Photo

My new 5 Litre VT Calais Daily

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 _nzstato_

_nzstato_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

Hmm, surrounded by black lines on the pavement, looks suspicious....

#77 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Lol I'm a fan of grange rims also..first put em' on my lc then painted em' black & fitted to my white vy ss ute.
I'd like to get another set or 2 just for spares before stocks run out...grr money.

Looks good on your car.

Edited by gtrboyy, 21 October 2010 - 08:12 AM.

#78 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

Looks good mate. Nice photos as always. What are you standing on to get the 'semi-ariel' views?

#79 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hmm, surrounded by black lines on the pavement, looks suspicious....

If only it had the power to rip a skid! HAHA! Damn Tire 5 litres on gas! HAHA

Lol I'm a fan of grange rims also..first put em' on my lc then painted em' black & fitted to my white vy ss ute.
I'd like to get another set or 2 just for spares before stocks run out...grr money.

Looks good on your car.

Yeh, I love the Grange wheels too... I'm pretty fussy when it comes to wheels... Can't be too popular, can't be too wanky, and have to look good! HAHA!

Looks good mate. Nice photos as always. What are you standing on to get the 'semi-ariel' views?

Thanks mate, just held the camera high in the air and shoot... First few times you get it, you don't get the car central.. But practice makes perfect... Im getting good now and getting it first time! HAHA!

#80 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:28 AM

What crap photos!

No wonder you cant get it in Street Machine! hehehehe :)

I know! Practice will make perfect i guess!

makes me sad that im selling mine, you better get some cutting compound on those headlights there starting to go yellow like every other VT VX commodore

The headlights are already a bit pitted and ordinary looking... Photoshop made them look a lot better! HAHA!

#81 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

very tidy, well done.
Love the black vt/vx, i got a vx berlina in black but the bastard is too hard to keep clean!! the yellowing headlights are a real pain in the ass

#82 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

Dunno how I missed this thread, nice pickup man. The V8 on LPG will be cheap as to run. I plan on heading that way with the next Daily.

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 22 October 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#83 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi there - I have identical car...calais VT, 5.0, black and on gas.

My air-con has failed. mate who knows stuff says aircon compressor seized...certainly made a huge bang when it let go.

Tossing up if to fix....quoted about $1300-$1500 all up.

I was not overly impressed with its 'coldness'...a mazda 121 I hired at the time was far colder.

So - assuming your air con ok...how cold does it get? When on does the compressor outlet pipe ice up a bit? At all?

..... cheers

Matt

#84 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

there is a mob on heatherdale road in ringwood that sells all aircon stuff you might be able to save some bucks through there possibly even rebuild yours seems a lil expensive to me

#85 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:57 PM

My air-con has failed. mate who knows stuff says aircon compressor seized...certainly made a huge bang when it let go.

I was not overly impressed with its 'coldness'...a mazda 121 I hired at the time was far colder.

So - assuming your air con ok...how cold does it get? When on does the compressor outlet pipe ice up a bit? At all?

..... cheers

Matt

Hey Mate,

Yeah, mine does get pretty cold... Enough to cool the car down to a bearable temp.... Not as cold as my GF's VT though, her car is Silver with a new gas system. It is instantly like ice!

She had her Heater core replaced and got a whole new air con for $1000.. The heater core on its own was $600... This is in a V6 Though...

This was at Ferntree Gully Radiators.

#86 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

..... cheers

Matt

Hey Mate,

Yeah, mine does get pretty cold... Enough to cool the car down to a bearable temp.... Not as cold as my GF's VT though, her car is Silver with a new gas system. It is instantly like ice!

She had her Heater core replaced and got a whole new air con for $1000.. The heater core on its own was $600... This is in a V6 Though...

This was at Ferntree Gully Radiators.

Cheers for that.

Interesting a V6 better (ok - sample size of 1 so would need further data)...

Maybe the V8 takes up more under bonnet space so general environment is hotter...so the compressor in not as a 'cool V6' environment?

Maybe the black paint and dark interior just makes the interior just that bit hotter than a silver one?

Do u know if v6 / v8 share same comp?

#87 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, I reckon the Silver/Black thing is the biggest thing.... My old SS Ute was black and the air-con blew cold air but never got the cabin cold (Like other cars of lighter colour can do)

I think my compressor/ gas etc etc is old and probably needs a service when compared to the brand new system in the VT. But its not that much different for me to warrant spending money on, it cools me down enough, fast enough...

I dont run the A/C all that much as its gutless as when on gas and with the A/C on! LOL

#88 _vbvbvb088_

_vbvbvb088_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I reckon the Silver/Black thing is the biggest thing.... My old SS Ute was black and the air-con blew cold air but never got the cabin cold (Like other cars of lighter colour can do)

I think my compressor/ gas etc etc is old and probably needs a service when compared to the brand new system in the VT. But its not that much different for me to warrant spending money on, it cools me down enough, fast enough...

I dont run the A/C all that much as its gutless as when on gas and with the A/C on! LOL

Mine's a jekhyll and hyde.

Some days go's quiet sharply...other days sluggish.

I put it down to temp of day. Runs better in cooler days...and quality of gas in it.

Overall the car is very heavy and v8 ok....cant imagine a hot day v6 gas with 5 on board........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users