Old's Cool Car Cruise

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 _Flatliner_

_Flatliner_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hi All,

What a fantastic day was had by all who attended the run yesterday, the official number was 112 cars which was our biggest turn out since we started hosting the cruise.
The goodies bags were a great success with everyone entering getting a free 1:64 scale torana donated by Bianti plus a heap of other stuff.
There are some more pictures from the day on our web site at www.torrietorque.com and with the numbers building each year we may need to find a bigger starting point next year.
If you did go on the run hope you had a good time and keep an eye out for it again next year on Sunday 25th March 2012.

Cheers Rob

#27 tofly308

tofly308

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:LX SS

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

the vehicle with the broken wheel nut was one of the nicest toranas ive seen and was gaining plenty of attention, and u managed to pick on it for a broken stud??? i know the owner, the stud broke that morning while checking wheel nut tension. he has had a look at the stud and it is central in the hole. 4 more wheel nuts, all good. seen plenty of cars running around missing a wheel nut. as long as u don't leave it too long to replace. Andy, did u get any more pics of the car? if u do, can u chuck em up and i can print them off for the owner? Cheers

#28 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

the vehicle with the broken wheel nut was one of the nicest toranas ive seen and was gaining plenty of attention, and u managed to pick on it for a broken stud??? i know the owner, the stud broke that morning while checking wheel nut tension. he has had a look at the stud and it is central in the hole. 4 more wheel nuts, all good. seen plenty of cars running around missing a wheel nut. as long as u don't leave it too long to replace. Andy, did u get any more pics of the car? if u do, can u chuck em up and i can print them off for the owner? Cheers

I am not picking on the car or the owner I am trying the prevent an accident. It would be a shame to see the car destroyed because someone was naive enough to think it is safe to drive with broken wheel studs.

Driving the car with only four studs is extremely dangerous. There is something seriously wrong with the studs, the wheel or the person with the wheel brace if the studs snapped while checking wheel nut tension. How close to snapping do you think the other four studs are?

I could not get a decent picture of the car as the cars were parked too close together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users