Blow Thru turbo 202

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#26 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Heath
Why do you have a copy of my 2 girdles in the background of your girdle sitting on the engine?
Brett

#27 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Sorry Heath. I read this thred in a hurry after seeing my girdles promoting someone elses product. HAYDEN why are you using my images behind your girdle?????
Brett

#28 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

mate i had a pic of all the girdles anybody had made for these engines i guess yours is at the bottom no real reason ....... why?

i wouldnt say im promoting your girdles i guess if they were what we were looking for we would have brought one. :surrenderwave:

#29 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

Lol your girdles promoting someone elses product...

Look Brett i was around at Haydens place recently scoping all this stuff out, the two picks of yours are pinned up with countless other ones to get a basic fix on whats required, was just pot luck yours were down the bottom.

I cant see how it could be called "my girdles promoting someone elses product" at all, Hayden is making this girdle for personal use, not to market. What is there to promote??? Plus one look at the picks and one look at the template will tell anyone with half a brain there totally different.

Chill out man.

Peace.

Cheers.

#30 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

mate i had a pic of all the girdles anybody had made for these engines i guess yours is at the bottom no real reason ....... why?

i wouldnt say im promoting your girdles i guess if they were what we were looking for we would have brought one. Posted Image

white flag noted. Every time I get on this forum someone is slagging off my gear. No one on this Forum will buy my gear beacause I'm not in the "In crowd". Frankly I didn't design it to sell, I didn't like what was on offer so I deisnged my own with the help of an Automotive Engineer and a Metallurgist. I was asked to sell the spare I made for myself and encouraged to make more and help fellow Holden 6 lovers.

Just a not on what people are looking for. I was approched last year to re-design the girdle for a current USA record holding Altered and Camaro. My girdle has replaced their boxy design of more that 30 years with my profiled design girdle. My gear can't be that bad. Good luck with sales if you decide to offer them to fellow members.
regards
Brett

#31 GTR600

GTR600

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Name:Brock
  • Car:72 LJ GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Nice work,

I love the horse power but all that work with the piping and turbo.

Looks like some nice work and i do piping for a living but not sure about cutting a hole in the tory but we do things for a reason i suppose.

sonic can you send me some info on you manifold for efi and your girdles i would be interested for sure,

to buy that isPosted Image

#32 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for all the pic requests of my new intake. I should have it back from the pattern maker this week. I'll send some pics once I get it back. To all those who requested or will request photos I've got you all in a folder to send pics first up. The manifold should be tested and in production by the end of April at the latest.
regards
Brett

#33 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

Yeah WHAT EVA :spit: :thebird:

have removed most other pics in this incase i offend anyone else hehe.

Edited by Drag lc, 24 February 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#34 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

Lol, did pete get contacted by Garret asking why he has a pick of one of there turbo's up on Torana forums???

Using THERE turbo to advertise the plumbing he made for his car??

Love the way old mate comes on yells and screams about this that and the other, makes you remove picks, then tries selling shit in your thread.....

And he wonders why most of us dont like him???

Lets see, randomly joined the forums, Drove away one of the nicest, most knowlegable, true gentlemen of this site with bullshit, with obviously no inclination towards this forum or anything Toranas bar the fact that he wants to sell a thing or two, and continues to not participate at all untill he wants to act like a 2yo in someones project thread.

Little wonder its only the newbies who havnt been around to see all this actually bother to enquire.

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 24 February 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#35 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

No Not yet carnt be far away ,
but inlue of what has unfolded here in the past few days i think it is best for all involved to remove them just in case Garret and or Jake get the idea some one is promoting someone elses parts by some halfbaked pic.

#36 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

I'm here.
Granted I've not been a happy participant in this forum. My first encounter with the gent you mention was simply to advise he should show more class when speaking about peoples products he has not tested (they wer not mine either by the way).

I have advised the administrators I don't like advertising my gear on such a forum. I have media that takes care of that for me. But from a passion for Holden 6's perspective I want to tell as many people as I can. From a business position I don't think Public Forums are the place for self promotions of businesses.

