Photo

Harry's Cafe at Liverpool

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

Did you see the mirror on the old green thing Frash ?

#52 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

Geez, must have been puffing out the old tum tum in that shot TBM! whooops

Just shows the diet isnt working....

Was a good night, albeit a late one.

got home at like 1am, car fouled the plugs on the way out of harry's

pulled them at Petes house and gave em a quick wire brush up.

They fouled up again on the main road, was coming to a set of lights so went back to second to avoid pulling up and idling, light went green, I gave it a bit to see if I could get it to clear out.....

was going 80-90km/h in a 70 zone and karlie suddenly yells "cop cop cop cop"

He was sitting at the lights on my left waiting to turn and head the way we had just came from.

I whacked the anchors on (im dead tired at this stage) and the front right locked up enough to make a chirp and wobble the car around....

Snr copper was great, young bloke he had with him was a tool bag.

Lucky for me they were general duties guys, let me off with an official warning after I explained the situation, I think they felt sorry for me when it would fire up again!

so $90 in fuel and an official warning for dangerous driving (and a horrible picture from TBM!).... not a bad effort

Pete was an awesome navigator, got there with no dramas.

I think Ethan and Adrian had an alright night, it did get a bit boring later on in the night, not something im planning to do every month, but maybe once or twice a year.

#53 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

I gave the granson a camera ,you never know what your going to get . My fouling plugs are a thing of the past with my new needles , I have a set of SU's which were allways ran great ,if you want I'll check the needle size for you .

#54 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

Thanks anyway TBM, but Im running webers now :)

I just need to sort out ordering new jets from the UK, then its off for a dyno tune.

plugs are totally #@$^%&, completely black.

Little wonder its using so much fuel!

#55 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hi TBM,

Yes i did see the mirror,on that old 40's ford.

Cheers.

#56 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hi TBM,

Yes i did see the mirror,on that old 40's ford.

Cheers.

hi one and all i don,t know about you guys i had a great night met a couple of you guys who were floating about good to see alot of cars out and about on a saturday night cheers to all p.s. young 11 i hung around like a bad smell but i couldn,t spot ya young 11 cheers ,welldone on the photos tbm

#57 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

Great pics guys and seems like a great turnout, any dramas with the local coppers during the night ?

#58 _ass308_

_ass308_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

i know its not harrys,but the cops turned up to the muscle car cruise.parked in the same car park as us,walked around,checked the cars out.then they played with the traffic lights to let us out,of parklea markets,about

30 cars at a time.there was a hwy patrol on the road 500m into the cruise.no cops after that,no one hassled,we had a blast.

then we went to harrys,not one cop,drove to where i was staying,no cops :)

#59 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Gday Chris,
What time did you get to Harrys? I stayed till about 11:30 and never saw ya, unless you snuck in lol.

Mitch

#60 _ass308_

_ass308_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

hi mitch

im not sure what time i got there.i followed a silver lx in with slrl32 plates on it.i didnt know where i was going,so i followed him in.turned out he knew the ford gt boys.just happened to be 2 spots vacant in the middle of

them.so there i parked.it was pretty funny.a hatch and a 4 door torana,surrounded by gt fords.turned out we went to wrong spot as the muscle car cruise was supposed to go out,the back.

we did the once around walk,and left.i dont like leaving my car alone for 2 long.i did see your car,but u were not near it.i did see orangelj though.

#61 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

ahk fair enough that makes sense then. I was hanging out around down the bottom chatting with Wayne (2ELCS) for a while so that was probably when you did the rounds.

Actually I was having a chat to Keith yesterday about the ford guys taking over the entrance area, and we were thinking it would be a good idea to organise a date when we could get a few forumers out and show them what real cars look like :tease:

#62 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

It would be good to take their spots , but you would need to get there about five o'clock .

#63 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:23 AM

Top photos, thanks.

#64 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

hi one and all i don,t know about you guys i had a great night met a couple of you guys who were floating about good to see alot of cars out and about on a saturday night cheers to all p.s. young 11 i hung around like a bad smell but i couldn,t spot ya young 11 cheers ,welldone on the photos tbm

Hi Will,

Yeah sorry about that I wasn't right near my car for most of the night.

I was the same looking for Orange LJ, I went to his car 4 times but he was somewhere else, maybe next time :).

I did have a good look for your car Chris(ass308) but I couldn't find it, you must have arrived after I left at 10pm.

Yeah it would be good to organise for a shit load of us to get there earlie and get the good spots maybe in a couple of months time.

#65 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

The GT blokes were tossers (thats predictable!)

When we first drove in, one of them told us the carpark was full and we would have to go park down the back, so we idled over all the bloody speedhumps to the back carpark passing like 20 open spots on the top level....wtf?

When we got down there I was ready to turn around and go home, I wasnt going to leave my car in the boonies on its own at the back of a livo shopping centre!

So I asked a young bloke in a yellow vest how we were meant to get up to the top section, he told us to drive back up the top and turn left, so we did and another nicer member of the GT club moved the barriers while the others were busy telling people the same thing they originally told me.

Gave me the shits, but atleast we were in a parked just in time, there were only about 5 spots left after that and they were gone in a flash!

I did the rounds looking for people too! haha, Sorry I missed you Ryan! will have to stay put next time!

#66 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:58 AM

The markets are normally not open ,and there are a lot less people ,and hassle .

#67 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

No worries Chris(LJ) what time did you's get there?

#68 _SNAPT_

_SNAPT_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

The GT blokes were tossers (thats predictable!)

When we first drove in, one of them told us the carpark was full and we would have to go park down the back, so we idled over all the bloody speedhumps to the back carpark passing like 20 open spots on the top level....wtf?

When we got down there I was ready to turn around and go home, I wasnt going to leave my car in the boonies on its own at the back of a livo shopping centre!

So I asked a young bloke in a yellow vest how we were meant to get up to the top section, he told us to drive back up the top and turn left, so we did and another nicer member of the GT club moved the barriers while the others were busy telling people the same thing they originally told me.

Gave me the shits, but atleast we were in a parked just in time, there were only about 5 spots left after that and they were gone in a flash!

I did the rounds looking for people too! haha, Sorry I missed you Ryan! will have to stay put next time!

Dont worry about the ford guys they feel special cause they are at the front of the parking lot, i have had to park in some bad spots in the past and no one worries to much, if you want to do it make your own night during the month, i am there most saturday nights in my car or another one and it is always a good night.

#69 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Nice wheels Keith lol about time you fitted the 4 up would like a side on shot one day to see the dish on the rears.

All in all some very nice cars there, must be a good place to go.

Cheers
Al.

#70 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:53 AM

No worries Chris(LJ) what time did you's get there?

We rocked up at about 6.30ish I think (wasnt really keeping track of time)

we left resonably late, half the carpark had cleared out and we decided it was time to head off.

No trouble with the cops around livo, I got pulled up just north of toongabbie, so completely unrelated to the event!

#71 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

Looks like an awesome night. I was out of town but hopefully I don't miss the next one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users