#26 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

sounds like a poorly organised event bit of a wake up call to organisers sadly which probably wont be addressed.might be the last one who would go unless you sleep in you car with the 243 by your side.very sad for those who were affected

you cant blame the organisers for the scum that is in our society they cant police how hotels and caravan parks are run!!

what i found strange was the guy that had the hq found behind the hotel said oh yeah i heard my alarm going off all night well why the fxck didnt he check why it was going off!!!

when we had the presentation dinner on sunday night there was security guards on hand so the qld monaro club did there job as far as im concerned and the old saying goes if they want your car bad enough they will get it!!

lets just hope they catch these cxnts i know 1 man has been charged so thats a start!!

#27 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Makes the idea of organised security for motels (ala toranafest) seem very, very smart.

#28 _SLYLX_

_SLYLX_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

is that a list of all the cars knoked off?or are they all urz??

oh sorry just relized,lol,f@#kin scum bags

#29 _el jay_

_el jay_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

most of the gear in the cars only has a few uses and will probably end up in similar cars. unfortunaley most of the thieving is probably
done by people insde the larger circle of the petorl head scene. meaning someone knows someone who knows these guys.

#30 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

Did anyone hear what happened to the guy that got charged?

#31 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

Has it been found yet?

#32 _big jack_

_big jack_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Just an update, Heard on the local radio station here that the police caught the mongrels that stole the cars from the Monaro nationals in Warwick QLD. Has any one else heard anything?

#33 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

Lets bring back the hanging law!!!
At least it might make these low lifes in society think twice about performing these crimes!
Kill them all &LET GOD SORT EM OUT !!

#34 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

second that.

#35 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

fk hanging. public stoning is the go. we wouldnt have a theft problem

#36 _GMH Fan_

_GMH Fan_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

Hey guys,

I'm the owner of the HQ Monaro that was stolen from Warwick in Queensland. There are a few things to say in regards to this event.

Firstly, the thieves were in fact very organised. There were definitely a few of them. As you saw in the news. The HQ 1-tonner was found about 24 hours after it was stolen, and it was completely stripped. There is no way 1 guy could do this on their own. There is nothing to say that the thieves used the internet to target the cars, although it is possible. We were told that the thieves followed up from a nearby town, possibly Stanthorpe. The thieves would target the cars there, and then they would strike.

ROB350HATCH, im not sure where exactly you got your information from, but a few things have been changed from the actual version of events. The thieves took the car in the early hours on the Sunday morning. Nobody saw anything happen, Everyone was asleep. Everyone in the club knew who we were, they know who owns the car, if they saw anyone else touching the car, they would have done something about it.

The real story, The cars were parked at the Motel, but we had a car (CV8) parked in the entrance so no cars could get in or out. Throughout the night the thieves set my car alarm off every half hour or so. So everytime it went off, I'd wake up and CHECK MY CAR, thought nothing suspicious, then reset my alarm. This happened for about 4 hours. Apparently the thieves do this hoping you get sick of the alarm and turn it off. However, I didnt turn it off. I had the kill switch in my hand also. But apparently, when you reset the alarm, You have 90 seconds, to get in the car before it activates. Which is what we thought must have happened.

So the next morning when we woke up, my car was missing. The police came straight away and informed us that a few had been stolen. Naturally we didnt have much hope. A few minutes later, we found the car bogged in a nearby paddock. So because we had the security in the front gate, the thieves pushed the car out the back. The fence was chopped down, lights were disconnected, CCTV were tampered with, our motel doors were locked from the outside with a rope to the railing The whole alarm module had been ripped out from under the bonnet, and there was evidence of a tow truck trying to pick the car up. All suggesting it was professionals who knew what they were doing. As for damage to the car, the car sustained paint damage while the thieves tried to get the car past the fence. It was scratched from front to back. A $20,000 paint job on this car was rubbish. the Alarm was tron out and they made a real mess of the wiring. They tore panels out from inside the car trying to track down the immobiliser also.

The forensics found 1 print on the car. Which led them to one of the thieves. He was charged.

We also got a phonecall from Warwick police about a week ago, explaining that they did a raid on a property somewhere near Brisbane, where they found a lot of stolen Toranas, caravans and boats. The thieves were caught at another show in Brisbane, about to steal another Torana. They were arrested at gunpoint and have also been charged.

Please, if you guys feel there was more I could have done to stop the thieves from stealing my pride and joy, please let me know. I'd love to hear a way to stop them.

#37 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Jesus Christ! It is scary to think that this scum breath the same air as us!

Not sure what more you could have done Jason... Short of having armed guards protect your car!

#38 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

That is very scary. Sorry to hear about what they did to your car Jason

#39 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

Lets hope there is jail time involved and not just a slap on the wrist!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users