Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 _robslxhatch_

_robslxhatch_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

What was the story with the rev up at midday? did it have to get dulled down?

i know , i was really looking forward to it , then when it happened i thought 'well thats not what i expected' i wondered if people had enough time to get to thier cars??. my 3 year old son slept through it.

#28 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

On behalf of the NSW GTR & XU1 Owners Club, I'd like to thank Mick & the team from the HVTC for a fantastic event. Great job on a great event. We'll be back

^^^ What he said.

Great job guys, excellent to catch up with plenty of forum members. Had a great laugh all weekend and got to take Bomber for a ride in my car.

Still have a sore neck from checking steering column date codes.............................:lol:

thats a good excuse i wondered what you 2 were doing in that blokes car checking steering column dates hmmm likely story.i was checking out all the racks myself especially on sunday lol.glad you bunked in with us had a ball i cant wait till next year thanks hvtc awesome.

#29 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:16 PM

I gave my car a good rev, and so did many others.

Something with a blower was wizzing away now and then.

Had a good time too Rob but glad we are now living separately. You're not as cuddly as I had hoped :P

Edited by CraigA, 20 September 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#30 _sjohnst7_

_sjohnst7_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

Who ended up walking away with a trophy?

I got runner up best UC. I was pretty stoked with that.

Hi guys, Dirtbag here on my brothers computer : )

So who got best UC? I thought yours was awesome Paul. Great job!

Thanks to everyone who came and said hello to us today and for everyone involved with organising the event. It was a brilliant day!!!

I offered you some cleaning products so you could clean your car and you might have won best UC.

I wonder if your car was over looked as a UC due to the fact it looked like a LX?

Probably. Sillly though, as it IS a UC. Not to worry, I'm just glad the car is at its new home and I can move on with the next project.

Thanks again for all the support and comments.

Dirtbag.

#31 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

[quote name='rob350hatch' date='20 September 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1284955625' post='538700']
[quote name='CraigA' date='19 September 2010 - 08:21 PM' timestamp='1284891697' post='538526']
[quote]On behalf of the NSW GTR & XU1 Owners Club, I'd like to thank Mick & the team from the HVTC for a fantastic event. Great job on a great event. We'll be back[/quote]

^^^ What he said.

Great job guys, excellent to catch up with plenty of forum members. Had a great laugh all weekend and got to take Bomber for a ride in my car.

Still have a sore neck from checking steering column date codes.............................:lol:
[/quote]

Thanks to Harvey for taking me for a run in 2TOUGH on saturday arvo.

I was a little disappointed when i got back as someone had adjusted my bonnet and then proceeded to tell me that i have the wrong date coded steering column. I was shattered. LOL:spoton: Thanks Craig the bonnet was sitting well until sunday afternoon.

Thankyou to all who helped me change the exhaust gasket when i got back to the motel on sunday.

A big thankyou to the HVTC for a great weekend as always.
Very unfortunate that some cars were randomly pulled over and defected as they were doing nothing wrong.

( i will be back next year craig, with the correct date coded column.. Any ideas on when the washers will be ready???)

#32 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

I hung around waiting for it....I reckon I made more noise as I left.....I though it was meant to be an all in?

#33 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

i still think and can near prove that washer to be long to a 71 car.mabe return it next year, as it will be set on ledgends and miths.
cheers gong

#34 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

Jason, as discussed the '72 washers are being produced in a Chinese factory right now.

The later, but clearly no less popular, '73 washers are at final development stage and will be available some time in 2011. There are currently no plans to reproduce the '70/'71 versions.

Unfortunately I dropped my '73 evaluation sample on the weekend - you didn't happen to pick it up did you? :dontknow:

I know that you are considered an expert on these types of things John but in this case I think your clearly confused. The '71 washer has a 60 degree outer bevel, quite distinctly different to the '72 and the '73 versions which use 45 degrees.

Edited by CraigA, 20 September 2010 - 03:20 PM.

#35 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

...and then proceeded to tell me that i have the wrong date coded steering column.

I was wondering what that joke was about, when I was shown how to adjust triple SU's and triple Webers!!! Things you find out.

Great time, thanks all, and still didn't get to meet Harvey or Ruts, but I'm advised both are there, and any others I missed meeting. Thanks for all those that came up and introduced themselves, I tried to make it easy to find me, although maybe I need to update my shirt!!!

Special thanks to Mick and Gary for helping me sought out the other issue as well. Unfortunately, I just have to go through the process with that one, however in the long run, Yella is going to be better for it, as it will become all HQ stud pattern. Maybe the motivation I needed to bite the bullet and get that bit sorted.

