wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Well,I didnt go.I was at the 6 banger nats instead.

But heading south down the New England highway between Tamworth and Musswellbrook this morning on my way home ,I passed a bunch of fine looking Torrys heading north.

mmmmmmmmmmm eye candy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

#27 _luv the uc_

_luv the uc_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

I had a great time congradulations to all involved in organising this event.
Not sure why but there seemed to be a massive mis-communication issue with the charges at the Motel. Mainly for the breakfast and BBQ.
Obviously this is not the fault of the torana club, something I will have to sort out with the motel.

#28 _lone oranger_

_lone oranger_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

We have just arrived home in Brisbane had a great trip. It was my first Toranafest but our club went last year.

The staff at the Motel made our stay there very enjoyable. The Chef(Narelle) did a great job with all our meals nothing was too much trouble for her and she always had a smile for us even under presure. We very much enjoyed the dinner on Saturday and the talk with Harry Firth and Colin Bond.

Getting into the venue on Sunday was very eazy and your club members that helped us were very friendly and helpful. We had a great day. We know the PA system was a problem for you but things happen that are out of your control sometimes. Our guys really like there shirts in the goodies bag.

On behalf of our club GTR & XU-1 Owners Club of Queensland we would like to thank all your members for the wonderful job you did on Toranafest 2009 and we look forward to returning next year.

From Pinky as Harry Firth called me and signed my hat as I took my Strike Me Pink LJ GTR

#29 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

thanks heaps all involved, me and misses gong had the best day of the year so far, well ready since we stopped haveing kids,,, the wife said the toilet was under parr, but has i said to her, i would be abit run down after faceing that many asses, anyway was great to meet alot more forum members will do it again and again,,, the best part of the day was the perve [on all the toranas] that is.

cheers gong

#30 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

Toranafest seems to just get better and better...Cant wait for next year...Have already made a tentative block booking at the Motel for all the ACT guys, this reserves us a good spot ;) Dates to be confirmed.

The showbag is excellent value and if anything the entry fee could probably be bumped up a little as its been a while since a price increase was imposed. The shirts are fantastic (I dont think Jeremy got his one though due to some slight confusion at the showbag counter.)

The usual mutterings about the PA being inadequate. The guy with the sound setup playing all the music had a beefy system maybe we should look at using something like that with a few extra speakers around the area? (Just a thought)

The kids with bikes and scooters were a worry for some, luckily I was parked in an area away from the footpath.

Food.. H'mmmm standards could be lifted here as could the number of vendors and the selection they provide.

Congrats to the Hunter Vally club guys for a warm reception and an excellent attitude.

Cheers
Herne

#31 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

The kids with bikes and scooters were a worry for some, luckily I was parked in an area away from the footpath.

haha we saw a big stack when we were walking around....little kid get knocked off by his brother as the poor little kid was trying to get out of our way....so i see what your saying there

#32 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

I was parked facing the footpath and was pretty impressed with the general behaviour of the public, didn't have cause to reach for the baseball bat at all.

#33 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

a big thanks to all again, the Qld torana Club will be back again next year, a special thanks to Graham who went the extra mile to help me get a wheel alignment on saturday

#34 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

I was parked facing the footpath and was pretty impressed with the general behaviour of the public, didn't have cause to reach for the baseball bat at all.

That's why I said a worry for 'some' ;)

Herne

#35 _ass308_

_ass308_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

the show and day was awesome

its very well run by volunteers.

over all the crowd behaviour was good.i did see some questional behaviour.one girl about 10 id say ran her hand down a very nice 4 door BLACK lx parked next me.while here mum and dad just watched.

im also with orangelj.i felt very sorry for his dads car.the food lines were all over it.more numbers=less room.in a nice way a victim of your sucsess.possible solution,concrete or water filled bollards

an anouncement over the speakers asking people to respect the cars and quoating the total dollar value present,every now and again would be a good idea i reckon.

from a selfish point of view.i would have liked to have seen all the hatches parked next to each other.32 hatches in a row would make a good pic.

a fly over from a jet fighter,or 2,from the near by fighter base would be sick if u could swing it.

but besides the pa,portaloo thing.u nailed it,and with a saturday drive day next year,it just gets better

#36 _keva_

_keva_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:56 PM

Well worth the drive up from Melbourne , great weather , fantastic cars , and got to meet some other forum members , very inspiring , time to pull the finger out and get the torrie done , hopefully ready for next years fest

#37 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:52 AM

Had a great day and the show was very organised. My only thing to pick at would be the loudness of the DJ on the eastern side of the oval. I was on the other side but over near the speakers it was a bit unbearable I don't know how the people close to it went. Maybe set it up in the middle if its possible?

Thanks HVTC!!!

#38 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:37 AM

Regarding the Autograph Tent there were alot of people who had alot of items getting signed.
I seen one bloke who had 10 cars to be signed and another bloke had around 15 items and i am tipping these things will end up on ebay for big bucks.

Maybe limit the amount of items you can get signed or charge money like Harry does and donate the money to Ronald McDonald House.

Just a thought other then that well done loved it

#39 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

Mick

On behalf of The GTR and XU-1 Owners Club of QLD and also Mr Martin

We would like to Thank "The Hunter Valley Torana Club" and the sponsors for yet another GREAT hassle free week-end.

The BBQ at the Motel on Saturday night was a high light for us, and also to put faces to forum members names was great.

The goodies pack the early entrants received ,as well as the auctions on the day were terrific, how good are those shirts ???

