TORRIECHICK'S UC!

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#51 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thanks.
Ah the smell was not the best LOL But it's better now. :) I thought the seats looked great too, I was surprised at how they came up. :spoton:
Today I cleaned the doortrims and then put the back two back on the doors and all the bits and pieces. Then scraped the front doors and fish oiled them, and vacuumed. Then we painted the scuff plates silver, they look great. Dad found some new as screws so I used them. I put the scuff plates back on and that's all I got done today. I wash going to wash it, but anyone seen the weather in VIC? LOL It's pretty sad. :( And I got my fluffy dice! They are red with white dots. And smell nice :)
Oh also, the colour of the interior in some of the pics are brighter than it really is because it was a darker day and the flash. And if I didnt have the flash the pic was dark.
Fluffy dice:
Posted Image
Discovered some rust in the drivers door:
Posted Image
And passenger door:
Posted Image
Doortrims back on:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Pretty sad huh?
Posted Image
Scuff plates:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Catch all.

#52 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Woo more UC action!
Ranga interior is v nice indeed. Take it on the maroondah dam cruise!
It should scrub up nicely good score

lol welcome to the red fluffy dice club :P
Posted Image

#53 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

LOL thanks. I will get the driver's seat fixed when I can cause it has a rip or two. Haha I had no idea whether I'd be able to find red fluffy dice, was pretty happy when I did! Posted Image
Yesterday, we finally had some decent enough weather so I gave it a wash. We had no Meguiar's left so I had to use Polyglaze :( But anyway then we used the paint cleaner on it, got to the last two panels and it ran out! Mum thinks the paint on the roof is stuffed so we have decided we will sand it back, paint some primer on it and get a can of aztec silver. Then Dad came back with a battery (needs a bit of charging) so I am using the one out of his UC til it's charged. Then we got it started and it backfired heaps. Dad found that there is a crack in the distributor cap. That was about all. Here is the pics
Engine:
Posted Image
After a wash and some paint cleaner:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Catch all.

Edited by torriechick, 29 September 2009 - 09:40 AM.

#54 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

Looking good TC !! It always brings a smile to my dial to see another UC treated with the love and respect they deserve (says he who cant even be bothered painting his own... hehehehe).

#55 _beige_lj_

_beige_lj_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

yay for fluffy dice, i had black ones though!

lookn pretty good though your making heaps of progress

now the big wait for the learners Posted Image

#56 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

yay for fluffy dice, i had black ones though!

lookn pretty good though your making heaps of progress

now the big wait for the learners Posted Image

cheers tc for your enthuasium your keepin me on my toes to get mine up and running, how long you got to go to get your L,s? and how much more you got to do tc for rego? cheers billywest
Posted Image

#57 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

Thanks. :) Yeah they do deserve love and respect Big T, there's nothing wrong with them. I love mine. :spoton: Haha yeah fluffy dice are sweet as, mum has black fluffy dice in her LX. LOL billywest always good to know. I have 3 and a bit years til I get my L's so plenty of time for the resto. There's not really too much wrong with it, so get everything fixed and then start with the paint, interior, body and stuff :) Today I got a new distributor cap and rotor button, all that happened. LOL

Catch.

#58 _torana_49_

_torana_49_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

coming along nicely TC

hope they dont raise the license age.

#59 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, I hope they don't either!

Yesterday, got out there at 2PM, I was planning to get heaps done on it, had heaps planned.. Well... Mum and I started sanding the roof.. and.. umm.. then Mum started chasing me around with a dust brush and then we sort of ran out of energy so sat in the car. Meanwhile, Dad's rebuilding my distributor.. We tried to explain to him that we perfected the "gangster lean" so we did do some work. We finished sanding the roof and I helped put the new rotor button and distributor cap in.

But today, I got a bit more done. First I masked up the windows and stuff while Dad was draining the '6 year old petrol' out of the tank. Then painted the roof primer haha :)
Here's the pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Painted:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Catch all.

#60 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

haha good to see you making progress so quickly its giving me more motovation to go back out and do more

#61 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

looking good there Torri, whats with the licence thingo ?? why do you have to wait 3 and a bit yrs ?? are you only 13 ?? if so gezz i wish i got my first car at 13 Posted Image

#62 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:47 PM

Tori is 12 at the moment Lee, turning 13 later this month actually.

Should be getting her learners at 16 ay bud, and then P's at 17, opens at 20.

Unless the laws change.

Good stuff Tori!

#63 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

P's at 18 in Vic, opens at 22 :P

#64 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

QLD wins! Posted Image

Vic custom plates are heaps freaking cheaper though...

Edited by mello92, 02 October 2009 - 03:58 PM.

