Fastest Holden 6 Powered Sedan

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#126 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

All the usual secret stuff :ph34r:under the bonnet, carbs, fuel, trans & driveline etc.

Attached Files

#127 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

A Couple Pics Hope they work..

202 red block, 202 red 9 port head done by performance techniques in adelaide, aunger mechanical methanol injection, ice ignition system, 5300 convertor shop convertor, full manual trimatic built by bruce cussans in adelaide, shorten hilux diff.. Thats about it mate, just fine tuning.

All the usual secret stuff :ph34r:under the bonnet, carbs, fuel, trans & driveline etc.

Attached Files

#128 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Attached Files

#129 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

Attached Files

#130 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

How do you get the balls out of the trumpets? :huh:
Swap the plug leads around? :dontknow:

Looks like it's "one with the lot" :spoton:

#131 _coupe202_

_coupe202_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Just a question about these cars that have been mentioned are they street registered cars.

#132 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

That's the sot of stuff :spoton: . She looks good under the bonnet. How do you find the ICE ignition, OK?

Edited by warrenm, 07 October 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#133 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

That's the sot of stuff :spoton: . She looks good under the bonnet. How do you find the ICE ignition, OK?

Haha, the balls are only foam so they come out easy. The HB was rego'd but ive never driven it on the road due to having another street car.. The ice ignition and booster runs alot of timing but it works a treat, heaps better the msd or twin point mallery which had been used in previous engines.

#134 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Two thumbs up.

Love the injection,what kind of pump is that?

#135 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

I remember seeing Rob and his orange "STOCK 6" LC Coupe racing years ago at AIR.Was super super quick,and I was surprised to know that he used a standard points dizzy(appeared stock to me anyway!)....used to love watching his car carry the wheels up for about 15 odd feet!!...The crazy duels he used to have with the late Dave Adams in his "Motorshop" TC Cortina 250ci Cortina was always the highlight of my trip to the drags in Adelaide.I can personally vouch for this car,as I have seen it in the flesh racing...and I have to say its an absolute bullett......Glad to hear you still have your car Rob,now all we need here is a friggin dragstrip!

#136 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Bring em to the 6 Banger Nationals next year in September.

Absolutely no excuses for not turning up..

Non compliance will result in general harassment and name calling.(i.e. you skirt wearing,purse swinging nancyboy,WHERE WERE YOU!!!!)

You have been warned,so BOOK YOUR HOLIDAYS TODAY!!!!

Make it the highlight of your year.

You will not be disappointed.

#137 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

I'm with you Craig :spoton:

#138 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

I remember seeing Rob and his orange "STOCK 6" LC Coupe racing years ago at AIR.Was super super quick,and I was surprised to know that he used a standard points dizzy(appeared stock to me anyway!)....used to love watching his car carry the wheels up for about 15 odd feet!!...The crazy duels he used to have with the late Dave Adams in his "Motorshop" TC Cortina 250ci Cortina was always the highlight of my trip to the drags in Adelaide.I can personally vouch for this car,as I have seen it in the flesh racing...and I have to say its an absolute bullett......Glad to hear you still have your car Rob,now all we need here is a friggin dragstrip!

Dont get me wrong, im not saying that there is anything wrong with msd or mallery, because i have used twin point mallery before in streeters. But due to doing alot of time and research with my 202 i decided to use ice because of his rep and i have found it to be awesome and havnt had a problem with it.. And i am mates with the guy that has Dave Adams cortina now, he's only a few blocks away from me, car is abit different now!!!!

I dont know why so many people are 1 way minded about the dragstrip thing. Down here at the riverland there is a motorsport club that has one of the best facilities lined up i have seen for a drag strip and have had the go ahead from the council. They have guys waiting to do the earth works and full concrete strip but the group of people that own the facilities (riverland field day committe) are a bunch of blockie wankers that think it is going to be bad for our area.. The club has already said that if it doesnt get the go ahead in the next 6months they are going to go over the border and give all the funding to Mildura's Sunset strip to make that bigger and better. I just dont know why all the other guys in SA or in adelaide for that matter dont help out the club down here to get the best track in Australia going down here, my old man and his mates travelled to AIR for years and years so why is it such a bad thing if they have to drive a couple hours up here, just my opinion..

#139 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

">My link.......Rob and his Torana in action at the 4,6 and Rotor Nats in roughly 1999???...... http://

Edited by stretchlc, 10 October 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#140 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

^^^^^linky no worky^^^^^

#141 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

Try this link to your browser or click on it:

#142 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hopefully this works!!!......and hopefully Rob doesnt mind me ripping this from youtube and displaying it here!!

#143 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hopefully this works!!!......and hopefully Rob doesnt mind me ripping this from youtube and displaying it here!!

Nitros makes a big difference hey..?

#144 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

off the bottle I think this was still pulling mid to low 11's

#145 hip6

hip6

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

that footage was feb '95 using gas for the launch only, it'll run 10.50 - 10-80 that way. my N/A times were posted a couple of pages ago. the N/A 9 port went 11.55 @ 101mph hard on the brakes in the semi finals of nostalgia drags late nov '95. freakin broke out big time with a 11.70 dial in.

#146 hip6

hip6

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

that footage was feb '95 using gas for the launch only, it'll run 10.50 - 10-80 that way. my N/A times were posted a couple of pages ago. the N/A 9 port went 11.55 @ 101mph hard on the brakes in the semi finals of nostalgia drags late nov '95. freakin broke out big time with a 11.70 dial in.

i'm losing it. footage was feb '05.

that was a std. single point dissy just recurved,i was using it for years, always ran clean to 8000rpm if required,there's a reason why those plates are on the car.
trying to see how far std. parts can be pushed is the challenge.
no offence to anyone but its a lot easier to get results with expensive,custom parts.

#147 hip6

hip6

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

oh crap, the nostalgias were late nov '05 as well,
brains are turning to mush without any racing

#148 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Must be the lack of giggle gas Rob!...hahahahahha

#149 hip6

hip6

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

i reckon you're right, never gone this long without local racing.

now we know what the sydneysiders went through after castlereagh shut down.

#150 _vinceHB_

_vinceHB_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

i reckon you're right, never gone this long without local racing.

now we know what the sydneysiders went through after castlereagh shut down.

Just thought id let you other drag racers know that the local council has approved a drag strip for the riverland in Monash South Australia. Only took 7 years! Work will begin at the start of 2011.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users