Who do you know Mick that you can turn the weather on and off like you did , we no sooner got back to the motel and down came the rain lol.

Sorry to tell you but we will be back next year...

#40 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

I too felt a bit nervous with people leaning on cars, suggestions of announcements about viewing etiquette was good, also signs posted every 10-20metres may work and I ain't that old but the music was extremely LOUD when in front, may want to check the DB for peoples health.

Edited by TerrA LX, 22 September 2009 - 03:04 PM.

#41 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

Regarding the Autograph Tent there were alot of people who had alot of items getting signed.
I seen one bloke who had 10 cars to be signed and another bloke had around 15 items and i am tipping these things will end up on ebay for big bucks.

Maybe limit the amount of items you can get signed or charge money like Harry does and donate the money to Ronald McDonald House.

Just a thought other then that well done loved it

MAte

I know what you are saying and that will be enforced next year. I will be speaking to a few of the VIP's to get there feelings about it, but I believe that there should be a limit of three or four per person. Any more than that, go to the end of the queue.

cheers
Mick

#42 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

Any Chance you could get Newcastle a few hundred Km's closer to Melbourne? That would be awesome thanks!

#43 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

Mick

On behalf of The GTR and XU-1 Owners Club of QLD and also Mr Martin

We would like to Thank "The Hunter Valley Torana Club" and the sponsors for yet another GREAT hassle free week-end.

The BBQ at the Motel on Saturday night was a high light for us, and also to put faces to forum members names was great.

The goodies pack the early entrants received ,as well as the auctions on the day were terrific, how good are those shirts ???

Who do you know Mick that you can turn the weather on and off like you did , we no sooner got back to the motel and down came the rain lol.

Sorry to tell you but we will be back next year...

Thanks Mate,

The Sat night BBQ was for you guys who travel and I think that it went over pretty well. Todd did a great job as usual and it was pretty relaxed. The motel and I will get together in a couple of week to have a debeif and discuss if we will do something similiar next year..

The weather changed about 4 times in the space of the week, so we were pretty lucky..

I am glad that everyone seemed to like the shirts. It was a big call for us to do something like that, but well worth it in the end.

I am glad that you boys had a great time and look forward to seeing you all again in 2010.

cheers
Mick

#44 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

I too felt a bit nervous with people leaning on cars, suggestions of announcements about viewing etiquette was good, also signs posted every 10-20metres may work and I ain't that old but the music was extremely LOUD when in front, may want to check the DB for peoples health.

Thanks Mate

All of your comments are noted..

I think that when you have a car show anywhere that involves the public, who aren't neccessarily car orientated you are going to get that.
The announcements and sign posts are a good idea and we will look at both, however people only see and hear what they want..

With regards to the music, we will be looking at the best place to position the DJ and at this stage the centre are looks the goods.

cheers
Mick

#45 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

Having a satin paint , we were expecting the worst ,but were pleasantly surprised .our small low fence may have worked , we have nothing but praise for the well behaved crowd .

#46 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

We had 2 drunken fools that we had to move on from the event but all else were very well behaved

#47 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

they wernt the young dickheads running around with a half empty "goon bag were they (silver wine bag)

Morons were getting very close to youngy_11's car at one stage, I wasnt sure if they were with him or what was going on.

#48 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

That was the little tikes, swigin` from a goony bag which he tried to tell us was water but took great offence when we threw it in the bin. :cry:

#49 _scalpa1_

_scalpa1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

On behalf of the victorian torana club a big congratulations must go to the hvtc on a awesome job well done.
As per the thread name a bit of feedback, definately need sum portaloos placed around the oval. I didnt even know that you had a pa going until i read about it so definately i feel you need to either turn it up or turn the music down a bit or use the music guys stuff for the pa system.
In your debrief with the motel can i suggest that not allowing the patrons to bring there own beer to the bbq was a mistake, there was quite a few unhappy people over that as could be seen with the lack of people buying drinks from the beer tent outside.
next year a organised cruise on the saturday would be a good thing even if the proposed hill climb is a goer, a drive round town would be good.
Im already planning how i can get a set of R spec tyres to newcastle for the hillclimb.
cheers tony

#50 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

On behalf of the victorian torana club a big congratulations must go to the hvtc on a awesome job well done.
As per the thread name a bit of feedback, definately need sum portaloos placed around the oval. I didnt even know that you had a pa going until i read about it so definately i feel you need to either turn it up or turn the music down a bit or use the music guys stuff for the pa system.
In your debrief with the motel can i suggest that not allowing the patrons to bring there own beer to the bbq was a mistake, there was quite a few unhappy people over that as could be seen with the lack of people buying drinks from the beer tent outside.
next year a organised cruise on the saturday would be a good thing even if the proposed hill climb is a goer, a drive round town would be good.
Im already planning how i can get a set of R spec tyres to newcastle for the hillclimb.
cheers tony

Thanks Tony

to answer your questions/ suggestions..

portaloos: there were four located where all the cars entered. Note to all.. they will always be there at Toranafest..

PA, etc: I have made submissions to Council to have a power box located in the centre of the main arena. That way we can set up the DJ there and everybody should hear.

The motel: I will speak to them, however it is there call. I am pretty sure that most would agree that the motel (and us with regards to security) did there utmost to make it a comfortable and secure place to stay. I don't think that there are too many events out there that go that extra "mile" to organise overnight security (for Fri, Sat and Sun night), as well as a BBQ with some ledgends of motorsport..

cheers
Mick

What were people thoughts about the "entrants" trophies and the Shirts??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users