is anyone spot on with a9x chassis numbers as i just bought another that has missing tags

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Just had a look at the magazine.Samuels car had a roof ariel and looks a lighter shade of green.You never know,but.
Oct/Nov 1989.Performance Street Car.

mine has a hole in the front middle where a ariel was ????

#27 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

There was a Green A9X 4-Door with a Supercharger and role Cage in a Magazine,it was in Street Machine and Performance Street Cars,the A9X 4-Door was painted in Panama Green.
It has a Supercharged 308 in it,built by Russel Jones,the NSW Reg is LXA.388, IT HAS 14x10 US Five Slot Mags on the back and 14X8 Five Slot on front.
The Performance Street Car Mag is dated Oct-Nov 1989 it says its one of sydney toughest car,the owner had all the stuff to put it back as a A9X,The owner Name is Anthony Samuel.
I wonder is this the car your talking about,i have Street Machine Mags from Early 1980's,1990's,2000's a Huge Collection so it might be in there.
Regards Allan

I have spoken to the sellor and he said the guy he boght it off said that the car was in a STREET MACHINE MAGAZINE MANY YEARS AGO ??? we might be onto something here ? now how do i see some pics from the magazines this car has a ariel hole at the front of the roof in the middle too!

#28 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:06 AM

Attached File  samuels.JPG   893.14K   74 downloadsAttached File  samuels__2_.JPG   827.25K   46 downloadsAttached File  samuels__3_.JPG   858.29K   47 downloadsamuels__3_.JPG]Attached File  samuels__4_.JPG   895.76K   35 downloadsAttached File  samuels__5_.JPG   833.67K   32 downloads
Attached File  samuels__6_.JPG   872.21K   60 downloadsAttached File  samuels__7_.JPG   835.32K   24 downloads

This is the best I can do Rollo.

I dont have a scanner.

#29 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

sorry rollo it was a performance parts place not a car yard. my mistake there. but post up some pics it may ring a bell with some of us newcastle torana heads.

in your photobUcket album there is a panama green a9x with black simmons exacly the same as my car with prestige plates A9X and ariel in roof , FREAKY !

Attached Files

#30 _MR & MRS L34_

_MR & MRS L34_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

That car that is pictured in the performance car mag is in the March 1990 issue of street machine owner Anthony Samuel and has aeril on roof no licencse plates on car though and has the a9x grill badge.Also the car has no compliance plates fitted you can see they are not there from the engine bay photo.cheers Pete.....

#31 _MR & MRS L34_

_MR & MRS L34_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Sorry just had a read of the article and it states car has all the original mechanicals to be tacken back to original and Mr Samuels got all the proper compliance plates ,trim pieces handbooks to prove that fact. Thats what it says word for word ,so good luck .
cheers Pete...

#32 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Front spoiler on both cars is very similar?

#33 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:56 AM

I have spoken to the sellor and he said the guy he boght it off said that the car was in a STREET MACHINE MAGAZINE MANY YEARS AGO ??? we might be onto something here ? now how do i see some pics from the magazines this car has a ariel hole at the front of the roof in the middle too!

Cool Rollo
Glad i Helped,Now keeping my Library of Street Machine Mags and other car mags has paid off,My mum used to say get rid of them Thousands of Car Mags,wasting space,Some mum's dont get the Petrol Head thing.God Bless Her.
Hope it is that A9X,I allways liked that car,it was in street machine mag to.Hope you get the tags to it,but if you dont if you can prove its the A9X from that Magazine,its some proof.
Regards Allan

#34 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

Rollo
Tell the Boys and Girls,the Moral to the Story is Never Chuck out your Car magazine collection,Cause one day it might come in handy LOL
Regards Allan

#35 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Rollo
Tell the Boys and Girls,the Moral to the Story is Never Chuck out your Car magazine collection,Cause one day it might come in handy LOL
Regards Allan

I have never quite recovered from my mother throwing out my wagon wheel wrapper collection :cry:

#36 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

i want to no what happens for instance if someone buys a car that was found the be stolen many years ago..just curious

#37 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

i want to no what happens for instance if someone buys a car that was found the be stolen many years ago..just curious

Gee how long is a piece of string???
depends on so many factors was the car insured? was the owner at the time payed out ?and if so then it is the property of the insurance company and the previous owner has no claim? and most insurance company,s only keep files a maximum of 20yrs and some of the insurance companys that these cars were insured with 30yrs ago arnt even around anymoree or bought out by another company, i went through all this with the last jasmin yellow A9X i purchased .

#38 _woodspeed_

_woodspeed_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hello Rollo,I had a lot to do with Anthony's car when it was being built.I was at the photo shoot and did all sorts of work on the car at the time.
After looking at ur pics im very sure ur car is not Anthony's car.
I just called him and we spoke more about it,he welded up many holes in the engine bay and removed and welded over the heater box holes and bolts etc.
As far as we know his car is still in Sydney,is missing its tags and does not have any of the original parts with it anymore.When he sold it it had a 9 inch still and the original diff was disposed of after it failed in a big way.From memory i dont think we could get the blown centre out of the housing and we threw the whole thing away.
The 9 inch had the original A9X disc brakes all adapted to it as well.
His car was meant for Bob Morris as his personal car and came fitted with dual side draught webers like some of the race cars were running back then.Apparently he didnt end up using it and it was sold to Anthony eventually.I often think about that car and hate the fact we done so many mods to it not considering its unique history and eventual value had it remained as delivered,probably a one off.
The other thing,i hate to say this but back in the day the passenger rear quarter section was cut out as we had plans to tub the car,this never happened and a couple of yrs later we cut the same section out of a UC Torana in a wreckers near where we lived and spot welded it back into place.We did cut and modify the tunnel but it didnt look like ur pics,u could barely notice the rolled section he welded in after the carpet was laid over it.We know it sat like that for many years after he sold it and may still be at the same place today.
I sort of wish u did have his old car but then i also hope its gone and forgotten as it makes me regret what we did back then.
I still own an LC GTR that i had at the time we were doing mods to his car,we put mini tubs in my car,small block,9 inch and glide.I raced it at Sydney drags for years and it ran 11.0 at best,now its sits in my garage still with rego and rarely gets driven,i drive my 68 Camaro more often now.Other minor mods we did to mine were moving the column over,cutting the front cross member for better steering with the 350,cant remember what else.My car has a large XU1 type fuel tank fitted,its been there for the near 20 yrs ive owned it and was apparently there from new,but im not sure.
Good luck finding out about ur car mate.

