Redwall Tyres should I or shouldn't I?

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

don,t let mike73 remarks bother you dane,o,he has no respect.

i hardly think a red pin stripe on a tyre is modified,and so what about modified collectables,usually means it has been changed to suit the owners taste,as i have done with my car.

i don,t rag out people for keeping there cars standard.

#27 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

hey dane...if you like that look, do it mate...dont worry what mike said
as bomber watson hit the nail on the head with his quote!!!!
and they have more colours than just red..maybe goldwall for ya golden holden!!!

#28 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

You guys really are a bad influence, look what you made me go and do

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

that sure looks nice bomber, love your work.dane post the pics of the original red walls on the 72 cars in the leaflet, go on i need a laugh.

cheers gong

#30 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:12 PM

Thanks to all that have commented bar 1,Bomber you have inspired me like everyone else and I'm going to do it.After Crissy :spoton:
Gong,I don't know what his mission is???But between him and his Mexican mate,sounds like there trying to believe what they cerate. :wtf:
cheers Dane
Attached File  red walls.jpg   220.9K   4 downloads

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 24 October 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#31 GTR469

GTR469

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

Good decision Dane it will look great.

PS did you photoshop the rear spoiler and XU1 stickers of that car. :surrenderwave:

#32 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

no he never GTR469, when thay done the 72 brouche of the xu1 thay photoshop the spoiler and xu1 stickers onto the car,, but there is the proof that the lj did have redwalls.

http://www.gmh-toran...showtopic=49132

hahiha

cheers gong

Edited by BATHURST-32D, 25 October 2010 - 06:19 AM.

#33 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

hahahaha...that goose mike73 got it wrong again!!!! :sucker: eat humble pie dude :sucker: hahaha
seen his ebay advert of 186 block today???? me thinks his really the HILLBILLY!!!
your car will look a treat dane'o with redwalls....see ya soon at daves paint shop mate....

#34 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

ha ha hillbilly!!! hes back!
yeah mate definately go redwalls...i reckon they look fantastic on old cars.
gives a nice period oldschool tuff look.

#35 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

did someone say HILLYBILLY,,, :nudie: <<<<< there he is quick grab that lighter smiley :spoton:

cheers gong

#36 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

G/day Dane

I have to agree with almost everyone, the red walls will give that finishing touch to a fantastic XU1. Top work mate you should be proud.

Here's the GTR version of that promo picture.
Posted Image

Cheers
Dave

#37 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

Dane hi the red walls will look a treat on a sunburst xu1,
theres no reason why u cant have both , red wall and black wall, easly swapped over at any time,
or do as i do, i have sprintmasters on my cars, because they look good, i also have a spare set of the nibbless wheels, i just simply swap them around
when it suits me, u can have the best of both worlds, the red walls and the black wall tyres,
either way u cant go wrong, your sunburst xu1 will look fantastic either way,
my 2 bobs worth anyway

regards aldo

#38 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

Hi Dane,

I put on red walls on my tyres in 2003,i love that factory look,and i also love that 70's look also,it make the cars tyres stand out in a crowd,and they will look nice dane when its done on your wheels for your car.

Regards John.

#39 _Mike73_

_Mike73_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hi Mike here,
sorry about that, sorry for trying to get my facts right, I prefer to look at documents rather than promotional artwork that deviates away from how they were.
That GTR brochure was doctored for the XU-1 promotion so who knows if they doctored that GTR brochure too.

I have not seen a XU-1 brochure for the 73 GTR or XU-1 but some of the specifications did change.
Does anyone know if there was a proper sales brochure for the 73 models or was it just another photo shop solution?

I am well and truely over taking an artist or motoring writers views as being accurate.

I suppose early LJ's might have had red walls, but the build sheets for the Bathurst 72 does not quote them, and the Bathurst 73 Build sheets don't, in fact they are recorded as high performance black walls.
Does anyone actually have a build sheet that quotes red walls for a early LJ?

