- - - - -

Lj 4 door

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#1 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

Had this car for over two years probably.....Being 17 its hard to get the money for all the stuff so progress is slowww.

As bought (minus headlights and sutff)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Blocks
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

had to do it all on the driveway, garage is full of shit (which isnt mine)

Edited by Hamo, 13 October 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#2 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:55 PM

Floor
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prob not the correct method but it still worked.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fold was wrong...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

wooo!!! another 4 door coming together :clap:

#4 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Drivers side floor needed the whole new pan..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wooo!!! another 4 door coming together :clap:

YAY!
lol
Im up to sandblasting pretty much hopefully you will see it in a street soon. (as you can see im slow with editing the thread)

Edited by Hamo, 13 October 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#5 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

rears are ok
Posted Image

Posted Image

Stuff thats been sandblasted/undercoat
With new bushes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front gaurds + dirt and ants nest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Hamo, 13 October 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#6 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

4 doors rock.

:burnout:

Whats your plans?

#7 _why-psi_

_why-psi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

what are those bits spot welded to the stone tray for?

#8 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

should have kept the driver floor cut out, then it would be flintstone power!!

#9 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

4 doors rock.

:burnout:

Whats your plans?

I was gonna put some flutes on it maybe a spoiler paint it like xu1 sorta thing......Still haven't figured out a colour....Narrowed it to green, red or blue lol.

what are those bits spot welded to the stone tray for?

The stone tray i haven't done anything to, Except sand blast and paint so i can't really say much on that, just holds the bars that go into the gaurds inplace....(i think thats the bit your talking about)
Im pretty sure they came out with it like that, but at a later date or something maybe.

should have kept the driver floor cut out, then it would be flintstone power!!

Being 6"3 my legs would be long enough i spose.

Posting more pics in next reply- just took em out in the rain a few seconds ago.

Edited by Hamo, 13 October 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#10 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Suspension - Lovels/monro

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Engine bay basicly ready for it to be pulled out. (202 red)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heator box area-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Inside-

Posted Image

Posted Image
(2nd hole is for the cable for reversing lights, Dad and his mate thought it would be ok to do that rather then taking the gearbox out at the time)

Boot space + stuff

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear axel (hidden under a whole heap of junk)(red makes it go faster)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fuel tank

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wiring loom

Posted Image

Pics or someones handy work of fully welding the exhaust so its hard to get out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(cut it)

And the amount of room i have for all my parts

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

need to invest in a shed.

#11 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

that's an impressive start to your project, I hope you enjoy your wins as put it together. I will watch this one

#12 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:13 PM

I Must say, i take my hat off to anyone that attempts to rebuild a car "on blocks" in a driveway. Some of us luckier guys take having a shed take it for granted and want bigger and better one.
Some of the other blokes on here have done driveway rebuilds and are mind blowing cars by the end of it, Just goes to show you dont need the best of everything to build the best.

im gonna stick to this thread, cant wait to see how it pans out. Great work so far

Cheers

#13 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

that's an impressive start to your project, I hope you enjoy your wins as put it together. I will watch this one

thanks mate

I Must say, i take my hat off to anyone that attempts to rebuild a car "on blocks" in a driveway. Some of us luckier guys take having a shed take it for granted and want bigger and better one.
Some of the other blokes on here have done driveway rebuilds and are mind blowing cars by the end of it, Just goes to show you dont need the best of everything to build the best.

im gonna stick to this thread, cant wait to see how it pans out. Great work so far

Cheers

Thanks, bit harder on my driveway to because i live on the side of the gib in bowral.....So it's on a slope which you cant see in the photo. Got an extra block at the front to try and level it out.
But can't complain, i got the car i wanted.

Anyways, Might take photo's of all pipes/gearbox and stuff later today.

#14 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

mmmk more photo's of stuff

Holley (350)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It leaked fuel was at the swap meat.....(forgot the name) and saw 2 su's pretty cheap so i bought em.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bought an old jack off ebay- works well

Posted Image

Old gauges that came with car

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wanted to get gtr ones with amp and all them so i got that too

Posted Image

Random pics of some of the gaurds

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bits and peices

Posted Image
Old bushes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thinking of getting celica gearbox or a new reco m20

Need new stearing rack (said the mechanic)

Posted Image

Posted Image

SHED SPACE!!!!

Posted Image
(going in there when its done, Brothers ford lazer can go to the tip for all i care)

The driveway-
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

I now know why people by Sand blasting cabinets, Fricken hell that was crazy.