#39 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hello Rollo,I had a lot to do with Anthony's car when it was being built.I was at the photo shoot and did all sorts of work on the car at the time.
I just called him and we spoke more about it,he welded up many holes in the engine bay and removed and welded over the heater box holes and bolts etc.
As far as we know his car is still in Sydney,is missing its tags and does not have any of the original parts with it anymore.When he sold it it had a 9 inch still and the original diff was disposed of after it failed in a big way.From memory i dont think we could get the blown centre out of the housing and we threw the whole thing away.
His car was meant for Bob Morris as his personal car and came fitted with dual side draught webers like some of the race cars were running back then.Apparently he didnt end up using it and it was sold to Anthony eventually.I often think about that car and hate the fact we done so many mods to it not considering its unique history and eventual value had it remained as delivered,probably a one off.
The other thing,i hate to say this but back in the day the passenger rear quarter section was cut out as we had plans to tub the car,this never happened and a couple of yrs later we cut the same section out of a UC Torana in a wreckers near where we lived and spot welded it back into place.We did cut and modify the tunnel but it didnt look like ur pics,u could barely notice the rolled section he welded in after the carpet was laid over it.We know it sat like that for many years after he sold it and may still be at the same place today.
I sort of wish u did have his old car but then i also hope its gone and forgotten as it makes me regret what we did back then.
I still own an LC GTR that i had at the time we were doing mods to his car,we put mini tubs in my car,small block,9 inch and glide.I raced it at Sydney drags for years and it ran 11.0 at best,now its sits in my garage still with rego and rarely gets driven,i drive my 68 Camaro more often now.Other minor mods we did to mine were moving the column over,cutting the front cross member for better steering with the 350,cant remember what else.My car has a large XU1 type fuel tank fitted,its been there for the near 20 yrs ive owned it and was apparently there from new,but im not sure.
Good luck finding out about ur car mate. Going to pull the interior out of it this arvo and check out the floor patch and any markings aswell as the tunnel mods keep u posted ? Hey and thanks for all the info has been very helpfull ,this thread on anthonys car was great reading.

#40 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Attached File  samuels.JPG   893.14K   74 downloadsAttached File  samuels__2_.JPG   827.25K   46 downloadsAttached File  samuels__3_.JPG   858.29K   47 downloadsAttached File  samuels__4_.JPG   895.76K   35 downloadsAttached File  samuels__5_.JPG   833.67K   32 downloads
Attached File  samuels__6_.JPG   872.21K   60 downloadsAttached File  samuels__7_.JPG   835.32K   24 downloads

This is the best I can do Rollo.

I dont have a scanner. Hey in this article is the bonnet catcher painted in undercoat cause mine is and from the scanned pics i cant tell looks similar can anyone tell who has the magazines with this car in it?

#41 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

hey woodspeed i think you better contact me ! i have sent you a PM

#42 _ChevLX_77_

_ChevLX_77_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

I wanna know how the barbados Green SLR 5000 is going????

#43 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hi Rollo
it might be painted in a Flat silver primer the bonnet Catch,looks it to me in my Performance Street Car mag that i have,i might have to dig up the street machine mag with the car in it,and check that to see i can see the bonnet catch.
Regards Allan

#44 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hay Rollo check out the photo of the interior from the magazine shots. Looks as though someone had screwed a aluminium plate over the radio hole. Now look at your interior shots, you have four screw holes in almost the same place. Hmmm makes you wonder. Good score even if it's not the car.

#45 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hi
The Green Supercharged LX A9X is in Street Machine March 1990 issue,Found it after going through 30 years of car mags,Now in the Street Machine mag the Bonnet catch is Chromed but its not chromed in the Performance Street Car Mag.
Maybe when he sold it he took the chrome One off.
Regards Allan

#46 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Bob Morris never had or got a road going A9X sedan, the only A9X he had for the road was a race shell built into a road car and he only drove it a few times and sold it.

#47 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Bob Morris never had or got a road going A9X sedan, the only A9X he had for the road was a race shell built into a road car and he only drove it a few times and sold it.

What colour was it,Red?

#48 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

I wanna know how the barbados Green SLR 5000 is going????

Yeah good thanks. just got it back from the exhaust shop. its all done, just need to wire it up and tailshaft. going to add some pics of the pipes and exhaust etc in the members projects section. keep u posted

#49 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

What colour was it,Red?

White, a plain white hatch, and not the one claiming to be an ex Bob Morris shell a while back at one of the auctions.

#50 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

Good luck finding out about ur car mate.

WELL I,M just about certain that this is Anthonys car after stripping the whole interior out of this car and finding everything you have described .Would be good to get in contact with him to get some history on the car as some of the experts on these have fallen to a dead end so it seems.And i am still A NOVICE on some of the fine details of these cars and it would be good to have another A9X brought back from the dead thanks to anyone that can help.

w

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users