New xu1 tanks

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

As has been stated before, this is so that the required information is supplied before the post is made live.

Very soon we will have the Posting Forms reinstated so that this does not need to happen - you can all ensure the correct info is provided before you click post.

As for approval,well I can not understand it.

Not clear enough for ya eh?

Grant..

Maybe this is why certain members are choosing to not come on the forum.
(TO MUCH POLITICS)

#52 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

Maybe this is why certain members are choosing to not come on the forum.
(TO MUCH POLITICS)

there loss.

Their loss.

#53 originalglenn

originalglenn

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

actually its our loss

#54 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:19 PM

On topic, I'll try and get the info about the tanks to post up. �If it means trying to get one for some of us to look at, we'll do that.

As much as I don't want to get into a slanging match -�

Where is the politics? �We haven't started it. �It's due to a couple of factions and users squabbling. �If you have a different view on any issue, that's fine, but we have to accomodate 100's or 1000's of members, and if there is a minority view, we can't just shift everything to take that line when the majority are very happy.

We have rules and requirements, some stricter than other forums, some not so strict, but all expected to be abided by. �It's the members choice to follow them and stay or not to...� Users get let off everyday from breaking them because it's not worth the drama. �And if you have issues with any rules, let us know and we'll discuss it.

This place has been around�alot longer than most of the users, and the majority of issues are from those who haven't been here for the long haul. �We have developed this place over more than 10yrs and at least 5-6 incarnations, and it has slowly evolved to one of the best set out forums anywhere. �We added the posting forms to the Swap to help you the members get the most out of the Swapmeet. �As we've had to modify them for the new forum chassis, we took to manually making sure the posts are correct. �For the users, due to many many requests and issues.

If it's too hard to understand ask another question and we'll answer it. �And hopefully we can clarify any issues. �PM is best, but preferably not in this thread.

If you don't appreciate the work we do, well that doesn't worry me, this place is here for all enthusiasts (even those without Toranas :P ) and that won't change.

Agreed, it is a loss when some members leave, but it's their choice and we support that. �But it is also a loss to them, and this is evident in the number of users who do return later (and some even come back more willing to be a part of this little village than before - Hi Pat :D ) �Other times, well, it is no loss for us, and in some cases of benefit to the forum and the membership as a whole. �That's just the way it is.

This forum will continue, and will always be about the members and what is best for them as a whole, not for any particular user or group. �We will always welcome anyone with open arms, but at the end of the day, either you play nice and respect others here, or you don't........... �Everyone has a number of chances to learn the rules, and all have the opportunity to ask questions as they see fit.

There have been a number of rumblings over the past few months. �There have been a few complaints, which have been acted upon. �The majority of grumblers don't seem to see the value in telling US what their issue is, preferring to talk amongst other users. �That's fine, but don't expect us to fix petty issues when no-one has the guts to bring them up - we don't bite, and I'm sure all those who we've helped are happy that we are here for them.

Enough. �Any further off topic issues will be removed. �Please PM the Admin team to discuss and if need be we'll start a topic for particular issues.

Grant..

#55 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

I have the details, pics and prices from Harrisons if these are the tanks you guys are talking about. Let me know if you want more info.

Cheers,

T

#56 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:33 PM

Have they got gaurds yet?

#57 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

Not sure, I'll be getting in contact with Paul in the New Year so I'll ask him then.

#58 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Sweet.Let us know.

#59 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:19 PM

BTW - there will be a plethora of repro parts coming over the horizon. No further details at this time.

#60 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:38 AM

I have been told that there are 2 different tanks made by 2 different company's,ones has a painted top and the other is galvo don't know how true it is.Has anyone brought the ones selling on ebay??

#61 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:01 AM

Aussie Muscle Car Parts

This mob is on the northside Brisbane.

Grant..

#62 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:13 AM

hi there will be new tanks arriving soon and many other parts, they are not the ones selling on e bay john and myself will be distributing the new parts john from sydney and myself from melbourne
regards aldo

#63 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:55 AM

As I am aware there will also be another distributor in Sydney.

Is that correct Aldo?

There are at least two here in Bris.

Grant..

#64 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:09 AM

yes thats correct

#65 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

sorry i thought u were talking about john i dont know anything about sydney only qld brisbane hes a very good friend who is orginizing all the repo parts
regards aldo

#66 _yldlj_

_yldlj_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:54 AM

guards and complete beaver/tailight panels thats so good.im just wondering if they will be a perfect fit tho. for almost 1g a guard you would want it to be

#67 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

guards and complete beaver/tailight panels thats so good.im just wondering if they will be a perfect fit tho. for almost 1g a guard you would want it to be

From what I have been told all panels have been copyed and molded from new old stock panels so there shouldn't been any differents.Then every cars build is different.
cheers Dane

#68 _yldlj_

_yldlj_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

if thats the case the panels should be a really good fit.every panel when replaced requires a little jiggling around. ill be looking forward to using these panels in my restoration

#69 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:57 PM

if thats the case the panels should be a really good fit.every panel when replaced requires a little jiggling around. ill be looking forward to using these panels in my restoration

Let me know when you have used some,would love to here any feed back for future reference.
cheers Dane

#70 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:41 PM

We might have to see if we can borrow a new tank and someones car to check fitup eh? :D

#71 Burrawout

Burrawout

Forum Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Is John, Bathurst 32D selling the repo parts yet?

#72 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

very soon mate, just waiting until i have all stock, i also will be opening a wrecking yard for lc-lj owner half way throught this year, you will find most hard to get orinal stuff here once i start.

cheers gong

#73 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

very soon mate, just waiting until i have all stock, i also will be opening a wrecking yard for lc-lj owner half way throught this year, you will find most hard to get orinal stuff here once i start.

cheers gong

Wrecking yard in Coffs ?????

#74 _beergut_

_beergut_
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

oh no what will the yuppies think of that?
got conucil approval and done your courses yet?

#75 _XU1-043_

_XU1-043_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

i'm keen to hear about some new front quarters or even some second hand ones if they are in good condition. i'm chasing both sides........ anyone???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users