Although the ramifications would have been somewhat ugly I would have been happier if the girdle in question was a copy of mine.

Just to show I can provide quality advise and help forum members take note of the following.
1. The 45deg corners have to go. Sharp corners provide starting points for cracks. Every change in direction MUST have at least 10mm radius. The CAD designer who drew it up looked for the easy option and charged you for quality (unless it was a freebe done by a mate).
2. I couldn't see any provision to allow clearance for the pickup Tube
3. The straight adges may make it hard to install the dip stick
4. the straight edges add weight while providing zero extra strength.
So there you have it. There are more things that go into a product than you first think. I know because my very first girdle went in the bin because of athe last 3 of the above.

As for the manifold in the pics it looks like a speeco firestreak. They were water cooled so it would have plenty of room to machine out and make a plenum that the 4 barrel adaptor was welded to even without a mill. Just take plenty of time.
Lets leave the politics and S$%t slinging to those in Canberra he Posted Image

#37 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Bit late to change your tune now,

why would u need clearance for pick up tube???? oh u think this is for a stocker .

same goes for dipstick.

Price is right dont worry about that

Luckly the owner of the engine in this thread picked up on the radius issue as the water cutters have been given a revised drawing earlier this week.hence why the one in the offending pic was only cut from sheet.

#38 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

The oil pick up runs close to the cap. I didn't see any provision for it. If it's going in an LC they can be a bit tricky to fit. The application of the part to the engine requirements is irelovant. If your going to do something (even a 1 of) try and thing of everything. Install everything that may get in the way. The fact that you did the prototype from sheet was a good move. I actually now have all my prototypes cut from wood first (cost isn't that much cheaper though).

All the best with what looks like a serious engine.

It's not about changing tune, its about trying to help fellow lovers of the Holden 6 which is why I joined in the first place.
cheers
Brett

#39 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

I have a firestreak manifold .

If a pic is required,just ask.

#40 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

LOL, after reading this thread, i found myself looking in the background of the only pic you have left for us to look at, and....... is that a Portapottie box i can see ? (he-he) :bowdown:

Jokes aside,this looked like it could be a great thread, i also understand Copyright can be serious business these days, do you think you could you edit the pic's or take new ones that can be posted for us to see, this is a interesting project but would be great with more pictures.

MT

#41 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

portapottie is currently getting grafted under the seat mate.

#42 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

Better not run slicks at the drags then, the car may wheel-stand and......Uuurrrgghhhhh !

Ha-ha !

MT

#43 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

Hahahahaha.

May need some kinda one way valve???

#44 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

picture the splashback as pete lets the t/brake go at strip???....uuuk

MT i will be updating with progress pics as this comes together hopfully i should get the new girdle tommorow or friday and then its all off to the machine shop and stuff.

the manly valves have finaly been ordered they are around 600 aussie and will be a few weeks so there has been progres.

Cheers Hayden

#45 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

Heres some pics whether you want them or not.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

Pretty certain that mani is fairly different...

Hehehe splashback. Interior is brown anyway :tease:

Edited by Bomber Watson, 24 February 2010 - 09:32 PM.

#47 _sonic_injection_

_sonic_injection_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

picture the splashback as pete lets the t/brake go at strip???....uuuk

MT i will be updating with progress pics as this comes together hopfully i should get the new girdle tommorow or friday and then its all off to the machine shop and stuff.

the manly valves have finaly been ordered they are around 600 aussie and will be a few weeks so there has been progres.

Cheers Hayden

If your getting the manleys made custom from the USA don't hold your breath. Mine took 15 weeks.
Do you have an indication at what rev the turbo will be at full spool?

#48 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

I agree.Take your pick of one of these.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

Am I the only one who thinks they all sit the wrong way? Even the four barrels.

#50 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Yeah look im not entirely sure what it is either, i know its not either of the bottom two, i doubt its the second one from the top, the first one.....i still dont think so but its close.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users