is anyone spot on with a9x chassis numbers as i just bought another that has missing tags

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Would just like to thank RED for the helpfull info he provided on the panama A9X i purchased 3 weeks ago as the chassis number i provided checked out and the car has been identified thanks Again RED as some of these cars would be lost without the knowledge you have on these cars .If anyone else has any info on thiss car it would be greatly appreciated too as the car was sold new through FAIR DEAL HOLDEN PARRAMATTA SYDNEY.
And well i,m certain is Anthony Samuals old car from street machine, and performance street car mag 89/90 with the blown motor on the cover Also had another forumn member come and verify the car thanks darren.
IF any one knows this cars past at all i would be very greatfull for it !

#52 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

Great pick-up rollo :spoton:

The aerial in the centre of the roof and not far from the windscreen is an 80s thing as my SS has one and I know of an A9X Hatch that has the same aerial and by memory the exact same AM/FM radio/cassette player that mine had in it before I put in the ol' AM radio.

AND I think the rear speakers are the same also.

Regards .... Barry

#53 _woodspeed_

_woodspeed_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

Would just like to thank RED for the helpfull info he provided on the panama A9X i purchased 3 weeks ago as the chassis number i provided checked out and the car has been identified thanks Again RED as some of these cars would be lost without the knowledge you have on these cars .If anyone else has any info on thiss car it would be greatly appreciated too as the car was sold new through FAIR DEAL HOLDEN PARRAMATTA SYDNEY.
And well i,m certain is Anthony Samuals old car from street machine, and performance street car mag 89/90 with the blown motor on the cover Also had another forumn member come and verify the car thanks darren.
IF any one knows this cars past at all i would be very greatfull for it !

Hi Rollo,
Anthony is with me now whilst writing this,he doesnt think it is his car as the boot is entirely different as is the dash and numerous other things,particularly underthe car around the exhaust and diff.I also got it wrong about it being for Bob Morris,it was initially for another holden guy but cant remember right now.
If i still have ur number we will call u.

#54 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

spoke wuth Anthony he now seems to think it is his car!!!!??? i pretty sure it is he had chromed bonnet hinges with the bolts painted green ,this has chromed bonnet hinges with the bolts painted green ? his had a six bolt roll cage with only 2 bolts holding each mounting point this had a rollcage with only 2 bolts on each mounting point? he cut slots in the boot for the straps for the drop tank this has slots cut in the boot for drop tank? he smoothed up the cut in the guards for the rear flares this has had the cuts in the guards smoothed up ? he had a aeriel put in the roof this has a aeriel in the roof ?he had his splashback guards in the engine bay chromed this has them chromed ?he cut and modified the tunnel and welded a perfectly rolled piece of metal on the passenger side in the tunnel this has a pefectly rolled piece of metal welded in on the passenger side tunnel ?and last but not least he cut the passenger side rear wheel arch out and was going to mini tubb it then decided not too and replaced it with one he cut out of a sandy brownie coloured one this has the passenger side rear wheel arch out and repaced with a sandy browny coloured one ? LOL WE ALL NOW WHO,S CAR IT WAS !! :Headbang2:

#55 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

Great pickup Rollo, looks like a real nice car. :clap:

All that matters it's now yours and you know it's a genuine A9X! :spoton:

"Cheers"

Alf

#56 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hope it is the Car Rollo,send me ya Email addy and i will scan and post you the Street Machine Mag Story on it ,if you want it,i have the other mag too it is in.
At least its a A9X and its green,so its a better than not chance it is the car

#57 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hope it is the Car Rollo,send me ya Email addy and i will scan and post you the Street Machine Mag Story on it ,if you want it,i have the other mag too it is in.
At least its a A9X and its green,so its a better than not chance it is the car

its the car also his car had factory rustproofing so does this , Unless someone has made a exact replica of all the mods and cutting and options he did to his car lol and it happened to be a panama green car too and a a9x and cut the rear wheel arch out then put it back and used the same sandy brown wheel arch he did and painted the bolts on the bonnet hinges and chromed all the same things he did put a cage in it and mounted it the same way he did cut slots in the boot for the drop tank the same as he did and put an aerial in the roof then tidied up the rear guards as he did then modified the tunnel using the same rolled piece of metal that he did,and then smoothed the engine bay up and cut out the charcoal canaster and bracket and smoothed it over lol
WHAT DO U THINK? BINGO IF U SAID ITS ANTHONY SAMUALS OLD CAR !
I WOULD LOVE THE STORY AND PICS FROM THE MAGS IF I COULD. :clap:

#58 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

Ill have a look a bit later and see if I have a spare copy of the PSC Magazine.If I do,its yours.
Any news on the whereabouts of the tags?

#59 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

thanks would be great!

#60 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

not yet but i think i know h :spoton: ow to track em down.

#61 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Great rollo,its the Green Machine,Happy that Beast is still alive,will scan and post soon to you.

#62 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

amazing i looked on ebay on fri just by chance o start watching keeping an eye out for the magazines and the street machine one was there with 1 day to go bought it with about 200 other car mags for $40.00 and the performaance strret car was there finshinf a few hrs after in a batch of ten i payed $10.00 woo hoo ! and like new!. :clap:

#63 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Great Rollo
The Street Machine Mag has great pics and story in the mag,im sure its only in S/Machine Mag and Per/Street car mag
I cant remember it in any other Mags from that time frame

#64 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Did the tags for this ever turn up,Rollo?

#65 _toranalover_

_toranalover_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

????? did you end up retrieving the tags??

#66 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

nope not yet !!! the person who has them cant do a thing with them as all the numbers are known and now this car has re-appeared makes it harder for the holder of the tags cause i have the car in my possession .

#67 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

can anyone show me what the exhaust hangers looked like on a9x or L34 race cars as in the side pipes ? and I have some pics from my I phone that I cant upload as they keep coming back as too large thanks

#68 _Dustings_

_Dustings_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Here you go rollo

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374554577.172453.jpg   188.02K   17 downloads

Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374554592.662080.jpg   179.02K   3 downloads

Tim

#69 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

thanks Tim

#70 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

has anyone seen brackets as the ones in the pics before on both sides in the same position to the rear of the doors ???

Here you go rollo

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1374554577.172453.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1374554592.662080.jpg

Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users