- - - - -

Lj 4 door

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#26 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

haha i have the same hose but in 30 meters!! thanks supercrap auto.

when i get bored i usually get stuck into cleaning/re arranging/organizing. i know its weird but yeah, have a go you might be surprised, make some room!

#27 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

I use "graze on" or "round up" type glocophosphate to make all kinds of trees/bushes, weeds become non viable then cut/slash, burn or convert to firewood,
you are getting lot more done than me and I have great sheds and concrete floors but I started out same with boats and cars in the driveway

#28 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

haha i have the same hose but in 30 meters!! thanks supercrap auto.

when i get bored i usually get stuck into cleaning/re arranging/organizing. i know its weird but yeah, have a go you might be surprised, make some room!

Well the table....Ive been trying to get rid of that for 5 frOcking years But it was mums table when she was a kid and she is attached to it or some crap....I told grandma on the weekend its in my way and she said to put it in her garage, She has also put atleast 500 bucks towards the car for me :)

I use "graze on" or "round up" type glocophosphate to make all kinds of trees/bushes, weeds become non viable then cut/slash, burn or convert to firewood,
you are getting lot more done than me and I have great sheds and concrete floors but I started out same with boats and cars in the driveway

If i killed it, I would prob get killed too lol.

But yea i'd like a larger shed though, car leaks in the rain.....Wish i could move out or buy a farm with a large shed.............BUT CANT COMPLAIN!

#29 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

Got a new m20 gearbox reco'd.....Should have it sundy afternoon or something (take pics when it gets here)
So much for my idea of a celica haha.

Got 5 ideas on paint now....Heading towards blue.

#30 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

Beat the rain today to get rid of the shit in the garage....(yay) Still got a bit more cleaning, Dads craps in the way now but we're going to put that in the other garage wer the ford lazer is.

Before-
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 of the bikes we're gonna sell which are raciing bikes, Some saw thing dads got and some other crap......Eventully i will fit my engine in ther.

#31 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

got new gearbox...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dunno if i posted this but the car came with a lame jack out of a newer model car, Like the scissor ones....I wanted to go a bit more original with it so i got one of these.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Worked on the ford ranger pretty well.

Edited by Hamo, 31 October 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#32 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Took Side windows out today, and bought and engine stand hopefully going to organise to borrow the engine lifter shortly then i just gotta figure out a way of getting it to neil freemans (sand blaster).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Rear windows had some weird blue tack looking shit stopping the window going down further.

Pics of everything

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

engine stand is the best thing you can buy. beats wheeling your engine around on a dolly with wood offcuts holding it upright.

although mine is a three legged one. heard a lot of horror story's about it.

#34 _SnotGobbler_

_SnotGobbler_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

good to see lotsa pics

making good progress.. i think your about even with my build .. give or take
dont have as much pics as you though

#35 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

engine stand is the best thing you can buy. beats wheeling your engine around on a dolly with wood offcuts holding it upright.

although mine is a three legged one. heard a lot of horror story's about it.

Yea me and dad wer thinking of making our own, But we've got a lot of help from auto pro in mittangong and we didn't really have much material to make it so we bought it there. PLUS they gave us like a 40 dollar discount. I was also thinking of getting the ones with the lifter and engine stand combined, But i figured it would be a bit weird to use it and i still don't have much garage space, And dads mate has one that he said we could borrow sooo yea only going to use it a couple times, When i move out ill get proper shit for myself :)

good to see lotsa pics

making good progress.. i think your about even with my build .. give or take
dont have as much pics as you though

Yea at the begining dad sorta made me take a lot of pics, Being 17 its my first project (hopefully will do more down the track) so it's good to sorta remember all the parts and what not.

ANYWAYS
Hopefully take engine out this week or next, Weather is shithouse at the momment apparently there was ment to be hail as big as golf balls but i highly doubt that will happen in bowral due to the fact is a shithole.

Planning on putting the car on a trailer to take it to Mr freeman (sand blaster) Just jack it up and try put it on somehow was dads plan (thinks it will be easy).

Still haven't worked out a colour if anyone has suggestions and pictures to give me ideas, Thers to many to choose from.
Also still having trouble finding gtr wiring loom for the dash if anyone can help me out with that to.

Now i have to turn the computer off because of the storm apparently-
Cheers

Edited by Hamo, 08 November 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#36 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

Mate credit to your labeling and photos of everything. Trust me it makes it a whole lot easier putting it back together. Especially when you think a build will be a few months and it turns into a few years like mine. :)

Also the sandblasting Idea is good. I spent hour and hours sanding mine back.

