Its starting to get annoying now

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hey guys!

Just coming home from the shopping then and YET AGAIN i had a random vehicle drug search... It's a genuine pain in the arse when you have this happen to you twice a week - and you dont touch drugs or anything related...

But to make matters worse, they were rude (surprise surprise), and they were rude to my girlfriend! I think i might start taking my camera with me so i can record this stuff... Show their bosses and the QLD Police Commissioner how rude and in-explicably annoying it is to be pulled over so often...

Questions like "Have you been in trouble with the police before", "Whats that in your boot" (its a spare tyre and nothing else)!! "Where do you live" (its written on my licence), "Have you had anything to drink today" (it's 2pm... GET REAL)!

I'm gettin sick of this...
Keith

Oh, and does it really take 3 people to pull 1 person over? This is a joke...

Edited by Keithy's_UC, 09 May 2006 - 02:51 PM.

#2 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

That more sounds like a case of them showing the trainee (the 3rd pigger) the ropes...

Did they put all your stuff back in the car? they have to by law...

Should really carry a digicam and record shit, just remember to tell them you are recording it!

#3 _Sammy_

_Sammy_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:17 PM

thats it, give them the "i am letting you know that i am going to record this conversation" like they do, i bet you will find they are alot nicer after that.

#4 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

lol, yeah..

All i had in the boot is a spare and subwoofer...

#5 _Pete_

_Pete_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

Its unfortunately part and parcel of owning a torana particularly one thats been looked after like yours that MAY not sound standard...

I used to get pulled over every night driving home from work years ago and it was always the same situation as your experiencing (i'm guessing 90% of people here have the same story). Mate all you can do is keep your cool and try and relax, I know its extremely difficult but in the end if they WANT to screw you over they can and there will be nothing you can do about it.

I'd always have my licence ready and offer to pop the bonnet and boot for them and you'll always have meatheads who want to bust ya chops but you'll probably encounter a few who will openly admit they're only doing it because they have been told to.

Chill out man, when you look a bit older they will leave you alone, its been years since ive been pulled over, only benefit of the hair going prematurely GREY!!!.

#6 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

do you have a sticker on the back saying....."I Bought This Car By Selling Drugs!!!"......man it would be annoying but just handle the situation very calmly....I havent heard of that being done in Adelaide.....yet.....

#7 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:10 PM

if its happening to you on a regular basis id say someone has had a word to the cops about you.

#8 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

just like pete said.
back when i was 18 I used to get pulled over every friday night in my XU1 and up with the bonnet and Id have to tell them the tripples are factory bla bla bla now that im older they dont even look at me let alone pull me over and harrass me all because im older (im still a shadey lookin bloke, just older). lol

cheers
GTR-XU1

#9 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

I am lucky as my local sergeant is my brother in law.

Edited by GML-31, 09 May 2006 - 07:31 PM.

#10 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

In 22.5 years of driving, I have NEVER been drug searched or tested. Mind you, I was "random" breath tested 9 times in 3 hours one night.

#11 _sway_

_sway_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

When i first started going out with my ex we had this problem - I was starting to wonder who the hell I had got myself involved with but it turned out of course that he was clean as a whistle. Just Panel Vans have bad reps,

The other good one was having maccas one night after work we decided to sit in the car in the loading dock just outside of the maccas carpark and being late (and me feeling a bit ill) I laid down on his lap for about 5 minutes to get my head together when I saw the flashing lights dancing on the roof. Not impressed to have a torch shone straight in may face and the next question was "Are you here of your own free will?"

Ok then! My poor ex, he loved that van but it only bought trouble from the long arm of the law.

Jadey

#12 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:21 PM

The only time I was pulled over in my panel vans was when I was doing something silly. I can honestly say that I was never questioned excessively whilst driving any of the vehicles I ever owned. Or whilst driving any vehicle I didn't own for that matter.

#13 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:44 PM

Good stories, but still doesnt solve the prob!!

I drive very responsibly. I'm not keen on thrashing the car on the street, nor do i drive dangerously - especially when my girlfriend is with me.

