99 replies to this topic

#51 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

Did anyone bother with the swapmeet this morning?

yeah i just got home not much out there ,was like a bog pit of mud everywhere,but aleast where our club is parking is fine

Edited by brocks72xu1, 31 July 2010 - 12:05 PM.

#52 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Well my friend went there he said on the grounds where the swap meet is very muddy,and no torana parts at all,he found a 72 rocker cover thats needs to be rechromed,but the rest of its just junk,mayby better things tomorrow.

Cheers.

#53 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

I was thinking that,that Sunday could be a better day(more people)for the swap meet and show.

#54 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

My gut feel about eastern creek is that it would be much more expensive than the current location!!
I'm sure that will be a big consideration of the organizers!

Possibly correct Tiny, but maybe not. The Shannon's CMC day that's going to be on at the end of August has 1500 cars and its $10.00 per car, nowhere near the cost of entering the NSW AHD. The recent All Fraud Day was held there so it must be possible and economically viable.

The biggest difficulty would be getting a day that the track is available. Imagine the car show being held amongst a Holden only race day!!

Has to be better than 800 Holden's parked in a field.

Edited by CraigA, 31 July 2010 - 02:14 PM.

#55 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

At $45 plus $5 for a passenger X 800 cars ,money shouldn't be a problem !

#56 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

My gut feel about eastern creek is that it would be much more expensive than the current location!!

mmm, let see..

800 entrants times $45.00 = $36,000..

Location costs can be covered by things like traders and swap meet stall holders and Sponsors. Not to mention that it is for charity.. (Is it done for charity?? Nothing jumped out at me on the flyres that I have here..)

Surely it might be time to look at an alternate venue, if the one they are using is a problem in both wet and dry conditions..

Edited by sstorana, 31 July 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#57 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

It certainly is time to look elsewhere, especially if the event is getting bigger each year. No big deal if its moved a few weeks either side of the present date. Its a shame, sunday will probably turn out nice & sunny yet the field is soaking wet with mud areas !!

#58 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

Bit soggy underfoot but ok was the update late this afternoon.

See some of you out there tomorrow.

#59 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces. :spoton:

#60 _Pink Bits_

_Pink Bits_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

We're set to go, been to Bridgestone today to get a set of Desert Duellers fitted!

#61 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

wow red that looks like fun.its going to be my first year without going too. my wife is having a baby any day now. just to far to come home fast lol. hope you all have a good day.

#62 _TJ308_

_TJ308_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Good luck with the baby mate hope all goes well

#63 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:37 AM

^^^^ Congrats Graham

cheers Keith

#64 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

You'll be able to take the little fella to the Holden day for his birthday every year!

#65 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

mmm, let see..

800 entrants times $45.00 = $36,000..

Location costs can be covered by things like traders and swap meet stall holders and Sponsors. Not to mention that it is for charity.. (Is it done for charity?? Nothing jumped out at me on the flyres that I have here..)

Surely it might be time to look at an alternate venue, if the one they are using is a problem in both wet and dry conditions..

the other thing to all of these events seem to fall right on top of each other its only a matter of time till they conflict.what do we have all ford day all holden day tfest mcm shannons day at the creek all within a short period is it possible to suffer from car show fatigue and the cost to entrants and spectators alike in such a short time space must have an impact on attendance perhaps they could be spaced out a little

Edited by rob350hatch, 01 August 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#66 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

so how was it boys

#67 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

so how was it boys

good turn out of 798 cars weather was great only one d^&khead in black vk commodore decided to do a burn out spraying 6 cars and 6 year old girl in rocks
i think a forum members got damaged its a orchid met lh/lx
guy gave a dummy phone number and did the bolt leaving his side kick behind

#68 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yeah that was my car a total of 7 damaged

#69 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

and people let this guy leave with out broken limbs

#70 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

really felt like kicking his car in,its wankers like him that wreck it for us genuine people

#71 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

I wasn't near my car when this happened, but if i had been with my wife & son & heaven forbid either of them got hit by stones, this guy wouldn't have gotten off so lightly.

#72 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

here are pics of the day

my five year old daughter cleaning my car
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

headbutt parking the car
Posted Image

some cars from today
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

this got the thumbs up by headbutt
Posted Image

ive always loved walkinshaws,so does my son
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

all of these pictures where taken by six year old son except wheres he is given thumbs

Edited by brocks72xu1, 01 August 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#73 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

wow red that looks like fun.its going to be my first year without going too. my wife is having a baby any day now. just to far to come home fast lol. hope you all have a good day.

yeah we are about to pop too went down for three days heaed out friday for look seemed ok, went sat morning for swap girls took one car to shops boys went to swap, was ok, I seen a bit of torana stuff there, actually one stall was all torana, was a bit muddy the old work boots got a work out but nothing bad a bit wet but fine, no rain on saturday so was good

Get how from swap and wife says shes has pain oh shit not today or tommorow babe

As for the day was a great day well planned the entry was good and much safer

as for dik heads doing burnouts why why why why why, where abouts was the car parked and what club was affected, sorry to those who got damaged

All in all great weekend very relaxed three days out in old girls is always fun

Thanks for the updates on weather

GTR

#74 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Called in on the way home from newcastle way and seen some pretty classy cars :spoton: Think i may have turned up just after the knob spraying rocks everywhere, as was mentioned dickheads that ruin it for everyone. Hope not too much damage has been done and Matt if that was your Orchid Torry i was looking over with 2elcs then congrats on owning a very nice car.

Was good to catch up with all the regular guys i run into and definately looking forward to a good weekend at tfest with a great bunch of larakins

Edited by SS Hatchback, 01 August 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#75 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

We got there about 12pm and as above large turnout of great cars.

A real shame that the day was spoilt by the actions of one person, we heard the noise and saw the smoke/stones in the air but didn't know until later that it occured so close to people and cars and the amount of damage that was inflicted.

Matt, I hope he can be tracked down and made to pay for the damage caused to your car.

It was good to catch up with forum members, funny who you bump into in all sorts of places.

There were a few people that I saw, but didn't get a chance to say hello too as by the time I turned around they were lost in the crowd, so if I walked straight past someone without saying hello it was un-intentional.

Edited by BCR42Y, 01 August 2010 - 07:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users