63 replies to this topic

#1 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

Ladies and Gents

TORANAFEST 2006
17th September 2006

The Hunter Valley Torana Club is once again, proud to announce, the annual gathering of Torana's to Newcastle.

As we try to improve the show every year, this year's show promises to be bigger and better than in prevoius years. I am pleased to be able to let you know that Toranafest 2006 will again be one of the premier Car Shows in the Hunter!!

This year, the Hunter Valley Torana Club, it will donating the proceeds of Toranafest to Ronald McDonald House in the Hunter. This is the beginning of a two year sponsorship deal with RMH where the club sponsors a room for a minimum of two years. The club is very excited to be in association with RMH and look forward to raising funds for this whorthwile charity.

At this stage I can tell you the following;
Entry fee is $30.00 for Pre entry (the first price rise in five years!!), and $35.00 for "on the day" entries.
The venue for this year has changed slightly with us moving up the road a little further. It is still along Wharf Rd, but entry is through the top carpark for those that were there last year. The main show area is on the grass which means that ALL Entrants will be on the grass!!

We will still be presenting some 28 trophies as usual in the "Show" and "daily driver" category, as well as the "competition" category. We are looking at the possibility of some "highest horsepower" awards as well.... ???? More on that as we get closer..

As the club and I get more info, I will pass it on to all.. and with a little bit of luck, the ol' SS might be finished by then...

cheers
Mick

PS.. can someone make this a sticky, please!!
also, once we finalise entry forms, etc they will be posted here..

Edited by sstorana, 14 April 2006 - 09:01 PM.

#2 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

hmmm

looks very tempting mick

i might just have to book this one in

cheers

mick

#3 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:29 PM

I might be interested in this one maybe. I can't commit at this stage, cause i don't know what my finances will be like.

Steve

#4 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

sounds like a great event and more importantly for a good cause. unfortunately it's one month before my 18th :furious: so i wont be able to drive up, but i'll be happy to have my brother drive up for me :spoton:
just a quick question: how long has this event been going for?

#5 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:25 PM

I leave that week for 2 weeks in France and 1 week in US with work, dont think I will get there this year, pity as its a great show and always enjoyable.

#6 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

Hi Guys

YiriSS
Mate, It would be great for you to come up!! You know you're always welcome!!

Lexa
Toranafest has been happening here in Newcastle for 13 years now!!

Litre8
Pity you won't be there this year, Howard. You're car is always a great crowd puller..

To all others,

hopefully this will work.... I have posted copies of the poster, map and entry form for everybody.

cheers
Mick
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:55 PM

Howard,
I'd be happy to pop down and take the car up for you. :D

Mick,
any chance of making the poster and entry smaller, with links to full size printables?
Smaller poster means I can put it in the news.....

Grant..

#8 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:30 PM

I'll be there for sure. A great event with great cars. Keep up the good work Mick and the Hunter Valley Torana Club. Regards Mick V. :D

#9 _70rey_

_70rey_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:28 PM

this would be awsome to go to but as i live in qld it aint going to happen.

does anyone know if there is anything like this in qld?

#10 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

If all goes well, i will be there!

lxsstorana - I know a guy that works with you.

#11 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

has anyone got any Idea how long it (drive) is from Melbourne ? or if there is an easy way of getting there from the airport

#12 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

took us 9 hours to sydney (starting at Taylors Lakes)
and one hour and a half from sydney to newcastle

its easy to find in newcastle as well

cheers
mick

#13 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:31 PM

^ That sounds about right. Ask Steve (White 73 LJ), he left at something like 11:00pm the night before and made it for the start. Did you travel with him that year Yirri, or did you guys make your own way in more modern transport?

My money/fuel is going on the Muscle Car Masters this year. Sorry guys. Is next year your 10th? Will make an effort for that if it is.

I still gotta do that drive up Fort Scratchley.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 13 May 2006 - 10:33 PM.

#14 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

cmon pat , you have to make it , i need more shots of the yella beast

i came up on the friday with my kids and the "then" wife.

#15 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 01:02 PM

Pat I headed up on Friday but stopped just south of Benalla at an uncle and aunts place for the nite. Then i drove Benalla to Wodonga for lunch, and then drove straight through from Wodonga (left about mid day) to Newcastle and get there about 10PM.

I am keen on heading up this year if i have the cash seeing as if gas stays where it is it won't cost me a lot to drive up there, but it depends if i can get the monday off, assumeing i still have a job :blink:

Steve

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:43 AM

Will see what I can do? If I can stay off the smokes, might replace smokes with fuel (much better for you). I'm alot more positive about the car now after finding a fairly long term gremlin today (2 years or so), so you never, never know. Seems like 3 or 4 possible problems were all symptoms of the one gremlin (crosses fingers). I'm a happy boy all the same.

