Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for that Leakey,
Lorne was actually the person who did the deal with me that day, and as i said, Very helpful!

I'm glad that Ken took the time to come in and have a look around, Also that it sounds like he's taken on board not only the positive comments, but any negative ones that come up ( I feel good about businesses who want to hear about how they can improve!).

Good on you for taking the time to let a business know that theyre on the right track too! Too often complaints are the only things that they hear!

Cheers!

#28 _LX CHAMOIS HATCH_

_LX CHAMOIS HATCH_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

i found shannons excellent and helpfull. and im 19, over the phone the gave me a quote of $2k for agreed value of $5K. sounds shit to the older blokes but when your 19 thats the best deal around.

so im definatly getting that next year. (when i can afford it) till then im with Just Car... $600 fire and theft.

oh yeah and the market value for an 1977 LX SL HATCHBACK is $1980

according to NRMA, and pretty much every other insurance company out there.....

cheers

#29 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:27 PM

To check the market value of your car... look HERE:

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/

This is what the insurance companies actually use.

Cheers!

#30 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

wow, this thread couldnt have com3 at a better time...as i am about to look at insurance for my torry.

I have been driving for 4 years(i'm 20), have had no crashes, speeding fines, anything.....

i have my daily dirver insured with westfarmers, but a thinking about going theough SHANNONS for my torry.

It seems like alot of people are happy with them?

i would like to get it insured for $5000, i spose i will give them call monday, any one got any tips? or who else is good?

#31 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:31 AM

Lol, after starting such a lengthy post i spoke to both Vigil and Shannons and neither of them would insure me based on losing my licence. I think it was the 15 month suspension that ruined it for me. Thank god "Just Cars" would insure me, gave me $5000 coverage if stolen, not really what i wanted but had no choice. Full comp was only $750 because they could tell the work was put into it.

Good how they allow unlimited mods and would insure me based on previous driving record. Only bad thing is, if i claim $2000 excess. LOL

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#32 _Hotrodder_

_Hotrodder_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

My car is insured for $75,000 and costs me just under $500/year, with Shannons
Also worth noting is that Vigil wouldnt insure me for anything over $60k, and Justcar insurance wouldnt cover over $50k, and they both wanted alot more for their policy than Shannons did. When this was pointed out they both duly dropped their premium considerably, but still wouldnt cover any more than $50/60k.
Moral of the story is dont just accept their quoted premiums, ask for a better deal and you'll get one. Shopping for insurance is no different to shopping for a TV, bargain with them over what they want to charge. For those interested you can also do this with the banks when securing a loan too, whether its for a car, house etc, they will also lower the interest rates if you ask them to. Ive done it on a few occasions now so I know it works.

As for not insuring a car because its not registered, thats crap, ask them for laid-up cover because that is specifically for unregistered cars in storage, then switch over to full insurance when its on the road. laid-up cover is very cheap because the risk is so low as its not on the road. the only thing you are not covered for is actual loading/unloading onto a trailer or similar, its covered whilst on the trailer tho. I had laid-up on the hotrod for 5 years while I was building it and cost me about $80/year.

#33 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:26 PM

Hotrodder: Too right.. I got laid up insurance for our SL/R.. costs me $65 per year and i'm covered for what i bought it for!

Good advise on the bargaining too...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users