The only sticker on the rear of my car is the GMH-TORANA.COM one, a couple of small ones on the rear 1/4 fixed ones, but nothing attention grabbing... I have the sub in the boot for listening pleasure, but its never turned up loud (current CD in my CD player is a mix of creedence and crowded house etc)... And my exhaust is far from loud... My tyres are 2years old and still have over 50% tread, all my lights work, brakes dont squeak and are brand new basically, all my shocks/bushes/springs are brand new, no rust, no chips in the windscreen, no neon lights, it has LAMBSWOOL seatcovers (for cryin out loud)!! I dont wear a baseball cap, and i dont look like a hoon (more of a sensibly dressed young fella)!! I dont speed, dont run red lights, dont roll through a stop sign, dont use my horn, dont merge lanes at rapid rates, my shift light is set at 5850rpm and i change gears below 2000rpm every time...

I could guess you guys are getting the drift, but the so called 'authorities' dont seem to see it that way...

Keith

#14 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:50 PM

do you have a sticker on the back saying....."I Bought This Car By Selling Drugs!!!"......man it would be annoying but just handle the situation very calmly....I havent heard of that being done in Adelaide.....yet.....

Nah i haven't heard of it yet. I've had my license for over a year, and have only been pulled over once, and that was for a license check.

#15 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

maybe you should get the "cops are tops" sticker.

#16 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:03 AM

Nah i haven't heard of it yet. I've had my license for over a year, and have only been pulled over once, and that was for a license check.

yeah i have had mine for a while and been pulled over once from breatho down in Glenelg.....

#17 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

"Cops are Tops".... I'll approach the cop shop and see if they have any for sale!!!

#18 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

Well thats a new one for me. I've had plenty of random breath tests/rego checks etc. but never any random drug searches, never even heard of anyone having had one before.

#19 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

A mate of mine has had his affro searched one night when we were caught 'hooning' :P

A1

#20 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

When i first started going out with my ex we had this problem - I was starting to wonder who the hell I had got myself involved with but it turned out of course that he was clean as a whistle. Just Panel Vans have bad reps,

The other good one was having maccas one night after work we decided to sit in the car in the loading dock just outside of the maccas carpark and being late (and me feeling a bit ill) I laid down on his lap for about 5 minutes to get my head together when I saw the flashing lights dancing on the roof. Not impressed to have a torch shone straight in may face and the next question was "Are you here of your own free will?"

Ok then! My poor ex, he loved that van but it only bought trouble from the long arm of the law.

Jadey

who's head was getting......

#21 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

I have been pulled over a few times,just so the police can have a look.
Usually,if u be polite and offer them a look they you leave with a smile and nothing else.Only once have i been warned for having a holley carb and the pollution gear not hooked up properly.
It is annoying but its life.
Damo

#22 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

Im up for getting a "Cops are Tops" sticker made up :)

#23 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:43 PM

The stickers should also have on them"proudly supported by gmh-torana.com" we might be left alone.

Just to give you some of my experiences;

Back when i had my cordia, i was going out with a girl in Bossley Park, my trip home was always through Merrylands. This was around the time that every second person in Merrylands had a Cordia Turbo. Anyway i would get pulled over night after night by the same Police officers, no matter which back roads i took, it was like they were lookng for me! I got asked the same question and they searched the car everytime!

Another experience was when i had my last torrie, i got followed home and had my uncle with me, it was late at night but anyway i pulled into my driveway and they blocked me in and turned the lights and siren on. They came up to me and i handed my licence to them, the first question was "Do you live at this address?' my reply tongue in cheek was i am here arent i? Is this your vehicle? My reply No its my mums car (was under her name) police officers reply was dont be smart with me son, i welcomed him to check so he did, by now the whole street was out checking what had happened, he carrried on for 15 more minutes asking random questions and then said all is ok bye.

I have nothing against the authorities, i know people in the force and i have met some genuinly nice police officers, even been pulled over to admire my car and not pick on me. But its the minor few that spoil it for everyone.

#24 _big chris_

_big chris_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

Hey,
here is another idea,
put a crime stoppers sticker under the GMH torana one,
see what effect that has.
Cheers
Chris.

#25 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:51 AM

only ever heard of cops doin this on the way to summernats, and other car festivals. My brother is a bit of a nosy prick and is in the volunteer firebrigade, one nite we were out kruisin in the old girl and i got pulled up at an RBT, the bloke askd me to pull into the inspection area after i passed the RBT, but then my brother started havin a yarn (turns out they knew each other from a car accident a year back and the officer was pissed that he was loosin his holden and gettin a ford for a patrol car) after that he let me go with a "dont drive like a penut, there are alot of us out tonight" lesson learnt here... it pays to be a nosy bastard, or atleast the brother of one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users