Didn't know you guys could be so childish,

Mike

Edited by Mike73, 28 October 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#40 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

Ohhh Mike, Go on a holiday Buddy, seems like you need one!!!
Bit up tight, you think???
Cheers.

Edited by UFO XU1, 28 October 2010 - 08:17 PM.

#41 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

The red walls look good. They really set of a LC/J of any model.

Steve

#42 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:51 PM

I rang up a original owner of a 5/72 lone o'ranger xu-1 ,he bought it as a demo,but it came with original tyres,dunlop superwide sovereigh BH 70 radials,and no red walls on those tyres,he also said some xu-1s had them and others didn't,and in 1973 they were putting dunlop aqua jet radials on the xu-1s and they had no red walls either.

Cheers John.

#43 _Mike73_

_Mike73_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

Ohhh Mike, Go on a holiday Buddy, seems like you need one!!!
Bit up tight, you think???
Cheers.

Talk about me being up tight! at least I am admitting there might be a tiny sepc of a possibility that there may have been a tyre over run from the LC, are you going to admit you might be wrong?

Mike

#44 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

MIKE I don't know who you were refering to as being childish,me or people that have commented???Mate YOUR the childish one here with your first comment.Your realy turning into a Forum pest and people on here are disliking you quick.
PULL YOUR FOCKING HEAD IN.

#45 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:49 AM

They look awesome. Whether they come on your car Dane'o, who knows, and who cares. In the end a full resto needs some personal touch. If you like them and think they would suit your car (which I think they would) then do it!

#46 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:38 AM

ok has i said before thay where a dealler fitted option, and if you all wanted proof i would give it to you, now im not talking doctored up brochures,,, heres a short story to go with it.

a gentleman goes into a showroom to buy a lc gtr 2600s torana,, the man says have a look at this little gem
Posted Image
folk yeh she is nice
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
are you keen to buy the car sir,,, wait there a minute but can i sit in there and have a feel of her? sure you can
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
you have gotto be happy with that, dont you??? well the only thing im not happy with is it need redwall tyres, well would you buy it if i can get the on for you??? most deffently
Posted Image
Posted Image
well there you go buddy how does that look, yeh great i will take it,,, to easy and what was your name johnny and do you have a last name johnny getthatupyas

cheers gong

#47 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

Great post John.

And that's the point perfectly illustrated. What came from the factory doesn't always represent what drove off the dealers showroom floor.

Mike, if you are trying to make us all have cars EXACTLY like they left the factory then you are chasing the impossible dream.

If you want to start to customise your very popular and in demand collector car, sell it to someobne who cares about originality and buy yourself a WRX rice grinder or something, these cars are special for what they are, not what can be modified!

If it suits you to chase 'as factory'' then fine. I can respect that. I don't understand it but it surely doesn't suit me and that my friend is my choice not yours.

And remember, if you are prepared to have a shot at people then you need to be doubly prepared to cop what comes back. Life is like that.

#48 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

LOL John :spoton:

So much fuss and feathers over a set of frocking tyres that can be changed in a matter of 5 mins.

Personally I like the red walls.

Cheers
Herne

#49 ss77

ss77

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

ROFLMAO
Absolute classic post, one of your best.
Johnny Getthatupyas HaHa HaHa

#50 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

ok has i said before thay where a dealler fitted option, and if you all wanted proof i would give it to you, now im not talking doctored up brochures,,, heres a short story to go with it.

a gentleman goes into a showroom to buy a lc gtr 2600s torana,, the man says have a look at this little gem
Posted Image
folk yeh she is nice
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
are you keen to buy the car sir,,, wait there a minute but can i sit in there and have a feel of her? sure you can
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
you have gotto be happy with that, dont you??? well the only thing im not happy with is it need redwall tyres, well would you buy it if i can get the on for you??? most deffently
Posted Image
Posted Image
well there you go buddy how does that look, yeh great i will take it,,, to easy and what was your name johnny and do you have a last name johnny getthatupyas

cheers gong

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users