I've got a set of VN commodore struts

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 _Sammy_

_Sammy_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:47 PM

yeah i was looking at the car yesterday with it sitting on the ground and the inner mount of the upper control arm is only a little bit higher than the balljoint, so i reckon at most you might get 1 degree from that change and then as far as shims go theres not many in my front end at the moment so its possible to get another degree from there .... be hard to say without doing it though.

i have a spare LH front end in the yard so im thinking i'll throw it up on the bench with the spring and shock removed from it and see how it all goes over the full range of travel .... then i'll drill the holes as per a9x spec or there abouts to see if i can get the upper control arm dead flat at the suspension height my car has and see how much difference it makes.

i've also gotten my hands on some VR calipers which along with dba027 should allow me to put them onto these brackets which means 290mm vented brakes rather than the above pic which is 270mm vented brakes. :rockon:

#27 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

If you remove a total of 1/4" of shims from the front and rear, you should get a 1 degree camber increase without altering castor. Obviously this is a rule of thumb.

#28 _Sammy_

_Sammy_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:57 PM

good to know! ... im thinking i will be able to get half that plus whatever lowering the control arm could yield ... so might be pushing it ....

i think i really need to find some torana drum stubs.

#29 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

As I have previously stated, if somebody wants to part with $154, I get get hold of a set of Torana drum brake stubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users