Any panel/paint Expert wanna be my MSN mentor?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:33 AM

Any thing you can feel will show up like dogs balls. Putty it over a larger area, guide coat it. You can get 250 grade paper for a large speed file, give it a go with that. I had a very tiny wave in a panel and had to putty, undercoat and file it 3 times before it was impossible to see with water on it! Some panels just test you.

#102 _beergut_

_beergut_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Ahhk, yea basecoat, I had mixed it 1:1 but used normal thinner which was 20-30'c ill wait for a cooler day next time.

And yea I was hoping to have it ready for motorvation.... but obviously didnt make it...

paint when the humiditys at its lowest too

#103 _V6 UC_

_V6 UC_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

how did this turn out?? did you get it sprayed in the end? just read all the way thru, some very good advice, im in the same boat now with doing a first time backyard paintjob and this thread has given me alot of information, thanks

#104 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

sure did...

http://www.gmh-toran...ic=24166&st=100

Took alot longer then I first expected (didnt help that I had to go back to work and was only home on sundays) but with alot of help from my mate and the use of his booth we got it sorted... Its just about to go back on the road actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users