The Aussie Muscle Enthusiast magazine

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 _mattlea1_

_mattlea1_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

'The Aussie Muscle Enthusiast'

A new magazine showcasing the iconic Australian muscle cars from the 1960's, '70s and '80s that were released by Ford, Holden and Chrysler during the legendary days of the factory supercar. Exclusively informing the reader in detail, on exactly what made these cars special through quality stories, photography and design.

Fire-breathing V8-powered GT Falcons and GTS Monaros will be featured along side stove-hot multiple carburettor-powered six cylinder XU-1 Toranas and R/T Chargers with everything in between including SL/R 5000, A9X, Valiant Pacer, ESP Falcons and Brock Commodores to name a few.

The Aussie Muscle Enthusiast is a magazine where you are going to see a vast array of cars from concours restored examples, period correct modifications, to absolute survivor cars that are still wearing their original paint. As well as all that we are going to feature tribute cars that look as good as or if not better than the real thing. Special features on the muscle cars' little brothers such as the GS, Superbird and John Goss Falcons as well as General Motors offering of GTR and SS Toranas.

If you own a car that you think fits the criteria of the magazine then by all means send some details to [email protected]

Posted Image

#2 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

sounds like someone cashing in on Muscle car mag same cars same content same stories

Good to see someone joining the forums just to promote their product too

Jeeze I am a grumpy old bastard and so cynical too

oh well good luck Matt and I hope your mag is a success

#3 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

sounds like someone cashing in on Muscle car mag same cars same content same stories

Jeeze I am a grumpy old bastard and so cynical too

oh well good luck Matt and I hope your mag is a success

You weren't the only one thinking it Cruiza

#4 AbsynthHatch

AbsynthHatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Name:Mark

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Nothing wrong with a little competition is there?

#5 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Nothing wrong with a little competition is there?

Certainly not, if the last couple of editions of a certain magazine are anything to go by !!

#6 _fatlh5000_

_fatlh5000_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

I agree with you there Cruiza.

Otherwise, lets see what these guys can do.... maybe we have a new great magazine that we should be welcomming.

A little competition keeps everyones pencil sharp.

So advertising on the forum aside, welcome mattlea1 and your new creation.

Lets hope it captures the passion for all enthusiats.

Good Luck.

#7 _mattlea1_

_mattlea1_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

I was asked by management about what I thought the market was missing out on as far as magazines were concerned and I said "a magazine that concentrates on classic Aussie muscle from the 1960's, '70s and '80s". Now I am not talking about $200,000 trailer queen show cars that look nothing like what they originally were or 10 page articles on race cars which I am not against by the way however, im talking real Aussie Muscle cars from Concours restored examples, original unrestored to excellent replicas and everything in between and they agreed to go ahead with it. So yes I am going on forums looking for future feature cars and letting everyone know that this magazine is coming because if nobody knows about it and it does not sell then guess what? No more magazine, so I am doing all I can to make it a success. If I have offended anybody with my post then for that I apoligise.

#8 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

hi matt,

doesn,t sound to bad then,hope you get plenty of cars for your mag,as the other one i buy is boring me with to much of one type of badge,it would be good to get a fair variety,for all to appreciate.

#9 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

The other benefit is , it's not run by a knob . I never bought another , of the other one , after the Linamint LC with the Toyota battery clamp issue , and I am looking forward to this magazines release , and hoping it will be a bit more street related .

#10 _mattlea1_

_mattlea1_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

Its very street related and down to earth, some of the cars that we will be featuring are still daily drivers which I think is part of their appeal. The E49 R/T Charger that will be featured in the first issue has been with the same owner since the early '80s and is fitted with believe or not a six point alloy roll cage which a lot of people think is sacrilege but I think its cool as that's how these cars were back in the day, they were fun weekend warriors and not priceless classics. If you think something is not right or incorrect then by all means let me know as I do not claim to know everything but I do pride myself on doing as much research as I can before putting it into writing and have spent my entire working life in the automotive industry.

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

Im looking forward to grabbing a copy and having a read!

I'd like to see original, but also period modified!

#12 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

bring it on just dont let rocket in your mag or he'll get a big head.lol.like it that youll feature replicas of all descriptions.one thing i would love for you to do if your looking for niche markets is features on club events such as hillclimbs and supersprints where there is quite often a good mix of original examples and replicas of a wide range of makes and eras of aussie muscle in both road and race form still doing what they were built to do some 30/40 years on .sadly this seems to go without notice and report.and quite often ye olde marks give there newer cousins a good kick up the butt.i know your not an auto action style format but some pics of the old girls in action would be a good thing.
good luck with it

#13 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

The thing about concourse......... If you've seen one, you've seen all of them.
I like modified.
Street machine magazine focus on "elite" showcars and I find it boring. Those cars don't get driven.
That's why this forum is awesome, because we get to see real cars built by real people. And we can see how it was done.
Make a magazine like this site.
Just my opinion :)

#14 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

Rocket Rod get a big head, come on dont you think its large enough already

#15 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

I like modified.

Gotta agree with you on that one! HAHA!

I like how magazines like Extreme Holdens has actual street driven cars as well! Hopefully this mag shows has a nice balance of original (With great stories to back them up) and modified cars... I notice the HQ on the cover has some stuff poking out the bonnet! Thats what i like to see! HAHA!!

#16 _TJ355_

_TJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Can't wait to grab a copy sounds like its gonna be another great mag

#17 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

How about a free copy for every member here?

#18 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

Good luck with the mag, I've been buying Australian Muscle Car because I love the racing scene, but thats not for everyone so hopefully you will find a niche in the marketplace. May I suggest coming along to next years GMH Torana drag day at Heathcote. You'll get to meet some great guys and girls from here, and see some awesome cars as well.

#19 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

View PostKush, on 07 December 2010 - 10:48 PM, said:
I like modified.

Gotta agree with you on that one! HAHA!

but the time and effort that goes into restoring a car to its factory original condition will out way how easy it is to modify a car,,, but at times it would be easier just to mod.

cheers gong

#20 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:24 AM

and I know which one i would prefer to drive John

#21 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

and I know which one i would prefer to drive John

Ohhh yeah! Modified! Big angry engine, awesome brakes, suspension, comfy new interior and turns heads!!! :rockon:

#22 lcgtrrob

lcgtrrob

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

sounds good Matt,i've been buying the same magazine for 25plus years to look at streetmachines but now half the mag is full of ads,choppers,v8 supercars,dragcars,v8 tractors and whatever else you can think of.
I know some people like that sort of thing but the mag i'm refering to is meant to be about street cars and thats why i buy it,good luck with your mag--Rob

#23 _rallystripes_

_rallystripes_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Looking at whats on the cover of your first issue i for one will buy your mag.:)

#24 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

I'll certainly grab the first copy to have a read. I stopped buying the other one a while ago as I got a bit board with it after so many editions. Maybe you could feature some of the local muscle car clubs too. They do a lot to preserve the history of these great vehicles?

#25 _mattlea1_

_mattlea1_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

We are going to be doing club features, I have done them before where myself and a photographer go out to an organised area where there is enough room to spread the cars out and take group, car and owner shots with interviews etc and it turns out to be a good day however, it requires total commitment from the members to turn up on the day to make it a success with rain dates planned.
I am always open to listen to ideas that the readers have.

Edited by mattlea1, 08 December 2010 - 12:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users