ALERT! STOLEN FROM MONARO NATIONALS

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 _Ironwulf_

_Ironwulf_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:46 AM

Old Skool Muscle Car Club Member Scotty's One Tonne Ute has been stolen on its trailer, along with its Black 95 GQ Patrol tow vehicle.

Trailer is a black skeleton type car trailer, with brand new unpainted aero nosecone

Ute description:
White HJ One Tonner
QLD Rego "OVA600"
Big Block race engine
Pro style Scoop
BIG Hoosier drag race only rear tyres
Roll Cage

There's pics here : http://www.oldskoolm..._vehicle&CID=15

Dont have too many details on the stolen ute other than its a Purple XY, its a Wild Violet GT, NSW REGO BH-88-PI

All vehicles were stolen from the same place and probably by the same mob.

VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN SEEN HEADING SOUTH THROUGH STANTHORPE AT 4AM, which means they are probably headed to Sydney.

Edited by OLX355, 04 September 2010 - 06:47 AM.

#2 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

the bastards shoot em all

#3 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:16 AM

wow thats bad

#4 _inj88u_

_inj88u_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:34 AM

It makes you feel sick.........assholes

#5 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

this isnt the first time this has happened and sadly wont be the last i dont know the circumstances but a timely reminder to all especially with tfest around the corner as these event s now seem to be a smorgasboard for organised crime i dont think it is opportunist one off stuff by amateurs.make sure you check where you are staying ,security arrangements etc if you have any doubts dont go there.if you feel something isnt right about the arrangements where you staying go with your gut instinct.insured so what you get your dough but as you all know these cars take years to build.you cant replace that.

#6 _bones_

_bones_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

I read on another forum that there was also some Monaro's stolen at the event. Has anyone heard any details?

#7 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

Which is why it would be a snow storm in hell before I took any of my cars to these type of events...similiar to Winternats or whatever they are called at Coolangatta..
R

#8 _robslxhatch_

_robslxhatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

I read on another forum that there was also some Monaro's stolen at the event. Has anyone heard any details?

i heard 8 vehicles total all in 1 night

#9 _The Xu1_

_The Xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

Heard from some QLD friends attending the Monaro Nationals that 9 vehicles stolen since yesterday, which includes 2 transporters with car on trailers. Can't get my head around the numbers (9), are the police in Warwick & Qld onto this?.

#10 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:10 PM

is it any wonder .you see internet is a perfect tool for these people.just like predators on facebook when clubs go and display all there movements for all to see and all the cars that will be attending certain events and a timetable of events there is bound to someone saying thanks for coming suckers ill have that car and that one and that one cause we know exactly when and where its going to be .as a member of the nsw monaro club i would have really loved to attend this event but in hindsight glad i didnt.i just cant see why these things occur.was everyone to shitfaced to hear anything? wasnt there any security.?if there was did anyone check their credentials? .if there was security were they in bed with whoever did this? just seems to many loose ends for mine.too late now to worry about cops these cars are long gone and bits already everywhere.ill get in the members area and see what i can find out.very sad.

#11 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

just spoke to one of the comittee members said they took one of the nsw clubs cars but only got it down the road and couldnt get it any further.thankfully didnt burn it .he will ring me back after he speaks to his brother who is there should have an update soon.

#12 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

Here is a picture of the XY taken from a different forum. Nothing but pure scum.

#13 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

yeah just got info only the cars that we already know about plus the nsw club car that only sustained paint damage from the entry point .the thieves apparently disabled a light at the motel .apparently there is no security wtf?nobody bothered to organise any .a national event millions of dollars worth of cars and no security bullshit.cops have asked qld monaro club for a full rundown on what has gone on .the nsw club car owner woke to see his car down the road and started screaming .what happened just beggers belief people were awake at the time and saw activity around this car but didnt intervene becuase they just thought it was the owner working on it.can anyone beleive this like i said wtf?????will update as i get more

Edited by rob350hatch, 04 September 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#14 _Lil J_

_Lil J_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

I have just heard the cars were seen crossing the Gateway Bridge about 6 am ish and quiet possibly taken the Caboolture Exit.... if ANYONE has any info please call the police!!!!!

