GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:09 PM

shirts are great mate, attendance trophies are a good idea but being part of such a great event is more than enough for me.
Looking forward to 2010, again thanks to all from HVTC

#52 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

I loved the shirt and, imho, the entrants trophy is a great way to have a permanent momento of the event.

One thing I also really liked was getting to talk to the Nowacki brothers when they walked around viewing the cars. In a strange 'this guy is totally crazy' way I think they liked/appreciated L8...

#53 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

On behalf of the victorian torana club a big congratulations must go to the hvtc on a awesome job well done.
As per the thread name a bit of feedback, definately need sum portaloos placed around the oval. I didnt even know that you had a pa going until i read about it so definately i feel you need to either turn it up or turn the music down a bit or use the music guys stuff for the pa system.
In your debrief with the motel can i suggest that not allowing the patrons to bring there own beer to the bbq was a mistake, there was quite a few unhappy people over that as could be seen with the lack of people buying drinks from the beer tent outside.
next year a organised cruise on the saturday would be a good thing even if the proposed hill climb is a goer, a drive round town would be good.
Im already planning how i can get a set of R spec tyres to newcastle for the hillclimb.
cheers tony

Hey Tony where is my membership m8

cheers Keith (White Knight)

#54 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

We had 2 drunken fools that we had to move on from the event but all else were very well behaved

i was wondering what that was all about,druken bums,john gong the wife reckons your a crack up with your post about the toilets as she said the same thing about (not facing that many arses but)i would like to thank the hunter valley torana club again have been attending for three years but this was the first i had my car there and a big thanks to the gong ,frash the bucket and glacier 73 if it wasnt for these guys the car would not have been there
daryn i will see you next year and i will make the bbq this time and thank your club members from me for being so kind to me the wife and kids

cheers grant

#55 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

Hi mate, looks like a great show,

This is neither the time nor the place, but when the dust settles and you have 5 minutes, i'd like to chat with you about bringing some cars over from perth.

We'd appreciate some local support with logistics and the run we would organise from this end.

Welby

#56 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

Hi mate, looks like a great show,

This is neither the time nor the place, but when the dust settles and you have 5 minutes, i'd like to chat with you about bringing some cars over from perth.

We'd appreciate some local support with logistics and the run we would organise from this end.

Welby

Hi Welby

mate give me a couple of weeks and PM me and we can discuss your plans. As you can see we are pretty flexible so we should be able to assist you in some way..

cheers
Mick

#57 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:55 AM

We had 2 drunken fools that we had to move on from the event but all else were very well behaved

I'm glad that didn't go bad, as it took place right next to my car. When he threw his goon bag, it nearly hit it.
Could have been a very different outcome of the day for me had that happened...

But only 2 tossers among the how many thousand people that were there during the course of the day?
I know when to take yes for an answer.

#58 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

Firstly thanks for a well organised event,
however...
maybe there could be a runners-up trophy for the longest distance traveled,
after traveling 1731km to be beaten by my mate who traveled 1735km,to get there,
i feel like i was tipped at the post,hehehe
on a serious note the food stalls need to be away from cars,
the music was too loud,(no im not too old)
I thought i say a sign on the porta loos saying staff only,(need more loos)
Ill be back next year with family,and looking foward too it.
cheers Baz

#59 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

I thought it was great ... had no problems on the day, people were curtious and respected the cars everywhere I looked. Great job HVTC.

... Barry you just live too close to Toranafest ... hah hah hah

Simmo

#60 _slr253_

_slr253_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

Congrats on a well run event...

Shirts are fantastic as was the entrants trophies. Both will be reminders of a great event.

Maybe have an Encouragement Award or 2 as this event is for all Toranas, of any condition. There are a lot of owners that don't have the skills or cash to get their Toranas to the same level as the trophy winners, so an Encouragement or similar Award may entice a few more Torana owners to enter Toranafest in the future.

As you had dealings with the Motel, could you ask them to stick to the price that was quoted when the rooms were booked. I was quoted $90 per night and ended up paying $100 per night.

Cheers

#61 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

Congrats on a well run event...

Shirts are fantastic as was the entrants trophies. Both will be reminders of a great event.

Maybe have an Encouragement Award or 2 as this event is for all Toranas, of any condition. There are a lot of owners that don't have the skills or cash to get their Toranas to the same level as the trophy winners, so an Encouragement or similar Award may entice a few more Torana owners to enter Toranafest in the future.

As you had dealings with the Motel, could you ask them to stick to the price that was quoted when the rooms were booked. I was quoted $90 per night and ended up paying $100 per night.

Cheers

There is an Encouragement award.. and it's actually sponsored by the Forums...

I am talking to the Motel in a couple of week and I will bring that up...

cheers
Mick

#62 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

G'day All

Well first off I have a major complaint about one of the members of the HVTC

I have to complain about how he twisted my arm up my back to make me come to Toranafest. :<_<:

Can't mention any names but he is short, well rounded and has recently restored his yellow SS Hatch to schmick condition of which he keeps in an air bubble.
So now I have named him "Bubble Boy" :tease:

Well "Bubble Boy" had phoned me when I mentioned that I wasn't coming to Toranafest due to the extra expense of me and the missus going on the Tassie Torana Tour in October.