Just an idea, are any of the Hunter dudes willing to billet scruffy Torrie drivers for one night, even tent in the backyard would be good. Will greatly help offset the drain that fuel will have on the back pocket, and boost numbers. Just an idea, although I will prolly stay where we did last year.

Just don't ring me to come stir up the Rice at 10:30pm this time Yirri!!! Being an ugly bastard, I need my beauty sleep.

You might have to forgive the nose cone, unless I get a chance to paint before then (winter and minus temps not good!). Nosecone has a sorta getting towards sandblasted look ATM.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 15 May 2006 - 12:51 AM.

#17 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:16 PM

Hi all, im thinking of going down there for the show this year, ill ask Michelle Castle this weekend if she is going down for the show.
If she says yes ill tell you guys and girls so you know to look out for her Hatch! :rockon:

Jason

#18 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

Seems like 3 or 4 possible problems were all symptoms of the one gremlin (crosses fingers). I'm a happy boy all the same.

Just don't ring me to come stir up the Rice at 10:30pm this time Yirri!!! Being an ugly bastard, I need my beauty sleep.

You might have to forgive the nose cone, unless I get a chance to paint before then (winter and minus temps not good!). Nosecone has a sorta getting towards sandblasted look ATM.

i got my fingers crossed for you mate, i hope its sorted.

as for ringing you at 10.30 pm , i blame darren and andrew and alcohol :clap: :spoton:

wouldnt worry about the sandblasting on the nosecone, my hatch is the same, just shows that you actually drive it,

be good to catch up again

cheers
mick

#19 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:21 AM

as for ringing you at 10.30 pm , i blame darren and andrew and alcohol  :clap:  :spoton:

yeah Mick's right, that was Andrew and myself..and a bit of alcohol.

#20 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

a bit darren ? lol

thats why i left newcastle late and got into sydney pretty late and got lost lol

it was a top trip .

looking forward to this years one,

you and andrew going up this time darren?

#21 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:49 AM

Mick, still not sure yet. it was a great day last time, well worth the trip all those toranas to look at, topped off by great weather and venue.

Andrew has mentioned it but he will be a brand new dad by then, so it might change his plans.
i would still like to go and i will make a decision closer to the date.

Edited by RTS Guy, 18 May 2006 - 10:51 AM.

#22 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:13 AM

I'll be there with bells on! Last year was my first time and my first ever car show as an entrant, great day, great people and great venue. make sure you take your jackets tho cus if the wind comes up on the foreshore it gets chilly. I thinkone of the best things was sitting watchin all the ricers go by trying to get attention... but being outdone by the stacks of torys! lets just all hope that i can get a "first place" in the 4 door LJ daily driver class rather then "runner up" lol, nahh i was stoked anyways.
im gunna have to make a new row of writing on my sign so everyone knows who i am "a.k.a- orangeLJ on GMH-torana" LOL
Cheers Chris. :rockon:

#23 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

For everyone that is interested in travelling to Toranafest06 -
I have organised an accomodation deal with Quest Apartments Newcastle.
These deals donot include any meals but each apartment has it's own kitchen for cooking up.
Two bedroom units have two bathrooms, so will easily accomodate two couples.
Get together with other members and fill a room. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Grant,

Thank you for enquiring with Quest Apartments Newcastle regarding the above mentioned event.

Quest Apartments Newcastle is a 4.5 Star Hotel offering 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Our apartments feature fully equipped kitchen and laundry as well as separate lounge and dining areas allowing guests to relax in comfort and privacy. All guests can access the onsite indoor swimming pool and spa. Quest also offers complimentary car parking.

Event Rates for GMH Torana

1 Bedroom Apartment $160 per night � usually $240 per night
2 Bedroom Apartment $199 per night � usually $295 per night
3 Bedroom Apartment $245 per night � usually $350 per night

Please advise guests that when phoning Quest Apartments Newcastle to quote �GMH Torana�.

Located in the heart of the city, Quest Newcastle is a short distance from surf and swimming beaches, entertainment, restaurants and an easy drive from Sydney.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me by return e-mail or call 02-4928 8000. Please visit our website on www.questnewcastle.com.au.

Warm regards,
Brooke Phillips

Sales, Marketing and Groups Co-ordinator
Quest Apartments Newcastle
PH: 4928 8000
FAX: 4927 8441

#24 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:38 AM

Grant we stayed there for toranafest 2003.

we didnt take toranas and it was a great place to stay.

the only problem is if you are taking a torana, i wouldnt stay there, you cant keep a good enough eye on your car. it has automated gates that the all hotel users all have a remote for. the cars are parked in an open car park on the ground floor while you could be 6 floors up in your room.

maybe something to think about.

#25 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hi All

just a reminder that the $30 Entry Fee for Toranafest expires in a months time. After the 2 Sept it will cost you $35.00

cheers
Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users