mates LJ GTR XU1

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

MMMMMmmm your giving me ideas,might have to get rid of the pool table and put the XU1 in my games room.
Nice pic.
cheers Dane

#77 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Lol, how cool woild that be, sit in the car and watch tv !

#78 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

many years ago i kept my hk monaro inside,

and use to watch tv in it sometimes,they where the days,rent a house and trash it.

#79 _nicko61_

_nicko61_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

its the original loungeroom while he built second storey in the 70's now basically the games room for 5 or 6 years after removing Torry till yesterday when car went back inside, there is two doors into house so this entrance is being locked off so no-one is tempted to squeeze past car scratching it, the upstairs area has big loungeroom and patio,downstairs is basically a two bedroom flat and his son moved out last year so car is not in anyones way,took 5 hours to get car inside as its a mission removing doors and frame from house

#80 _xuidave_

_xuidave_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

Very nice looking car ! a credit to the owner !!

D.

#81 _Washy_

_Washy_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hello everyone very interesting read, reason why i say this i have just purchased a 4/12/73 orginally mustard yellow gtr, it has all the xu1 options, grill, xu1 brake booster, big tank, lsd xu1 head and cam and also the xu1 rocket cover decal, i also noticed it has the alumimiun deflector tray covering the sump bob tail tail lights rear spoiler i only just picked it up yesterday so i havent had a good look underneath as it has flat tyres and is pretty low to the ground so i cant get underneath it at this stage. All the numbers match up from all the tags and to the one stamped on the body. the model number comes up as lj82911 which denotes factory gtr but on that skinny tag right hand front corner it reads 8d11L which some of you guys are saying rare factory optioned gtr, havent got the tag in front of me for the rest of the numbers but im happy to share later on another interesting fact built 4/12/73 which was early on in the month but i have seen the vehicle master listing sheet servicing and reporting checklist and its 1 of the last ten gtrs to have been sold that year which makes me think it was either factory fitted xu1 options or even a gtrxu1 or xu1 as it was left hanging around in the workshop till the end of the month either iether i think i have quite a rare car and would appreciate any feedback on my question what is it and what would it be worth i think it still bears orginal number plates 6LJ- and has only 69990 which is very low milage for a car nearly 4o years old it has been pretty much been sitting in the shed for the last 15 years and i purchased it of a good friend cheers again people if you can help me on this curley question as i want to insure it for its true value as it may be a very unique car

Hello everyone very interesting read, reason why i say this i have just purchased a 4/12/73 orginally mustard yellow gtr, it has all the xu1 options, grill, xu1 brake booster, big tank, lsd xu1 head and cam and also the xu1 rocket cover decal, i also noticed it has the alumimiun deflector tray covering the sump bob tail tail lights rear spoiler i only just picked it up yesterday so i havent had a good look underneath as it has flat tyres and is pretty low to the ground so i cant get underneath it at this stage. All the numbers match up from all the tags and to the one stamped on the body. the model number comes up as lj82911 which denotes factory gtr but on that skinny tag right hand front corner it reads 8d11L which some of you guys are saying rare factory optioned gtr, havent got the tag in front of me for the rest of the numbers but im happy to share later on another interesting fact built 4/12/73 which was early on in the month but i have seen the vehicle master listing sheet servicing and reporting checklist and its 1 of the last ten gtrs to have been sold that year which makes me think it was either factory fitted xu1 options or even a gtrxu1 or xu1 as it was left hanging around in the workshop till the end of the month either iether i think i have quite a rare car and would appreciate any feedback on my question what is it and what would it be worth i think it still bears orginal number plates 6LJ- and has only 69990 which is very low milage for a car nearly 4o years old it has been pretty much been sitting in the shed for the last 15 years and i purchased it of a good friend cheers again people if you can help me on this curley question as i want to insure it for its true value as it may be a very unique car

#82 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I think that Aldo said there were a few late LJ GTR's built as in late 1973 with the XU-1 Stuff on them
not sure on value to a normal 1973 LJ GTR without the XU-1 Stuff, u would think some extra $$$$'s worth
But its a Bonus i guess to have the stuff on your Car from the Factory.

#83 _toranarama_

_toranarama_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

:threadjacked:

Hello everyone very interesting read.

Reason why I say this, is that I have just purchased a 4/12/73 originally mustard yellow GTR, it has all the XU-1 options, grill, XU-1 brake booster, big tank, LSD, XU-1 head and cam and also the XU-1 rocket cover decal.

I also noticed it has the alumimiun deflector tray covering the sump bob tail tail lights rear spoiler. I only just picked it up yesterday so I haven't had a good look underneath as it has flat tyres and is pretty low to the ground so I cant get underneath it at this stage.
All the numbers match up from all the tags and to the one stamped on the body. The model number comes up as LJ82911 which denotes factory GTR but on that skinny tag right hand front corner it reads 8d11L which some of you guys are saying rare factory optioned GTR.

Haven't got the tag in front of me for the rest of the numbers but I'm happy to share later on another interesting fact built 4/12/73 which was early on in the month but I have seen the vehicle master listing sheet servicing and reporting checklist and it's 1 of the last ten GTRs to have been sold that year which makes me think it was either factory fitted XU-1 options or even a GTR XU-1 or XU-1 as it was left hanging around in the workshop till the end of the month either.

Either I think I have quite a rare car and would appreciate any feedback on my question what is it and what would it be worth. I think it still bears original number plates 6LJ- and has only 69990 which is very low milage for a car nearly 4o years old. It has been pretty much been sitting in the shed for the last 15 years and I purchased it of a good friend cheers again people if you can help me on this curly question as I want to insure it for its true value as it may be a very unique car

$80 + k easily :spoton:

As for OPs dilemma, I'd wall the car in brick by brick - Much safer that way !

Very nice car & such a shame it doesn't get driven as all cars should be...

Edited by toranarama, 09 December 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#84 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

G/day and welcome to the forum Washy.

8D11L is a GTR, an XU1 would be 8D11P.

At the very least you have a genuine GTR, possibly with some factory fitted XU1 options. Bear in mind that all the XU1 parts you refer to could have easily been fitted to the car long after it left the factory.
Got any pics???

Cheers
Dave.

#85 _toranarama_

_toranarama_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

You forgot to say for him to post in the Introduction thread too :P

As did I - LOL

#86 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

Just seen u already posted in here washy......its a GTR.....for insurance or bragging purposes....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users