39 replies to this topic

#26 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

considering blokes in the US are running crazy compression on the stuff its very very worth it.

#27 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

I havent come accross a single servo selling E85 so there couldnt be too many.

I can buy it by the drum direct from the petrol company or the other places we buy fuels (like we do C10 or methanol)

Anyone know of servos selling it?

As for the gearbox, depends how nice you are to it, I flog the balls off my celica box, (touch wood) it hasnt given up yet.

I think your Banjo would probably give up the ghost before the gb.

Id invest in an explosion proof flywheel (yella terra) to go with it too.

I'm running a VP Borgy (lsd, 3.45's, 28 spline). It should be ok.
Flywheel is on the shopping list.

#28 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

In case you've been ill advised,restamping engine blocks is kinda illegal.

#29 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

In case you've been ill advised,restamping engine blocks is kinda illegal.

I would never have guessed that... :tease:

#30 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

E85 = Street legal methanol. pretty much. ive been considering it for mine

#31 _pacey1977_

_pacey1977_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hi , we have a red 202 street/ drag one might say and it is filled with hard blok see pic and we have run this set up on the street now for a while with no cooling diffrence.yes it takes notabily less water now .also i might add the engine is very heavy now with this extra stuff on it .and finaly there is a process that you go through before the block is filled unsure but it might help in the cracking of the blocks as stated in the above posts.as i got an engine builder in town here to fill ours as he does most of the block filling here in town.

Thanks hayden

Posted Image

SO YOU HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE WITH TEMP OVER HEATING AFTER FILLING THE BLOCK. AM BUILDING A 3.3LT BLUE MOTOR WITH ALL THE GOOD GEAR COPM CAM SOILD CAM ROLLER ROCKET TRIPPLE WEBBER AND HAVE FILLED THE BLOCK WITH GROUT AM ALSO RUNNING A V8 RADIATOR 3 CORE OUT OF A HQ SO THAT HOLD'S MORE WATER THEN THE FACTORY TORANA ONES. DO YOU THINK I WILL HAVE HEATING PROBLEM THNAKS

#32 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Pacey....
re-read the whole thread. The answers you seek have already been posted.
Oh.... and "roller rockets" how do they work?
WhIlE YoU ArE aT iT CoUlD yOu TuRn The CaPs LoCk oFf It Is HaRd To ReAd........

Cheers Greg..

#33 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

heres another question...

roller or solid for a 202?

#34 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

Solid, unless competition within the class you race in dictates that you need a roller to keep up.
Or.... your made of money!

Cheers Greg..

#35 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

Loaded question haha.

already gone for the roller cam option, hasnt really worked out that expensive thus far.

#36 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

^ Ha ha... yeah.. untill you buy springs for it....
There are NO CHEAP ONES THAT WILL DO THE JOB. :o
Cost.. aprox.
Cam $700
Lifters $800
Springs $1200
retainers $ 200
Modification to spring seats and other clearancing of lifter bores etc... $500-$800
Bronze lifter bores $1000
Bronze oil pump gear $200.
Total=$4600

Yeah... that's cheap! and if you leave some of that stuff out,with a roller, there is no mercy,IT GOES BOOM!

Still want to run a roller?

Cheers greg..

#37 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

cam and lifters were sourced a fair bit cheaper then that through people and places.

block modifications are being done for free, the bronze lifter bores are at a cost though.

Its a joint funded thing between me and my old man (although my end has slacked lately with bills)

Depends what you class as expensive though, the $4500 for the Jzed head is expensive too, but I suppose, in the end its only money! :P

Thats actually something I didnt talk to Joe about on the phone, the springs and rocker setup, suppose we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Its become more of a parts gathering project at the moment, the cam and lifters are in the shed, the flash H beam rods are there too, pistons are comming, got a few blocks etc etc.

I must admit, Im just the passenger in it all though, Ray made the decisions I just sat and nodded and though "well hey, I get to drive this thing" and stuck my 2c in on the things I definitely knew about.

Speaking of which, how much were your girdles worth? after last time I wanted to buy in bulk (all the speedway guys that were in all backed out or were full of shit...) I actually need/want to definitely buy one now (dependant on the price I suppose)

#38 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:41 PM

hrmm agree with greg on the roller cam thing alota cash to throw at it!

And on that topic greg can u reply to my emails & Pm's Ive lost your phone number unable to get in contacts

Sorry Thread steal

Cheers
Ed.

#39 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

Paccey,
yes we are yet to have any overheating dramas we also have a larger than std radiator.most likley if it was used in a more constant inviroment i would put external water hoses on it but are trying to eliminate bigger probs than that with this engine.

Cheers Hayden

#40 _glennhailstone_

_glennhailstone_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

Im putting a blow through turbo set up on my 3.3. But I know nothing about how to go about it. Whats this roller and solid, you are talking about.

And what are some good cam specs. I guess from reading this thread, I would be looking at 9.5:1 comp with 12psi. Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users