S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Bullit you're not the only one who isn't happy with the mylar insert and corner escutcheons for the LH - UC Torana.

http://www.gmh-toran...in/#entry764436

#127 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Bullit you're not the only one who isn't happy with the mylar insert and corner escutcheons for the LH - UC Torana.

http://www.gmh-toran...in/#entry764436

cheers dave yep they are completely wrong I don't know what the frOck to do now I know one thing I cant leave it like that...

#128 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,838 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi Rare Spares. I have some. Left over NOS Mylar locking strip I can donate for you to replicate.

null_zpsecee84b8.jpg

#129 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

You offered that a year ago Brad
The locking strip and more importantly the corner pieces have had the most amount of negative comment here by my calculations
All ignored
Speaking of ignored
We may have a birthday party on my rear spoiler issue .
Les , lance ???

Hello ???

#130 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,838 posts
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

I've got some shitty chrome corner pieces I can also donate. The shape is ok, just the finish is poor.

#131 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hi all,
Are there any plans to make the black plastic covers that go on my Lj seatbelt adjusters?

Cheers JD

#132 _LS1 Taxi_

_LS1 Taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, frOck it. frOck it all.

I just bought the Rares front and rear locking strip and corner pieces.

Why oh why didn't I read this before?  Actually. frOck that. Why doesn't it just work like it should?

#133 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hi all,
Are there any plans to make the black plastic covers that go on my Lj seatbelt adjusters?

Cheers JD

I believe someone on ebay is already doing the seat release lever black grips.

#134 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I believe someone on ebay is already doing the seat release lever black grips.

I had a look on ebay and the only ones that I saw were inertia covers, which are not the original ones to the best of my knowledge and I don't think they would fit.

JD

#135 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Here you go James.

The Parts Cloner sells them.

http://www.ebay.com....=item43c0c85bd4

Cheers

Dave.

#136 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Here you go James.

The Parts Cloner sells them.
http://www.ebay.com....=item43c0c85bd4

Cheers
Dave.

Thanks Dave, but they're not what I'm after. I looking for the plastic covers to go on the seatbelts where you adjust the length of the belt up near your shoulder.

Jd

#137 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Good sponsors.....

#138 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Thanks Dave, but they're not what I'm after. I looking for the plastic covers to go on the seatbelts where you adjust the length of the belt up near your shoulder.

Jd

seat belt solutions?

#139 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Jd

Apologies James.

I didn't read your post properly. :DOH:

#140 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I've got some shitty chrome corner pieces I can also donate. The shape is ok, just the finish is poor.

Would these be ok to use to create repros?

null_zps52d9cbaf.jpg

#141 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

you dont mean making ones that actually fit do you Brad? thats crazy talk

#142 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Your scuff plate screws suck - i mean suck
If i had wanted stainless steel countersunk screws i would have gone to home hardware
Which i presume is where Rares bought them from
Nothing like original

Please read your promise to the customers again - the bit about sourcing the correct part or as close to original as possible
Pain in the arse when you live 1600k's from the nearest Rares store and the bloody freight is as much as what the things are worth

Edited by Swarbs, 17 April 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#143 _cliffos_

_cliffos_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Your scuff plate screws suck - i mean suck
If i had wanted stainless steel countersunk screws i would have gone to home hardware
Which i presume is where Rares bought them from
Nothing like original

Please read your promise to the customers again - the bit about sourcing the correct part or as close to original as possible
Pain in the arse when you live 1600k's from the nearest Rares store and the bloody freight is as much as what the things are worth

I feel for you mate ,I went through a lot of wasted money with rares ,not to say somethings are OK but they do need to show a closer attention to detail ,especially when I had no original part to go off so you assume that you are paying for a trial fitted product ,which turns out to be completely different to the original part (once I bought the same used part from a wrecker to compare it).

What got on my nerves was... it said fits LC on the box /catalogue and was no where near it or they think because it fits an LJ its the same for LC ,most are ...but not everything.and the quality of the GTR badges are substandard as well ,all the pins break off when you use the supplied nut ,crap …i ended up having to buy 9 of them just to do my car .& i bought the same scuff plate screws ,,,,,, they are still in the box ,didn't use em .they got me….

#144 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

And that birthday for my rear spoiler is getting awfully close

#145 mika03au

mika03au

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Car:LX hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

And that birthday for my rear spoiler is getting awfully close

Rear spoilers, for hatchback?

#146 _Edan_

_Edan_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Swarbs, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are in the process of investigating the scuff plate screws, we have a car here which we will use as reference.

Cliffos, I am sorry to hear of your issues with the GTR badge. If you can send me invoice details for the nine badges you purchased we can look at refunding you an amount. Unfortunately, in the case of this particular badge it was not viable to make this badge using the original production method and material due to minimum production quantity and unit cost. We have had to use an alternative casting method and material to make it available.

With regard to LX hatch rear spoiler kits we are keen to remake them but unfortunately we have been unable to locate a good genuine sample for reference, we are in contact with the Victorian Torana Club currently in relation to this however if there is anybody on the forums who can assist please PM me.

Regards,
Edan

#147 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

Cliffos, I am sorry to hear of your issues with the GTR badge. If you can send me invoice details for the nine badges you purchased we can look at refunding you an amount. Unfortunately, in the case of this particular badge it was not viable to make this badge using the original production method and material due to minimum production quantity and unit cost. We have had to use an alternative casting method and material to make it available.

Regards,
Edan

Hi Edan, so what you are saying is you produced a product that is nothing like the original, due to your perceived unit cost ?

Wow, sorry, but that is disgraceful... Even more so that your description on your site does not explain this... http://www.rarespare...x?product=B1004

I for one, would be happy to pay a premium price for a perfectly replicated product, as opposed to something you perceive is adequate for your target audience...

#148 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Sorted this yet? as i have 2 very expensive ash trays at the moment and a steering wheel i cant use

null_zpsdc36bff4.jpg

Edited by Stinga, 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#149 _Edan_

_Edan_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Skapinad, in my reply I did not state that the product we put to market for the 'GTR' badge (B1004) differs in visual appearance to genuine or that it does not fit the application correctly. 

We do not take this sort of criticism/feedback lightly. I am still in the process of investigating this matter further and I would appreciate cliffos input also. 

We endeavour to put a good product to market and correct any problems which arise, we value the feedback.  

Stinga, please contact Greg on (03) 9305 4000 tomorrow at the office regarding your issues and advise him of all the details. 

I am not aware of any issues with steering wheels, I am sure we would be keen to look into this matter completely.

Regards,

Edan

#150 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

It's a shame to see so much negative feedback against this company. I can understand the frustration behind some of these comments, I've spent thousands with this company restoring several cars going back twenty years & whereas I've had problems with some products, others have been fine & only the fussiest of owner would pick the quality & difference to the OEM parts. The reality is that these cars are getting hard enough & expensive enough to find good used or NOS parts & without companies like Rare Spares filling the void by producing the parts they do, what would the alternative be. As much as I would love to use all genuine GMH parts to restore my cars, a lot them aren't simply available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users