Anways, thinking of getting dad to make me a fuel tank, He has the paperwork and everything to do it......Just a matter of getting him to do it for me :/

#16 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

i dont know what it is about seeing pictures of parts of the car but it really excites me. i really need to get off my ass and go to a swap meet.

this is very interesting, even more so with the tremendous progress you seem to be making, you are putting my build to shame

#17 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

i dont know what it is about seeing pictures of parts of the car but it really excites me. i really need to get off my ass and go to a swap meet.

this is very interesting, even more so with the tremendous progress you seem to be making, you are putting my build to shame

I got that stuff a while ago....su's are prob my most recent, That was at the all holden day. (few months back or something, forgot the oval it was at, But the frOcking helicopter pissed me off)

I got $1500 ive been saving for a while which will hopefully allow me to get the car blasted, But dad would rather it get painted sooner rather then later after its blasted so he thinks i should get a bit more money in the bag..........

But im doing alright for a 17 year old with a casual job :)

And it's not really putting yours to shame, ive had it for over 2 years or so.....Only just getting into it now really after looking through the other threads.

Help alot if my parents paid for something D:<

Hopefully the engines comming out tomorrow or sunday- (raining at the momment so it better stop)
Get some pics of whatever we decide to do, Might have to do it off the back of the ute because of the slope.

I got 10000 pics of just about every part the came out of the car if you want to see them, Can't really be bothered though because it will take forever.

Edited by Hamo, 15 October 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#18 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

God its anoying not being able to edit old threads......

Anyways this is the photobucket, I might gradualy add pics of things like seats and stuff.....

http://s1130.photobu...532/Torana1993/

(sorry about not organising it ahaha)

Edited by Hamo, 15 October 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#19 _SnotGobbler_

_SnotGobbler_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

hey
flicked through ya photobucket.. its like looking at my build except your in orange brown, not blue
is that a wood hole saw used to cut the drain plug hole in ya floor? lol

#20 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

good on ya bud, for a 17yo with a casual job your rolling in it. i know people much older than you with fulltime jobs who spend it faster than you can get it, good on ya for having some self control over your finances. good luck, btw ended up doing some work on my own after reading your thread, keep me motivated haha!!

cheers

#21 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

hey
flicked through ya photobucket.. its like looking at my build except your in orange brown, not blue

pssh yea lol

good on ya bud, for a 17yo with a casual job your rolling in it. i know people much older than you with fulltime jobs who spend it faster than you can get it, good on ya for having some self control over your finances. good luck, btw ended up doing some work on my own after reading your thread, keep me motivated haha!!

cheers

i work....1-2 times every few weeks, But hopefully i don't have to pay tax....Plus i don't have to pay rent and all that bullshit so it's easy. I'll keep trying to motivate you haha

Anyways i dunno if one of the garage pics there but grandma was over for lunch and i said if she wanted a free table just so i could have some more garage space and she said yes if i cleaned her garage out....

So neext week end hopefully the garage will have much more space and i can work on my engine in there.

Also the weathers shithouse today so once again taking out my engine is on hold for now.

#22 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

hey

pssh yea lol

cheers

i work....1-2 times every few weeks, But hopefully i don't have to pay tax....Plus i don't have to pay rent and all that bullshit so it's easy. I'll keep trying to motivate you haha

Anyways i dunno if one of the garage pics there but grandma was over for lunch and i said if she wanted a free table just so i could have some more garage space and she said yes if i cleaned her garage out....

So neext week end hopefully the garage will have much more space and i can work on my engine in there.

Also the weathers shithouse today so once again taking out my engine is on hold for now.

It wasn't quite snowing so you should have got it out, :surrenderwave: haha

#23 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

we had sleet here for about a minute one cloud this morning blew over from the west freezing the sun was out while it was happening it snowed at goulburn and marulan.i could see the snow in those clouds.did you get any at the vale?
hamo when can i come and see your car?
i need a motivation coach or rocket up my you know, as said above 10 out of 10 for effort so far . :clappin: on the side of the gib that is a big ask. :clap:

#24 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

hey

pssh yea lol

cheers

It wasn't quite snowing so you should have got it out, :surrenderwave: haha

Not my fault, Plus gran came for lunch....Today we went out to a mates farm, next week we doing something to get the table out of the garage on sat and going to a 40th birthday on sunday D:
But i got no whre to put it so its ok...

we had sleet here for about a minute one cloud this morning blew over from the west freezing the sun was out while it was happening it snowed at goulburn and marulan.i could see the snow in those clouds.did you get any at the vale?
hamo when can i come and see your car?
i need a motivation coach or rocket up my you know, as said above 10 out of 10 for effort so far . :clappin: on the side of the gib that is a big ask. :clap:

You can see it when its finished :)
For the motivation......Not really something you should ask a teenager.

#25 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

Posted Image

20 metre long compressor hose is stupid-

SOOOOOOO

Posted Image

Bought new one.

I'm bored so here is the garage At this second.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
That table Is going next saturday (hopefully or ill kill someone)

Posted Image

And 50/50 chance of those green chairs and that box thing (no idea what it was for)

Posted Image

Then i asked if i could cut this down to make room for a covered area for my car......But that aint gonna happen says mum.

(photo's didnt edit right, sorry if they're to big)

Edited by Hamo, 18 October 2010 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users