I will post pictures later. I borrowed Keith's glasses, so it gave me a very interesting perspective on Toranafest.

Top marks go to Howard Bell. I haven't seen him for six years and didn't even recognise him. Keep riding that bike mate, you look 20 years younger. A credit to you.

Will be back next year, I hope.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 20 September 2010 - 06:08 PM.

#36 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

Jason, as discussed the '72 washers are being produced in a Chinese factory right now.

The later, but clearly no less popular, '73 washers are at final development stage and will be available some time in 2011. There are currently no plans to reproduce the '70/'71 versions.

Unfortunately I dropped my '73 evaluation sample on the weekend - you didn't happen to pick it up did you? :dontknow:

craig i put that special washer of your in your case of goodies,pat is was good to catch up again last time we seen face to face was way back in 2006 at panthers,was good to spend some quality time with john gong and his family,(the kids are missing you allready mate)

#37 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

To Mick, Pete, Graham, Scotty and all of the other HVTC member that I'm sorry that I can't remember all of their names, great weekend :spoton: and I'm also sorry that you have actually out-did yourselves 'cause I don't think you will be able to top this one :clappin:

I would have liked to have seen more entrants dressed up for the 70's era but those that did I think enjoyed themselves just that little bit extra AND yes, Elvis has definitely left the building and will not be seen again :sad:

Can't wait till Toranafest 2011

Regards .... Barry

#38 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

I know that you are considered an expert on these types of things John but in this case I think your clearly confused. The '71 washer has a 60 degree outer bevel, quite distinctly different to the '72 and the '73 versions which use 45 degrees.

you clowns im led to believe from a" guru" that the 2 door ta had the '72 washers and steering column you are after as gmh found some in nz and shipped them back over here to use them up.please let me know if you want them otherwise ill put them on ebay starting at $1500 for a column with the correct matching washers :blink2:

Edited by rob350hatch, 20 September 2010 - 07:01 PM.

#39 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Hey Bazz

Great to catch up again. How was the trip home? , no dramahs' i hope, & don't doubt the boys with next years gig, have they dissappointed you yet?????? Its not a Myth just a Fact that they are Ledgends.......

Cheers Scotty.

Edited by UFO XU1, 20 September 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#40 tsn007

tsn007

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

What a weekend,

A big thank you to the HVTC and everyone involved in this fantastic annual event,it just getting bigger every year

To the fellow forum members that I meet,thank you for your friendship.

We stayed 2 nights at the Motto Farm Hotel and that clearly was not enough to soak up all the atmosphere,
The cars, the people , the good times and the banter, WOW what an awesome event

I invited my friend Geoff who had no connection to Torana's and the forum to drive my hatch, he still has a smile on his face,he mentioned how fantastic and what a privilege it was to drive a Torana in convey full of awesome cars and how friendly everybody was, thank you

To Keith and all the boys , good times were had by all

Special thanks to Jason & Brian for all you assistance with our drives

Also thanks to all the Sydney Torana club members it was fun

I can not wait till next year, WELL DONE

#41 MONZA1

MONZA1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

HVTC also turned on great weather for us. Got very cold as I approacd home, leading to enthusiastic use of heater controls which resulted in a washer failure. Now unsure if I accept an incorrect '72 washer, or wait for the correct '73 washer. Very careless of you Craig to drop the '73 prototype washer. Six months till it's Autumn & starts getting cold again. :dontknow:

Edited by MONZA1, 20 September 2010 - 07:19 PM.

#42 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

As we drove home, this photo on the front cover of today's Goulburn Post reminded me it could have been a whole heap worse!!!

Posted Image

At least there was only one of the frOckers. (The others are trainees from the academy!!).

Edited by Yella SLuR, 20 September 2010 - 07:14 PM.

#43 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

hahaha Pat atleast we took something home to remember

#44 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

you wouldnt believe it about 12.30 last night 2 of newcastles finest were driving around the car park at motto in a 4 wheel drive admiring the few cars that were left , obvious torana lovers. we got talking to them.they were good blokes. we offered them the use of one of our cars to which we all had a good laugh but we warned them that they may get knocked off for exceed wheel track by their mate on the bike.they asked what we meant.when we told them of the mornings events .they were disgusted and in disbelief that it had happened .they said they didnt know who it was and could see no need for it. just one of those right place wrong time moments for those caught up

#45 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

I saw those guys, although maybe it was earlier. I didn't realise that they stopped.

In that pic, there are 350 motorbike cops that rode from Sydney to Canberra on some Police Memorial cruise thing.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 20 September 2010 - 08:46 PM.

#46 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

Glad to hear that you are attending next year but I know Keith has booked our room already and included you in the calculations. The way the costs have risen at the reg motel maybe a change could be in order? I heard that the Victorians are not happy about the latest charges too although I have yet to verify the statement. 3 years ago it cost us approx $30.00 per head per night, I think its more like $90 now.

Al.

I would just like to point out a few things about the motel costs before this "fish" gets any bigger.

Three years ago is a long time and the motel has has two management changes since then.. $30 for a bed back then was pretty good, but if you read on, you will see that the increases are not that servere..

Back in April/May, we sent information to the all of the Clubs about Motto Farm and the prices for this year. The reason that we did this was so that the clubs were able to organise their accomodation for the members, well in advance. Depending on the room type that was available at the time, the per head costs were as follows;

Friday night: Between $40 - 52.50 per person (excluding a single room). That is just the room costs. A $10 increase in three years..

Saturday night: Between $70 - 82.50 per person (excluding a single room). This included the Meet and Greet BBQ and all the fun that went with it.

Sunday Night: Between $60 - 72.50 per person (excluding a single room). This included a Sunday Roast Dinner.

Now, I think that those at the BBQ would agree that it was probably alot better in layout and organisation than last year and when you start to talk about things like hiring Marquees, Tables, Chairs, PA Systems, and Lighting, etc the costs are not cheap and it has to be levied somewhere.

Toranafest itself picks up the costs of alot of the Sat night function and we don't see any return from our outlay and that is fine. We have no problems with that.

If people aren't happy with the costs of the motel accomodation, where an event like the meet and greet BBQ is held and nightly security is provided (free of charge), then I am sure that they can find other accomodation in the area.

I can also tell you this, that the only reason that others, not staying at the motel, were allowed to attend the BBQ was because the motel was fully booked. If it wasn't fully booked, it would have only been opened to those staying at the Motel, HVTC members, Sponsors and VIPs.

One thing is for certain, we will continue to work with the Motel to get those staying, the best possible prices.

Any other feedback about any part of the weekend is appreciated and I would like to here from the VTC boys to find out the issues that they had.

cheers
Mick

#47 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

:clap:

The motel appears to do a dam good job of looking after everything and deserve some credit for it.

Prices for things will always go up, especially when prices for food, electricity etc etc and the standard of the nighttime events all increase.

some things are worth paying for, and not everything can be had for nothing.

#48 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

I think the Hotel was good value for money compared to what we pay for work, and it included your main meal!! Breakfast was also very reasonably priced, although fried rather than poached eggs would have been nice, even though poached are better for us!!! I'm sure that I could have asked for a fried one and they'd of done it, so hey, I'm happy. Very good value for my bucks.

Yella is booked in for it's inspection next Monday (it's a holiday in Canberra) to clear the defect. Yuck, those horrible skiny wheels. I'll take a pic.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 21 September 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#49 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:22 PM

I think the Hotel was good value for money compared to what we pay for work, and it included your main meal!! Breakfast was also very reasonably priced, although fried rather than poached eggs would have been nice, even though poached are better for us!!! I'm sure that I could have asked for a fried one and they'd of done it, so hey, I'm happy. Very good value for my bucks.

Yella is booked in for it's inspection next Monday (it's a holiday in Canberra) to clear the defect. Yuck, those horrible skiny wheels. I'll take a pic.

I cannot comment too much on the costings of what used to be the motel we never named on the forum! After all I was not present this year.
I am passing on mutterings from nameless people who have since spoken to me.

No one ever questioned the quality of the bbq, all reports came back extremely positive on that note and very obviously the motel looked after people well. Nor have there been derogatory comments re the organising club and officianados - its all been nothing but praise.

As for wanting things for nothing I have no idea where orangelj picked that beauty from but I suspect he picks a certain area regularly!

Now one problem occurs where a room for 4 is booked but two turn up for one night and the other two are there for 3, this is not a problem caused by the motel at all its just plain costly.

It appears to some that a room used to have a set cost which could be divided by 2 3 4 or 5 people etc and that was that, now there is a feeling rooms are more based per person per night rather than a set price per night. I have no idea if this is right or not.

Finally try not to shoot the messenger lol.

Looking forward to next year regardless!

Good luck with the inspection Pat, I am sure you will have everything as they would like it.

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 21 September 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#50 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

:nudie:

sometimes thats all a reply needs......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users