely mate always good to put a few faces to some nicknames!

Cheers!

#132 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

A Question for all who raced from John Henman of WSID about the "PRO TREE" system they are trialling on Wenesday nights:

*Pasted from an email*
By the way, I�d be interested in your feedback regarding our introduction of the PRO tree at our RACE for REAL events. The intention is to see whether, by running a PRO tree start system rather than the full tree, we will be able to push a little harder during the night � without compromising safety of course � and deliver more runs per racer. Cumulatively, over the course of four hours, there is a considerable difference in time between the full tree (three ambers in succession, then green) and the PRO version.

*End of Paste*

So... For those who raced, and those who watched, What did you think?
Did you like the Pro Tree? Was it explained to you what was going to happen?
What did you think of getting the cars through a bit quicker?

My thoughts are that i think it's a good idea - I like to make it harder for myself anyhow!
Anything that can get the cars through quicker and give us more passes is a great thing i reckon!

Let me know, and i'll pass the info on to John.

Cheers!

#133 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

I know how you can get more passes!

Don't let Fords or Ricers race!!!! LOL

#134 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

ROFL thats what i said to john henman!

LOL!!

#135 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

Nup didnt like it. I only had one run, and as soon as those two little white lights came on, the green one was on... something to get used to but no time to think.

#136 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

Who needs to think! Just stage, Watch the lights and MASH IT!

#137 mitchg

mitchg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

HAHA yeah thats what I would do in my car! But driving dads monaro its a little different. Working out where the pedals are, making sure traction control is off, selecting right gear etc.. little bit different but a much more fun ride!

#138 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

heheh this is true :)

#139 mitchg

mitchg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

So tiny I heard you are donating me your monaro next time out :tease: I now have the power bug and i wanna go faster!

Edited by mitchg, 17 April 2009 - 05:41 PM.

#140 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

Hey Keith, 14.80in a stocka is tops mate. Shove a nice cam in you will improve again...Funnily, just went for a drive in Herne's beast, he threw me the keys and said see what you think, FARK, got low 13's - high 12's written all over it mate, be careful mate........ :D Herne has probably just gone home to change his undies actually, I drove it like i stole it.....

#141 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hey Keith, 14.80in a stocka is tops mate. Shove a nice cam in you will improve again...Funnily, just went for a drive in Herne's beast, he threw me the keys and said see what you think, FARK, got low 13's - high 12's written all over it mate, be careful mate........ :D Herne has probably just gone home to change his undies actually, I drove it like i stole it.....

hahahahaa, who wears undies? ;) was a really nice drive though, I enjoyed Gerry's spririted driving. The new cam at full noise really does make a difference. I could see by the big grin on your face you really enjoyed the drive :) You blew a few cobwebs out thats for sure.....

Well done Keith mate, thats a very respectable time you pulled esp in old smokey lol.

Herne

Edited by Herne, 17 April 2009 - 06:34 PM.

#142 _2DOOR_

_2DOOR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hi Tiny, mate as far as I'm concerned its just a matter of changing how you pre-stage, getting everything right before you enter the beams. My reactions got quicker throughout the night so I guess its only practice and accepting the change. What concerns me is the fact that we only got 4 runs on the night, sure, oil downs and maintenance need to be dealt with correctly and safely, but there were also a hell of a lot of cars there and I hope this is not being pursued in the pretense of being done for the racer, but then increasing the entrant cut off number ( if this is actually adhered to). Im happy to give it a thumbs up but also liked that the burn out cars were put to the end of the event which in all reality if done away with would increase track time!
Something that would be good would to have a screen facing the staging lanes for the long turn around times?
cheers, Jeff.

#143 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

Mitch: Sorry mate... the car has a "named driver" insurance policy... and your name aint on it!! :tease: (Oh... and I think simmo would kill me if anyone raced it before her! LOL!)

Jeff: Thank you very much for your response mate! I'll copy that and send it to John Henman if that's ok mate, you have some great ideas and comments there! Thank you!

#144 mitchg

mitchg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

Your just scared I might run a quicker time than you :tease:

#145 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

Yes... Well... No... Well.. Ok.. Yes!

hahah!

#146 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

Grab those MT ET Street Radials theyre *AWESOME*. I'd say the thing holding your car back from serious mid/low 11s is the same as mine... Diff ratio! I'm running 3.7:1 on a 28" tall tyre, and my 60' is what's killing me. I really need to step up to something like a 4.11 or 4.3:1 ratio to see the maximum potential out of my combo. (and i think yours too!).

Cheers!

Hey Tiny
I am amazed at the difference in revs that your 28" tall MT's would make compared to the 26"s that I run. Everything else being equal, we're talking approx 500rpm less through the traps!! (assuming 4.3 gears, a guestimate of 115mph, and a guestimate of 5% converter slipage in both cases)
The following link is handy for different sorts of calculations (it's one of many online)
http://www.tciauto.c...lculators.asp#4

Cheers
H

Edited by HRV74, 27 April 2009 - 10:19 PM.

#147 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

THanks Harve!

I'm thinking of when i have to replace the tyres that i might go a set of 26" tall instead.....

Could be one way i can "gear up" the car!

#148 _XU1-043_

_XU1-043_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

SH!T i forgot this was on.... buggar buggar buggar. that'll tech me not to check the forum more regularly! next time boys i'll bring the green machine out.

#149 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Nice one craig..... better look at THIS thread mate!

http://www.gmh-toran.......=36001&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users