Shipping from LA to Melbourne..

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#51 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

What would be a rough price on a 28ft boat on trailer to ship over ?��No doubt won't be cheap, but bloody hell boats are cheap in the states..

Just assume I will need an entire 40 ft container for a worst case scenario....

Edited by Skapinad, 25 April 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#52 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

You can only squeeze up to a 20' boat (or about a 21' if it's a jet boat style) into a container, longer than that they get too wide.

You'd have to go roll on-roll off and that goes by cubic meter. Last thing I did that way was about a year ago and was a 5th wheel camper, around 29 foot and from memory that was like $12,000 or so ? (give or take, been a while and don't remember for sure just how much it was)

Being up in Brisbane, you might find someone that could ship it directly up to you in all fairness, unless you were going to tow it all the way back up there from Melbourne as well ?

#53 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Tilt it on its side.

#54 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

I already do tilt the 20' boats (Bayliner bowrider for example) to get them to fit. They are right about 8 feet wide, and the container is only 92" on the inside.

(convert that to metric yourself if need be, lol)

Any wider than that, or with hulls that are too squared off, and you can not tilt them enough to fit.

#55 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:02 AM

Tow it behind..

#56 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

I suppose if you had a long enough rope...

#57 _RB26DETT_

_RB26DETT_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

How much to bring in a 41 Willis pickup???

#58 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

I charge $3500 to ship a car (unless they are very tall,etc) and $4000 for a truck..

Keep in mind, it would have to be all stock too with the import laws how they are now..(Being a Willy's and so many of them are modified is why I mention it.)

#59 _Trentm_

_Trentm_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Hi Jeff are you able to ship wheels from Summit racing. What they have quoted for shipping is almost as much as the wheels cost!

#60 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

Yep, no problem at all.... was just talking about that here; http://www.gmh-toran...rom-the-states/

#61 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Owmuchissit for two of these??

http://www.summitrac...arts/MTT-3751R/

And out of curiosity how much for four of these

http://www.summitrac...parts/MTT-5253/

Later i assume would be pricey cause of the size....but you could put stuff inside them :P There only about $100 each cheaper than i can get them locally so i dont think it will be feasible, esp once i get them from melb, but the ET streets are half price so could be worth looking at....

Cheers.

#62 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

I assume Jeff is quoting a landed price
Inc GST , duty and handling fees... not just a shipping price
Hence why he's asking for the value of the item

#63 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

<br />I already do tilt the 20' boats (Bayliner bowrider for example) to get them to fit. They are right about 8 feet wide, and the container is only 92&quot; on the inside.<br /><br /><br />(convert that to metric yourself if need be, lol)<br /><br />Any wider than that, or with hulls that are too squared off, and you can not tilt them enough to fit.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

So a 20' boat would be around the same as a car then, 3500? 12k makes it too exxy......

#64 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

I assume Jeff is quoting a landed price
Inc GST , duty and handling fees... not just a shipping price
Hence why he's asking for the value of the item

Price and size is in the links and i mentioned the quantity???

Or were you yelling at someone else?

Cheers.

#65 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,470 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

If I was yelling at you you'd know it
I was both asking Jeff to clarify so theres no confusion when the goods land... and pointing out why his costs may seem higher for some things than sending direct
Since those costs aren't factored in and you might get pinned for them on arrival
If this is of course the case

#66 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

Ah i get it now, my bad.

#67 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:28 PM

Sorry to not clarify....the prices I quote are total, landed, all up, no more to pay prices...stuff arrives...you pay me that amount, and take the stuff on your merry way.. B)

Oh, and on the 20' boat question....no, they are not the same as a car, because I can not ramp over the top of them as I do with cars. Boats are $5000 (or higher, depending) and that also involves me having to pull the axle(s) out of the trailer, cut or unbolt the guards, etc.

Oh, and the total landed price thing I mentioned is for bits...the car prices are just freight only...you'd still be up for GST/Duty on them and any quarantine/steam clean stuff that may come up if the vehicle is not clean when it gets to me...(or close enough for me to tidy up easily)

#68 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:33 PM

Owmuchissit for two of these??

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-3751R/

And out of curiosity how much for four of these

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-5253/

Later i assume would be pricey cause of the size....but you could put stuff inside them :P There only about $100 each cheaper than i can get them locally so i dont think it will be feasible, esp once i get them from melb, but the ET streets are half price so could be worth looking at....

Cheers.

On the later ones..at only $100 cheaper per tire, you might as well buy them there...with the size and all I couldn't do it cheap enough to make it worth your while.
On the little ones, figure $150 the pair... (new tires have fumigation issues, so I am taking that into account as well)

#69 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Just a little heads up for everyone...I'll be starting to load again in early June if anyone might be chasing some bits. :spoton:

#70 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hi Jeff, what is the deal with importing a race car that will not be registered ?
Do the new "unmodified" rules apply ?
If it was a rolling shell could it be brought in as a parts car or similar ?

Thanks.

#71 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

From memory, last time I checked into shipping a race car....you had to provide a racing license with some current body there to get it into the country with no issues. I "think" (it was a little while ago now that I had been checking on it) it was a car that was still mostly a normal looking car. If it was something like a tube chassis funny car that obviously could never be a road car (not having a VIN as well) it might have different rules...I would have to check into it again.

But basically if the car has a VIN number on it, I am supposed to submit a title and it falls under all the 'normal' import rules....unless you go with submitting it as a race car deal and them wanting proof it will be a race car and is being brought in by someone with a racing license.

Again...that was what sticks in my mind from when I checked into it...(I ship a heck of alot of cars, but not really many race cars)

#72 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Thanks Jeff, nothing solid planned, just looking around. I have a mate in Vegas who reckons there is a lot of race cars going cheap due to the economic downturn in that city. He is keen to turn a buck and is considering doing a few exports. Will let you know if we need any more advice/help.

#73 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

No problem....just holler if I can help out with it at all some time or other!

#74 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Just a heads up...will be starting to load again around mid June, incase anyone needs anything. Already have a collection of Centerlines building up for a few guys so far. :D

#75 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

i need some house of kolor paint.its half the price over there.how do ya go shipping paint?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users