#65 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Thanks Ryan, Lee, Carmelo.
Liscence thing? The plate? It's just a show plate. And yeah, what Carmelo said. :)
Im 13 on the 30th woop woop! Posted Image So nearlly 3 years til I get my L's! So good that I have heaps of time to restore it! I want custom plates, they are awesome. :)

Today, we got some paint putty to use on the roof as the paint was uneven or something and since it was such a windy day, the paint putty ended up on my boot! And it was so hard to get off, it was stuck there! Dad tried polyglaze bug and tar remover, and meguairs polish, but they didnt work. So he got methylated spirits and it worked, but took a few hours.. that's all we got done.. slight delay hey.. :(

On the good side, got a new fuel filter today, apparently I needed it :huh: Dad keeps buying me things, he doesn't realise Im spose to pay for myself LOL but if he's offering, I'll take the offer.

Catch.

#66 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Name:steve
  • Car:UC Torana

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

your getting things done pretty quick its insipring lol
my uc needs tons of work
keep us posted

#67 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

my dad got bog and undercoat on my commodores mirrors winscreen and passengers door window and trim lol

#68 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

Tori is 12 at the moment Lee, turning 13 later this month actually.

Should be getting her learners at 16 ay bud, and then P's at 17, opens at 20.

Unless the laws change.

Good stuff Tori!

Gezz im glad i got my Licence when i did ( about 15 or so yrs ago ) i think i had my full Licence at 17 shit its been that long i cant remember Posted Image but i do remember very clearly loosing it 2 weeks on my full licence for 2 yrs Posted Image " young + Torana + Big Motor = Trouble Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#69 _soss_

_soss_
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:17 AM

got my Ls on my 16th birthday and my Ps 2 weeks later ,,, 16 and 2 weeks old and cruzing ,,, good old SA ,,but i do belive its changed a bit now :rockon:

#70 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:35 AM

Thanks Ryan, Lee, Carmelo.
Liscence thing? The plate? It's just a show plate. And yeah, what Carmelo said. Posted Image
Im 13 on the 30th woop woop! Posted Image So nearlly 3 years til I get my L's! So good that I have heaps of time to restore it! I want custom plates, they are awesome. Posted Image

Today, we got some paint putty to use on the roof as the paint was uneven or something and since it was such a windy day, the paint putty ended up on my boot! And it was so hard to get off, it was stuck there! Dad tried polyglaze bug and tar remover, and meguairs polish, but they didnt work. So he got methylated spirits and it worked, but took a few hours.. that's all we got done.. slight delay hey.. :(

On the good side, got a new fuel filter today, apparently I needed it Posted Image Dad keeps buying me things, he doesn't realise Im spose to pay for myself LOL but if he's offering, I'll take the offer.

Catch.

hey tc good progress keep it up, hey is your dad and tweety interestered in adopting so i can finishmy projectcheers bilywestPosted Image

#71 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thanks all.

Yeah the putty was so hard to get off. LOL Lee, smart one, bet ya weren't happy about that one! soss, so jealous! 16 and 2 weeks! :( Haha billy, doubt that alot.. sorry LOL

Yesterday, we sanded the roof back to make it smooth, with wet and dry sandpaper. Then used a wet rag to go over the roof, then a dry one (it was still wet though) so we waited for it to dry. Then Dad said there was a bit more paint that was unevenISH so we used some putty on it. (Had old blankets over the boot and bonnet and had masked up the rest this time!!) Lucky for us, none got on the paint work this time!! It was a nicer day yesterday too though. Then we waited for that to dry, then sanded it, I think. And last, we painted it aztec silver.. not enough in the can though, so we need to get some more. Posted Image
Sanded:
Posted Image
All ready to paint:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Primer:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Aztec Silver (hard to see since we only had one can)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Catch all.

Edited by torriechick, 04 October 2009 - 10:50 AM.

#72 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Schools back, so haven't had any time to work on the UC. Posted Image
But anyway, on Sunday, I was pretty lazy but lucky for me, daylight savings came... So 6PM out working on the car LOL we found a doortrim for the passenger door (It is whiteISH but Dad said we could paint it redISH like the rest of my interior LOL) But we found a red armrest (came with the car) and some other bits in the shed. Looks quite.. odd.. at the moment but it'll do for now. Then we put the new fuel filter in. So here's some pics:
Door trim:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fuel filter:
Posted Image

Hope I'll get heaps done on the weekend :) :spoton:
Catch.

#73 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

just buy some vinyl paint its the easiest way but i dont no if u can get
it in that colour i would look into wats available

#74 _torana_49_

_torana_49_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:32 PM

got my Ls on my 16th birthday and my Ps 2 weeks later ,,, 16 and 2 weeks old and cruzing ,,, good old SA ,,but i do belive its changed a bit now :rockon:

im pretty sure now its
L's at 16
50 - 65 hours
then at 16 and 6months you can go for ya P's
in SA

and TC sure getting alot done! well done

#75 hawk

hawk

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

got my Ls on my 16th birthday and my Ps 2 weeks later ,,, 16 and 2 weeks old and cruzing ,,, good old SA ,,but i do belive its changed a bit now Posted Image

im pretty sure now its
L's at 16
50 - 65 hours
then at 16 and 6months you can go for ya P's
in SA

and TC sure getting alot done! well done

in vic its ls at 16 and u hav 2 do 120 hours
and 18 for ps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users