LJ in huge amount of work.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Since your blasting yourself, when it comes to protecting the metal use an etch primer.....that way your car is technically ready for undercoat if there were no repairs required.

So if you need to do a repair it will only effect that area...once its repaired etch can be applied.

#52 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

Since your blasting yourself, when it comes to protecting the metal use an etch primer.....that way your car is technically ready for undercoat if there were no repairs required.

So if you need to do a repair it will only effect that area...once its repaired etch can be applied.

I found out that theres a place call ppc products,they have a clear undercoat ssv or something along those lines but can find it on their website ppcproducts,but pricey compare to etch. Will most probably be pimin it as i blast an area,once engine bay completed,will prime it,so on so on. Any panel beaters out there willing to save a torana!

#53 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

gtr161s is the man to ask...

#54 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

yup,im trying to get int ouch with him to organise a time for him to quote me,are you happy with the job hes done or doing for you? How do you know eachother,what he quote you?
?

#55 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

Have found a place that sells lead wiping kits in america but deliver,not sure wether they are expenive compare to here what australia has to offer but dosnt seem to bad,they are called www.eastwoodco.com they have a new product which is better than lead because it is a NON lead body filler,so no dangerous chemical to your body check it out!

#56 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

yup,im trying to get int ouch with him to organise a time for him to quote me,are you happy with the job hes done or doing for you? How do you know eachother,what he quote you?
?

more than happy mate..Kevs done a fantasic job and i have had no
panel shop issues...you know were your car sits for ages in a shop with
no work happening..Kev gets in and goes till the job is finished..
Kev and I both grew up on the hornsby area and love toranas!!!!
Posted Image
car is now rust free and back on the ground!!!

Posted Image

#57 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

Wow,looks good. Ive tried to contact him and still no return. He said he was abit busy for the next 5 months so hopefully when hes done he can give mine a go.

#58 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

its been a while since posting anything as its been a while since ive done anything,but finaly most of my car is sandblasted,well the shell. Just engine bay and a few spots that ive missed. Need it on a rottisserie to do the underbelly. Planning on using SSW2 oil (fish oil without the smell.) to prevent rust while panel work gets done. Major rust spots will be done at home,cut out and welds as my dad has a good idea and can even get his mate from work who is a full time welder : ) so yup,hopefully advance soon on the body work. I used 10 Bags for most of the car which is about 250kg of garnet,havent used it again so probably coul sift it and reuse. Will get some pics up soon.

#59 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Good news,very little left for primer and i had kevin come to give me a quote and he says that its possible! Which is great news. Once primed and agreed with kevin,itll be on the way to get a makeover. Here are some pics of where its at. Still have little bits here and there that need to go over again.But mostly done,need to do the underbelly,inside guards and were done.

Attached Files

#60 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

celo.. looking good and its getting there, i love looking at nude pics of cars :huh: ...you will be happy with kevs work
what colour is your interior????

#61 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hey, yes it is SLOWLY getting somewhere, its now all blasted an undercoated. The interior colour is like a tan,beigey. Kev was surprised,i had a few valuables which i didnt know were all that important, but yes,ive been looking at your post and WOW,your car has made a hug comeback, it looks great. Cant wait till mine is like that,on the floor waiting for some paint. How is your car going,is it painted?

#62 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Here are a few pics,underbelly and floor primed looks pretty good. Body fully primed but not so good. Alls that is left are the doors,bonnet,boot lid blasted and primed.

Attached Files

#63 _darkone040_

_darkone040_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:18 AM

did you end up making a rotisery for it to blast the underside of the car?
and what do you think in the end the whole blasting would of cost you in materials?
i mean the blaster, the gun, the compressor, the garnet, the protective gear stuff like that..
it doesnt look like you have much room in your shed there, i am a bit restricted in my shed, was it alright to blast in a tight space like that..

im thinking of doing the same process been trying with paint remover but that is real messy and time consuming and ill have to get someone to blast the nooks and crannys anyway.. at least this way all i have to do is vacuum it up.. lol

#64 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

did you end up making a rotisery for it to blast the underside of the car?
and what do you think in the end the whole blasting would of cost you in materials?
i mean the blaster, the gun, the compressor, the garnet, the protective gear stuff like that..
it doesnt look like you have much room in your shed there, i am a bit restricted in my shed, was it alright to blast in a tight space like that..

im thinking of doing the same process been trying with paint remover but that is real messy and time consuming and ill have to get someone to blast the nooks and crannys anyway.. at least this way all i have to do is vacuum it up.. lol

I didnt,not yet,would of been so handy. probably 1k,not including the compressor,its my brothers,and i still have about half a tonne of garnet. I have absolutely no room,haha,but you can still get away with doing it. I suggest paint remove most that you can and then blast over everything so that it has the course finish. Not having a huge compressor,itll take a while getting rid of bog and heavy rust ect..Good Luck with yours.

#65 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

jesus you guys have pricey blasters up your way down here i got my GTR inside and out sand blasted and etch primed for $500 i supplied the paint ( he sprayed)

due PM me there is a fella in wollongong that charges $3 a minute and only take about 2 -3 hrs so around 500-600 clams

Lee

#66 _1meanGTR_

_1meanGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:14 PM

cant wait to see how this restoration turns out, its inspiring me to get mine off the ground.
keep posting pics :spoton:

#67 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

its been a while since posting anything but i have good news, i have done SOME work..it turns out my dad and brother started to restore kombi vans so now i have access to a variety of tools and SPACE..i will post some pics of what i have done and what im working on at the moment (head aches!!) and whats left.

#68 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

file:///Users/marcelovalenzuela/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/Torana/10082010114.jpg

How do i post pictures up??

#69 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

How do i post pictures up??

#70 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Here a couple pics its taking ages so ill keep em coming shortly..

Attached Files

#71 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Here are a few more pics i should be getting this welded this weekend if it dosnt rain as im going to sandblast it in the morning. took a while to unpick everything and square it up.

Attached Files

#72 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

here are some more.

Attached Files

#73 _celoslj_

_celoslj_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

this is ready just needs to be welded on

Attached Files

#74 _stroker 208_

_stroker 208_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

WELL DONE.

#75 _hp179block_

_hp179block_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

The description of your build, " huge amount of work" sure is one way of summing up this thread. I like your commitment. Looks like you're doing pretty well so far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users