Redwall Tyres should I or shouldn't I?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hi all I have been seriously thinking of getting my tyres Redwalled I don't know why but just love the look of them.I know that the xu1s didn't come out with them but just like the look of them specially on the Nibless rims.
Has anyone else have Redwalls on there xu1 or know any???
cheers Dane

#2 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

i really like them as well,

are they aqua jet remakes,is that what tyre 73 xu1,s used?

#3 _nzgtrxu1_

_nzgtrxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

I wonder the same thing. I run 13x8 & 13x9 sprintmasters with 215 & 235 50 13 on my blue car & reckon theyd just look even more period with a red wall.

Attached Files

#4 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

i really like them as well,

are they aqua jet remakes,is that what tyre 73 xu1,s used?

Just normal Tyres Craig.

#5 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Heres a car that I drool over sometimes.
http://australianmus...2-lj-xui-torana

#6 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

You can get your tyres done in Sydney , my 11/70 GTR came out with them .

#7 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:39 PM

Hi Dane,o if you do decide to go with the redwall look give this guy a ring, Scott harrison at RedVan on 0417 264 889
Its a mobile service, they will come to you.

Tell him Wayne with the white T401 sent you.

#8 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

You can get your tyres done in Sydney , my 11/70 GTR came out with them .

Hi Bruce
I have herd on the grape vine that there is a Sydney bloke that comes up to Newcastle way if he gets enough to do on the day.
Wouldn't mind knowing who this bloke is???

Hi Dane,o if you do decide to go with the redwall look give this guy a ring, Scott harrison at RedVan on 0417 264 889
Its a mobile service, they will come to you.

Tell him Wayne with the white T401 sent you.

Thanks Wayne would he come to the Newcastle area??

#9 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

I think they do travel around a bit,worth a phone call mate, he,s a nice bloke and he ownes an LJ.

#10 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

Redwall - frOcking horn IMO.

Cheers.

#11 blake

blake

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Name:Blake

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

i recently herd of people being defected in adelaide for having redwalls because coppers belive it takes the strength outa the sidewall, thats is true in a sense but still a load of sh*t. you know how many GT's monaros and xu1s and all types of cars that contain redwalls. i rekon go for em dane, they look sik, and fit the cars era.

Cheers Blake

#12 _ck1971_

_ck1971_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:18 AM

Stick with the standard black side walls that's how the factory made em. Red walls were not very common in the XU-1 era, it's an urban myth to say they fit the era. If it was a GTR it would be a different story.

#13 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

Redwall Tyres is the guy I use. His name is Sam and he owns a gun metal grey LJ GTR.

He was at Toranafest and does a great job for a reasonable price. He did talk to a few guys about arranging a day to come up to Newcastle. Or you can come to him at Peakhurst and just bring your rims/tyres.

I'm not fussed if they came out 'in the day' - I just like them!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CraigA, 23 October 2010 - 06:04 AM.

#14 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

thay do seem to match the red car craig, and i would like to get mine done in the loneoranger to match my car

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

it would look sic,, but it really comes down to the owner and what he wants.i think thay suit the lc better than the would the lj, as to the red centre caps to black ones.
cheers gong

Edited by BATHURST-32D, 23 October 2010 - 07:10 AM.

#15 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

Thats the only thing I'm worrying about, how they would look on my car being Sunburst Met.

#16 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

I thought the GTR was in the XU1 era ,These are the factory tyres on my GTR .
Posted Image

#17 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

I think they will look great on the sunburst metallic i say do it
Posted Image

#18 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

I must say, CraigA and BATHURST-32D Have two of the best examples i have seen, ever, but in different contexts.

If its good enough for them, just farking do it!!!

Cheers.

#19 _Mike73_

_Mike73_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

Stick with the standard black side walls that's how the factory made em. Red walls were not very common in the XU-1 era, it's an urban myth to say they fit the era. If it was a GTR it would be a different story.

I agree with you, LC's XU-1's may have had them but as the original writer said LJ's never had them, and if you dion't believe, read a LJ Build sheet it clearly states which ones should have them on these documents.

If you want to start to customise your very popular and in demand collector car, sell it to someobne who cares about originality and buy yourself a WRX rice grinder or something, these cars are special for what they are, not what can be modified!

#20 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

I agree with you, LC's XU-1's may have had them but as the original writer said LJ's never had them, and if you dion't believe, read a LJ Build sheet it clearly states which ones should have them on these documents.

If you want to start to customise your very popular and in demand collector car, sell it to someobne who cares about originality and buy yourself a WRX rice grinder or something, these cars are special for what they are, not what can be modified!

Mike I don't know how you can say the word modified when they are just tyres and can be changed in 10 minutes its not like I'm changing the operation of the car.
And don't talk to me about originality,I have restored this car as close as possible to original.
Thanks for your comment.

#21 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

well im sorry mike73 you are wrong mate, it would not be on the build sheet has it was a dealler fitted option,,, do we need proof????
your words where abit harsh to dane dont you think...

cheers gong

Edited by BATHURST-32D, 23 October 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#22 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

You sir are a frOcking tosser.

Cheers.

#23 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,127 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

Just do it dane at the end of the day its your car mate imho i think they would look good on your car break up those shiny dress trims you got
cheers gene.

#24 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Ease up. Blokes started modifying them the day they drove them off the showroom floor!!!

Everyone has got a different take on it and if you like them original "as built" then good for you. I can respect that but please extend the same level of respect to those who don't share your stamp collector type enthusiam.

By the way, want to buy some '72 heater cover washers? As per "original" Brisbane factory,shift 3, October build only. :Headbang2:

Edited by CraigA, 24 October 2010 - 06:42 AM.

#25 _march17_

_march17_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

Hi Dane,Like you said when you asked the question,(just love the look),do it cause you know you love it (it's YOUR car built YOUR way)and if you didn't happen to like you can always flip to the inside,it's not like you have to throw the tyres away.And BTW without even seeing your car I know it will make thousands DROOOOOOLcheers Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users