"Bubble Boy"

You've just gotta come to Toranafest as it is going to be extra special this year :spoton: You can't miss out

My fantastic missus gave me the funds to attend so that "Bubble Boy" would stop harrassing me with threatening phone calls. :surrenderwave:

"Bubble Boy" if you are reading this then a phone call around the same time next year won't go astray :clappin:

Posted Image

I was wondering how the HVTC could top off last years Fest with Harry's B'day Doo but somehow you have done just that :spoton: :clappin:

To President Mick and his band of hard workers, CONGRATULATIONS. :party:

On my observation of the Fest.

More dunnies especially over at the eastern side.
More fast food outlets.
As for the PA system failure, shits happens.
As for the 2 drunken fools, hard to stop idiots being idiots.

AND there was one gate crasher but he didn't fool anyone and wasn't allowed in so he just sailed on by :badabing:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Posted Image

Parents with children I found were responsible and asked their kids not to touch :)
Shirts are great

Thanks to the HVTC for another top weekend :spoton:

Regards ..... Barry

PS .... Someone did mention Monaros had asked to be added to the event for next year :wtf: Torana event only and with 246 this year and more then likely MORE next year, where is extra area to be found to put them.

Lovely car but no thanks.

#63 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:21 PM

WHO YOU CALLING :nudie:

#64 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

Ahhhhhhh Ha, so "Bubble Boy" shows his face :blink2:

Not a pretty sight, but as the sunsets on yet another great Toranafest.

Posted Image

I say thanks mate and don't forget that phone call next year :spoton:

Regards .... Barry

#65 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

Barry , how long did it take you to see the boat in the picture ?

#66 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

No complaints here. The whole event right down to the accommodation was great. And Barry, Bubble Boy didn't only hassle you to come up......

Well done HVTC, thanks for a great show..

#67 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:38 PM

Monaro's crashing our party? Outrageous!

#68 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

Hey Poppa Smurf (PoppSS)
next time maybe you should stand on my bonnet just to get a better pic of the ship.LOL

cheers Keith

#69 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

threeblindmice

Barry , how long did it take you to see the boat in the picture ?

Actually Bruce, I heard the horn of the ship and was waiting till it got into the shot.

I took 5 photos and that was the pick of them.

Posted Image

Trees in the way for 3 of them, and this was one of the other 2 that had the ship's bridge in the right spot.

I usually don't miss too many photo opportunities as next to my love of all things TORANA is PHOTOGRAPHY :spoton:

OK Redslur, looks like you and I have a score to settle with "Bubble Boy", so who is going to be first to shout him a drink next Toranafest :blink2:

AND yes Keith, Maybe not on the bonnet of your car but maybe on your head :lol:

Regards ....... Barry

#70 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

I like it when you talk dirty to me Barry

cheers Keith

#71 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

.......Maybe have an Encouragement Award or 2 as this event is for all Toranas, of any condition. ......

For those who may not have been aware, or couldnt hear the PA announcements during the presentations,
The GMH-Torana.com.au forum did sponsor an encouragement award which included a car care pack along with the trophy that was presented.

I had the honour of choosing the car most worthy of it, And i tell you... judging is a NIGHTMARE of a job.
I Tried to choose a car that wasnt a show stopper but that the owner had obviously tried their best to get to the show and give it a red hot go. I Honestly think, and hope that I chose a worthy winner, and unfortuantely there were at LEAST 5 cars i could have chosen (Again.. what a bastard of a job judging is!!)

I'm sure that next year, we will be sponsoring the award again and hopefully i can con other moderators/admins into helping judge (Howard! Lookin at you!!)

And as for monaro's entering your show, I am very grateful for the HVTC and Mick's efforts to allow me to show my car as part of our trader's stand. Hopefully even though it isn't a Torana, you all know my heart is in the right place!
But i too agree that Toranafest is unique in that it draws such massive entrant lists, and spectators for a single-make show, and i wouldnt be changing that for anyone!
It's a proven winner and i'm sure it will continue to be so.

Once again, Congratulations to EVERYONE who worked their asses off to make this happen, Especially Mick, Todd and Gary ( Just the guys i personally know and remeber) but all the HVTC, VIPs, and other people who put their effort in to make the show so enjoyable for US ALL!

:cheers:

#72 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

you would need non-slip shoes Barry

#73 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:03 PM

GML-31

you would need non-slip shoes Barry

Nah, I'd just dig my toenails into the wrinkles on his forehead for some grip :tease:

AND Keith, dirty talk is my speciality :blink2:

Regards .... Barry

#74 _slr253_

_slr253_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:42 AM

Mick/Tiny

Great to hear there is an Encouragement Award. I obviously missed the announcement what the GMH-T award was for when Tiny was speaking...

One more thing... During this years presentations, the award for best L? went to Mr. X. I think there was no mention of the what colour the car was etc or what club the winner was a member of, if they were a member of a club. I was slightly confused and still don't know all the cars that won awards.

Maybe you could start another thread and have photos of the award winners etc...

I hope this is taken as positive feedback and not a rant etc... :spoton:

Cheers,
Brett

#75 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

Photo of the GMH-T award winner please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic