Photo

Toranafest 2011

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#26 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

any work being done with the local plod, to stop the odd canary from landing on your windscreen?

Hi Welby!

Yeah, there was a lot of discussion with the local police here after last years over enthusiatic police officer..

He was "spoken to" and we have been assured thatit won't be a problem this year.

We will be talking to the Police HWP closer to Toranafest to let them know the dates, etc.

On another note, will we see some of you guys across here this year, Mark??

And I do mean with cars..

cheers
Mick

#27 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

No worries on the loos mick, Maybe one of the loo companies might throw it in aas "sponsorship" haha.

The permanent loos would be sweet if they wernt always filthy dirty, full of used condoms and just generally not fit for use.

#28 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

No worries on the loos mick, Maybe one of the loo companies might throw it in aas "sponsorship" haha.

The permanent loos would be sweet if they wernt always filthy dirty, full of used condoms and just generally not fit for use.

I know what your saying! It's been an ongoing battle with Council about those toilets and the state of them on the Sunday morning.

They keep telling us that they are cleaned at 5.00am on the Sunday morning and they are locked until we open them at 6.30am!

Just something else we have to remind them about when we meet with them in June..

cheers
Mick

#29 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi All

just got confirmation today that James Brock will be coming to Toranafest as well as Bev! Those crazy Nowacki Bros are confirmed too!

We are getting together a fine list of 'Legends" thats for sure..

cheers
Mick

Edited by sstorana, 13 May 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#30 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hi All

just got confirmation today that James Brock will be coming to Toranafest as well as Bev! Those crazy Nowacki Bros are confirmed too!

We are getting together a fine list of 'Legends" thats for sure..

cheers
Mick

Bbbbbev, did I hear you say BEV :spoton:

Arrrr, memories

Posted Image

Posted Image

A happy Barry

#31 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

one solution might be to have dunnies for the girls and dunnies for the blokes.that way the onus is on the girls to look after their own backyard .and if rocket shows up he? can use either.lol

#32 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

any work being done with the local plod, to stop the odd canary from landing on your windscreen?

Hi Welby!

On another note, will we see some of you guys across here this year, Mark??

And I do mean with cars..

cheers
Mick

Yes mate , and some of us might even bring cash !!

On that note WA lads, give me a yell if you are keen on going, so i can organise some transport options.....

#33 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

" and some of us might even bring cash !!"

gee some1 may buy car & take it home with them

cheers Keith

#34 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

Chomp Bit, Chomp Bit, Chomp Bit, Chomp Bit :nada:

Barry

#35 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Im tryin to talk the missus into going this year, so far not good,
even tryed bribing her with (could of got my hoppers stoppers kit)party coloured saphire earrings
ill try again next week,

#36 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

I'm gonna sit it out this year.

#37 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

TORANAFEST UPDATE

With just over three months to go, we are been woking hard to secure what is possibly the largest line up of Motorpsort personalites that we have ever had at Toranafest!!

Here is the line up at the moment;

Colin Bond

John Sheppard

Bev Brock

James Brock

Leo Pruneau

Joe Felice

Des West

Ned Nowacki

Bruce Nowacki

Ian Tate

Hope to see you there!!

Cheers
Mick

#38 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Excellent lineup of personalities Mick!

#39 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

Excellent lineup of personalities Mick!

Thanks Howard!

Yeah we are pretty happy with that list of people. There maybe another to be added but we are waiting for confirmation.

On another note: If anyone is in need of an entry form, please PM me your email details and I will send one out to you!

cheers
Mick

#40 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Toranafest Update - June

Hi all
well, things are starting to heat up with Toranafest this year. I thought that it might be an idea to bring you up to date as to what's happening.

VIP's
As I said before, we have an excellent arry of stars this year! It's great to see so many heroes of motorsport making the journey to Newcastle for this event. Those that are confirmed, booked and ready to roll are;
Colin Bond
John Sheppard
Bev Brock
James Brock
Leo Pruneau
Joe Felice
Des West
Ned Nowacki
Bruce Nowacki
Ian Tate

ENTRIES RECIEVED
Entries have been coming through at a great rate of knots and as at yesterday we have 70 rec'd. That is up on the same time by a massive 55%!! I am confident that if this trend continues though the coming months, we may just crack the magical 300 mark!!
With that sort of number in mind, I would suggest that you enter early to avoid missing out on the famous Toranafest Googy bag!

If you still not sure about entering your car, now's the time to do it!! Remember, Toranafest is open to ALL Toranas!!

TORANAFEST CRUISE
If you're gonna be in New'y on the Sat arvo, make sure you come along for this cruise!! Last year we had 57 Toranas cruise through Newcastle. This year we're going somewhere else and we hope to get as many cars cruising again!

MEET & GREET BBQ
One of the highlights of the weekend is the Meet & Greet BBQ at 'the farm'! He's your chance to catch up with mates and to listen to the exploites of some of Australia's greatest motorsport Legends!! A night not to be missed! As part of this night we will be running one of the Toranafest Auctions so here's a chance to grab a bargain!

If you're staying at the motel, then let the girls know that you are attending. If you are staying elsewhere please let me know. The cost is $35.00 for adults and $15.00 of Kids under 12.

TORANAFEST SHOW & SHINE
Sunday's Show & Shine will be another great day! Again we have the Shannons Super Rig and this will be the centre of teh action! We plan to have a great bunch to Traders and Foodies to keep you busy all day, although with approx. 300 cars to see, you will definately need a rest! We plan to have a few cars on display that have not been seenfor a very long time, and we may even have a couple of Special Guest Cars!! You'll just have to wait and see!!

So, keep the entry forms coming and get your accommodation sorted because it plans to be another great Toranafest!

Remember, it's more than a Car Show, its a Festival!

cheers
Mick

#41 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

That's why I cannot understand why some that live with-in a 2 hour drive only come for the ONE DAY Show and Shine.

The "accommodation" motel becomes "Torana Town" for the weekend and along with the celeb guests, the Torana Town feels like Torana Heaven :spoton:

Great friendships are made and renewed :D

AND you can't forget the BLUMP BLUMP BLUMP of lumpy cam XU-1's and throbbing rumbling of V8's speaking of which I have just had new Berklee mufflers put on the SS and it sounds sweet B)

Oh well, for the one dayers, my gain, your loss.

Regards ... Barry

#42 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

AND you can't forget the BLUMP BLUMP BLUMP of lumpy cam XU-1's and throbbing rumbling of V8's speaking of which I have just had new Berklee mufflers put on the SS and it sounds sweet B)

Regards ... Barry

Careful Barry.... you're getting too excited.. LOL :3gears:

cheers
Mick

#43 _TJ355_

_TJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Gonna be a great Tfest and i got approved for the 2 days off Wohoo

#44 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

So Barry i doesn't sound like a DOG BARK anymore mate. lol
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

cheers Keith

Edited by WhiteKnight, 24 June 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#45 _MISS LC_

_MISS LC_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

Gotta say I cannot wait !!! can some one email me an entry form please [email protected] cheers :)

#46 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

So Barry i doesn't sound like a DOG BARK anymore mate. lol
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

cheers Keith

DOG BARK! No, now is more like a deep growl you get outa an SS that will chew the tyres off ol' smokey :tease:

The old mufflers only had rusty bits floating around inside of them :blink: so maybe they were a bit loud :rockon:

Anyway, you will certainly here me coming down the highway this September :spoton:

Regards ... Barry

#47 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

For those that are travelling up on the Friday morning and are interested in joining on the drive with the Riverina Holden Owners (formerly known as the Riverina Torana Club), our early itinery is

I will meeting the Wagga people at Boorowa turn off (about 2Ks south of Yass Maccas) on the Hume about 8am, then drive on.
Stopping at Goulburn South Maccas about 9'ish

Leave Goulburn about 9.30'sh

Meet up with whiteknight at truck pull-over area on the M7 (Westlink) about 11'sh.
Points of interest along the M7 are the usual cameras on 2 wheels :blink2:

Drive on to Wyong ? fuel/eats about 1pm'ish then onto the Toranafest Motel.

These are only approximate times.

I know it's early days but if anyone would like to join up with us then please feel free to do so.

Regards .... Barry

#48 _FANTA_

_FANTA_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hi tempted to bring UC up from Blue Mountains.. Motto Farm site does not have any vacancies have sent a query but 'just in case' can any one suggest accomodation ? .. have not been to Toranafest or Newcastle.
(my excuse is I am from NT & QLD)..

.. oops if accom info has been posted and I have just had a "moment" and completely missed it.

cheers

Tracy

Edited by FANTA, 27 June 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#49 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi tempted to bring UC up from Blue Mountains.. Motto Farm site does not have any vacancies have sent a query but 'just in case' can any one suggest accomodation ? .. have not been to Toranafest or Newcastle.
(my excuse is I am from NT & QLD)..

.. oops if accom info has been posted and I have just had a "moment" and completely missed it.

cheers

Tracy

The Toranafest Motel is booked out but there is one very nearby that is taking the over-flow.

The Saturday Meet & Greet BBQ is a must if you are staying the Saturday night but you have to let Eliza know your names and numbers as that I believe is limited to 200

PM Mick (sstorana) and I am sure he will have that info or you may like to PM me for Eliza's contact info.

Regards ... Barry

#50 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

spoke to eliza today about numbers for the BBQ and was told to talk to my club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users