New xu1 tanks

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 _alex.james_

_alex.james_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

I have been told that there are 2 different tanks made by 2 different company's,ones has a painted top and the other is galvo don't know how true it is.Has anyone brought the ones selling on ebay??

I bought one of the repro XU1 tanks off of ebay & fitted it a couple of weeks ago(into a 4 door SL of all things). Seems pretty good so far.. Certainly seemed to me like a better option than stuffing around with all the old tanks I looked at that are well past their use by date and will likely give you trouble. I just didn't feel like wasting time with another leaking 2nd hand tank. Guess it depends on whether you feel like forking out the $$$ because they ain't cheap but are OK quality.

#77 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:54 AM

did you pay the 850 plus postage, well if so you just give away a couple of hundred$$$, at the end of this month i should have these out there for around 650 to 700 in your cars.

cheers gong

#78 _alex.james_

_alex.james_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

did you pay the 850 plus postage, well if so you just give away a couple of hundred$$$, at the end of this month i should have these out there for around 650 to 700 in your cars.

cheers gong

It was $850 + postage but I had a 10% off code from Paypal which convinced me to buy as it got the total price delivered down to $796.50. I had read your post about getting cheaper tanks but then I saw all this stuff about how you had a falling out with someone on the site & were annoyed so I didn't think you would be back selling them! Also I needed it urgent as my old tank had developed such a bad leak that the car was undriveable without constant white knuckle fear of an explosion coming from the boot & I needed it to use as a daily again for the moment.

#79 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

to easy mate, no need to exsplain.

cheers gong

#80 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

John, any idea on what the replacement guards are going to be worth....rgds Wayne

#81 _rallystripes_

_rallystripes_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

What about these LC GTR steering wheels?

Will you be doing them as well?

Cheers.

#82 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

the s/w are in progress as we speak.
wayne the new guards will be around the 900 mark, but if your mate is intrested i have a set of original lj xu1 guards here need a little work but he can buy them for 1200 the pair.

cheers gong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users