#15 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:59 PM

is it any wonder .you see internet is a perfect tool for these people.just like predators on facebook when clubs go and display all there movements for all to see and all the cars that will be attending certain events and a timetable of events there is bound to someone saying thanks for coming suckers ill have that car and that one and that one cause we know exactly when and where its going to be .as a member of the nsw monaro club i would have really loved to attend this event but in hindsight glad i didnt.i just cant see why these things occur.was everyone to shitfaced to hear anything? wasnt there any security.?if there was did anyone check their credentials? .if there was security were they in bed with whoever did this? just seems to many loose ends for mine.too late now to worry about cops these cars are long gone and bits already everywhere.ill get in the members area and see what i can find out.very sad.

Sad day indeed for the owners of those cars, insurance money can't replace the blood, sweat and tears. Whoever has done this deed needs to be strung up and quartered. :furious:

I think what Rob has said is a timely reminder for all to be careful not to post pics with number plates displayed for all to see and also be careful not to publish personal info in a public forum which could lead to someone tracking down your movements or whereabouts.

Seems that we are willing to spend thousands of hard earned $$$ restoring/modifying our cars but don't think much about spending a bit extra on suitable security measures.

Maybe it's time for us all to think about installing a real time GPRS tracking device in our pride & joy. Alarm systems don't seem to bother the thieves as no one else seems to take any notice if an alarm is activated.

Dave

#16 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

Just pure frOcking scum of society.

9 bloody cars!? I don't know what to say

#17 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

Spoke to my good mate Scotty today who owns the HJ 1 tonner, Nissan patrol & trailer & the good news is that they have found the 1 tonner less motor & gearbox in the Cabulture area, & have 1 person for questioning.
So far there is no news on the nissan patrol & trailer.

Wayne

Edited by OLC383, 06 September 2010 - 10:40 PM.

#18 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:16 AM

awesome !well heres hoping they find the engine and the rest of it.if this is one of the people invovled they are in a spot now. they dob their mates and cop whatever off them, or keep quite and cop it for the whole lot suck sh_t my heart bleeds for him or her just hope the magistrate isnt a bleeding heart.

#19 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

here is a link to what remains of scotts 1 tonner after they found it at Caboolture on Monday

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/

#20 _Ironwulf_

_Ironwulf_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

I am told the guy with the XY just finished a 16 year rebuild literally 2 days before. He'd had the car since 18.

He's really taking it very very hard... and I cant really blame him.

Leigh

#21 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

This is terrible stuff.

Didn't this happen at the WinterSun car show/event last year in QLD?

Must be very organised thieves.

#22 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

yeah wasnt there a hk monaro and an xa coupe and a phase 3 or something cant remember

#23 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi
heres photos off boost of the tunna, prob same as warwick new but did not see them
http://www.boostcrui...ic=626580&st=50
scum

#24 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

well guys me and the family just got back from the monaro nationals we took the hk monaro over i must say i had some very sleepless nights after the 3 cars were stolen

the other one they tried to steal was a modified hq monaro they pushed it outside the hotel tried to start it but the alarm kept going off so they pushed it onto the grass behind the hotel and left it

another w.a member had his monaro stolen from movie world on the gold coast it was parked in the car park i think this will have a big effect on future events which is a shame as i love these events but i must admit it makes you think if its worth bringing your car along

lets just hope they catch these cxnts and cut there fxcking hands off just speaking to the members that had there cars stolen was gut wrenching and the worst bit was you couldnt do anything to help them

#25 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:08 AM

sounds like a poorly organised event bit of a wake up call to organisers sadly which probably wont be addressed.might be the last one who would go unless you sleep in you car with the 243 by your side.very sad for those who were affected

Edited by rob350hatch, 11 September 2010 - 05:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users