enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Eventually I'll extend the scoop back to the rear edge of the bonnet how it was and you'll hardly notice it's been extended I reckon

Yeah, LITRE8 had to do something like that :D

Posted Image

#77 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:15 AM

That's along those lines..ya....lol Posted Image

#78 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Thought I'd share a few other pics from along the build for the curious...

Here is how I mounted my fuel pump and pre-filter. (I have a filter after the pump too)

You can see how I mounted it to the drop tank, and as well how the lines attach to the car. I used -8AN for the feed line and -6AN for the return. (up to the Aeromotive regulator on the firewall) I have flex line from the tank going to the hard line mounted on the body.

Attached Files

#79 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

And battery mount...I moved it to this side, so I would have been room for the air cleaner on the other side, and made wiring somewhat easier since the starter is on this side as well. I moved the engine bay wiring around to hide most of it, and was easier having the battery over here to get the main power feed for the car on this side as well. It's a tight fit to the radiator you can see, but it's in !

Can also see some of the A/C lines I made to try and hide them as much as possible too. The 2 short lines here are the only ones visable, the rest are hidden.

Attached Files

#80 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

Oh, for my clutch master cylinder... I found a GM clutch master that as a perfect angle to mount on the firewall, that used a remote reservoir. I was going to just use the one from the 2000 Camaro the engine/trans was out of, but this one worked abit better and was aluminum instead of plastic as well, which let me tig weld on a fitting so I could use an AN fitting up to the reservoir instead of just the plastic elbow. I just made the mount of out some aluminum and polished it up and used the stock Camaro fluid reservoir. One of these days I'll probably get a nice billet one just to tidy it up a little more. All worked out and fit pretty well.

Can also see the Wilwood combo adjustable prop valve and distribution block. I got it when it was first released..a pretty trick little piece and works the part as well!

Attached Files

#81 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

This car better be ready by the time I hit LA or there will be hell to pay!!!!!

#82 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

I don't think your badge works over there Ruts! :)

#83 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

What is the battery?

Do they do them with only the side terminals?

Grant..

#84 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

Those 2 lumps ontop are the other set of terminals Grant

#85 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

And it would be a Oddessy.

Cheers.

#86 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

No, Optima Red top, that is what I have in mine. They are a spiral cell gel type battery. Lighter and more powerful than conventional lead acid and fully sealed and can be mounted in any orientation an suppose to last 2 times as long. Mine is about 5 years old now and goes like it did from new. I did see lots of stuff on the net about their lack of quality in the last few years since they moved thier factory to Mexico but I havn't followed up on that recently.

http://www.summitrac...4-003/?rtype=10

Our local agent is :

AAA Batteries Pty Ltd
07) 3272 2460
1/ 15 Overlord Pl
Acacia RidgeQLD4110

Very close to the Munch - Inn

Matt

#87 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:46 AM

Yep, it is an Optima...and since those pictures I got rid of the black covers I made for the top terminals and have some proper red and black ones :lol:
The dual terminal one is the most common one around here at least but they do make a variety of different styles. I've shipped a few over to a mate too, they are abit pricey there from memory.

Oh, and I used the side terminals on it as I used some new factory GM cables (application was a '04 Chev truck from memory) from the battery to the ground and for the positive to starter and alternator with the factory junction box and all. Hmmmm..the ground might have been a Camaro one now I think of it, but the positive was the truck for sure at least...

Oh and as said not only can you mount them in any position, but as well they don't outgas so no corrosion around the terminals, etc.

#88 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:30 AM

While not a badge....I do have this at least off of a uniform!

Attached Files

#89 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

Don't think I showed this pic yet....my little Oz beer collection....not sure what got me started? But got going on them around '98...just picking them up over there as I came across them. Some where new, some old...little of everything!

Attached Files

#90 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

I see no Matilda Bay, or Little Creatures Bottles! They Make AWWESOME BEER! (Actually, I think I can see a Redback there....)

#91 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

I don't have them all of course,lol.... Just some. And yep, got a few different Redbacks!

#92 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Are they unopened? I could fully understand if you didn't want to drink them... :P

#93 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:09 PM

Some are opened, some are not....I've got some steel ones that are still full, and have no urge to crack one open for a try! ha ha... Got a few old stubbies too, they are full as well for the most part.

#94 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

Couple more assorted pictures...

First shot..
This is what my glove box now holds, on the right is the Spal fan controller, and on the left is Aeromotive fuel pump controller.

Second picture is the bottom side of the mounting panel for the 2 above things, and it has the relay for the Spal's secondary fan control, 3 circuit breakers, and the part on the left side is the really cool Dakota Digital tach interface. It will convert any tach signal into any other tach signal basically. I use it to take the tach signal out of the LS1 PCM and convert it to a standard 8 cylinder signal to run the fuel pump controller, and also runs the SS tacho instrument cluster as well.

3rd picture is the speedo converter. It uses the speedometer signal from the PCM and converts it to a mechanical cable to I can use all the stock instrument cluster again. Works a treat and is totally adjustable as well for any signal style, diff ratio, and tire size. Of course the PCM itself can be flashed for tire size and diff ratio, since you can get the speed through the OBDD II port with a scanner (I have tried it already)

Attached Files

#95 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Gee mate I think your more Aussie than me and I'am a 4th generation Aussie. How do the locals take you with the steering wheel on the correct side ?

#96 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

your like a mad scientist

#97 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'll bring you some.

#98 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:57 AM

Gee mate I think your more Aussie than me and I'am a 4th generation Aussie. How do the locals take you with the steering wheel on the correct side ?

The RHD part of it always did make people do abit of a double take, especially on the freeway I think when someone might be cruising along at 70 mph and just glance over and not see anyone in the "driver" seat, ha ha... :D

your like a mad scientist

But not an evil one like in the movie.. :badabing:

#99 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:07 AM

I'll bring you some.

That would be pretty cool. This one I have is sort of special since the guy I got it from passed away..Posted Image He gave it to me while he was over here buying a car.. (which I shipped back to Oz)

#100 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

only just found this thread i love it i no your mates workshop in lilydale well got a few prices off him for some bits imported lil bit to pricey for me but top blokes

ive heard of a few monaros over there even a pair of le monaros over there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users