Car is coming along nicely.

#37 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

Mate credit to your labeling and photos of everything. Trust me it makes it a whole lot easier putting it back together. Especially when you think a build will be a few months and it turns into a few years like mine. :)

Also the sandblasting Idea is good. I spent hour and hours sanding mine back.

Car is coming along nicely.

Yea nearly gone through 2 rolls or tape hahaha.
Got heaps of boxes in the garage with bolts and stuff in them too, Kinda running out of them though so im gonna have to try find some more or drink more gatorade powder and what ever.
Yea sandblasting i was always going to do, the guy who is doing it is a family friend to, which is a good thing, He said we might be able to organised to do it on the weekend sometime.
cheers

Another prob dumb question, What are the best flutes to buy?
I've seen about 3 different ones and im buggered if i know which ones the easiest.

Should be getting a paycheck soon of 8 days work or something...Should give me a bit of cash Should prob pay double seen as we had to dig holes 600x600x600 under a house you couldn't even stand up in.

Give me around 2600 or something, gotta ask for some prices on paint and what not.

If any of that made no sense, im to tired to care at the momment.

Edited by Hamo, 09 November 2010 - 05:08 PM.

#38 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

Finally took the engine out, Cloudy late afternoon but we got it out horray.

Anyways heaps pics again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Back under cover for the rain to come.
Didn't get it on the engine stand, Got no bolts for it.

Posted Image

Worlds shittest guard dogs.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m532/Torana1993/

Edited by Hamo, 13 November 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#39 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

Found myself some speakers for my car whilst looking for the old tv cause or other one blew up.

Haven't even been opened. Apparently dad was going to put them in his HR about 20 years or more ago when he had it but never got around to it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

vintage speakers, i love it

#41 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

vintage speakers, i love it

I'd prob get new ones but thers nothing wrong with these and i kinda like them for some odd reason. ( dad said ther actully 30 years old )

Anyways more pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

New stuff:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Hamo, 16 November 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#42 _SnotGobbler_

_SnotGobbler_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

keep the pics coming. not going nolathane bushes i see.. whats that your using instead?

though i wonder how much time it takes for photos.. thought of doing it, but by the time you gotta clean ya hands so the camera dont get filthy, then take pics every diff stage, id never get very far lol

#43 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

What are the tapered rollers for? Redoing the pinion on the diff or something?

#44 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

look like wheel bearings for the front heath

#45 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

keep the pics coming. not going nolathane bushes i see.. whats that your using instead?

though i wonder how much time it takes for photos.. thought of doing it, but by the time you gotta clean ya hands so the camera dont get filthy, then take pics every diff stage, id never get very far lol

Yea nolathane cost a bit more and i didn't really see the point in them to be honest.
Photo's are easy just use a spair rag, or get someone else to take them.

What are the tapered rollers for? Redoing the pinion on the diff or something?

Front bearing (as orangeLJ said)

#46 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Oh yeah, that makes a lot more sense. I couldn't even remember where else a car had bearings like that :Headbang2:

#47 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Missed out on some light surrounds on ebay going cheap ;[

Posted Image

Posted Image

Home made springs clamps (looking through all my old photo's)

#48 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got back from work (at seven frOcking thirty), to find my gtr wiring loom/with panel.
I got my other intrument panel so ill mix and match parts to get a better one.
Might sell of the bits i do not use.

#49 _hp179block_

_hp179block_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

First off - really handy that you had taken a photo of the front quarter windows! I've just been trying to remember what order the nylon washers go onto the lower pivot after 5 years of having them put away in a box, now its refreshed my memory.

I noticed the picture you had of the front stub axle bearings and the rubber backing seal - if you still have the original ones (with the rubber bonded onto the steel disc) I'd personally keep them and reuse them instead of the rubber ones. I don't really like them and the steel ones are so much easier to fit.

HP179block

#50 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

First off - really handy that you had taken a photo of the front quarter windows! I've just been trying to remember what order the nylon washers go onto the lower pivot after 5 years of having them put away in a box, now its refreshed my memory.

I noticed the picture you had of the front stub axle bearings and the rubber backing seal - if you still have the original ones (with the rubber bonded onto the steel disc) I'd personally keep them and reuse them instead of the rubber ones. I don't really like them and the steel ones are so much easier to fit.

HP179block

Glad we could help, i got so many photo's it isn't funny.

And ill keep what you said about the rubber seal in mind for when i put it all back together, which hopefully will be before this time next year.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users