202 Gemini

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 _Mr Detroit_

_Mr Detroit_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:56 PM

Thought I'd swing by with an update.

Started fitting the Trimatic in today, all fits well and is looking good so far. Going to use the Gemini converter and see how it goes.

Pushrod guide plates arrived the other day and picking up the bits I need for the external shift linkages for the Trimatic.

School holidays now so I've got some extra helping hands to do stuff for the next fortnight and a little extra pocket money from some items I sold, so it's gunna be all systems go over the next 14 days.

I'm also now looking for an older Holden for a streeter, coincidentally. There's an LJ in a yard not far from my joint, will have a look during the week, although the same joint has a nice HR and a nice HT panno... lol I feel like a teenager again :buttrock:

#27 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

can i please ask how you got the breather to fit into the rocker cover. Mine wont fit without some sort of mod. Ive got the grommet, though the breather is just a sleeve i feel like i gotta cut up some tubing the slip into the grommet so i can clip the breather over. Ideas?

#28 _Mr Detroit_

_Mr Detroit_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

To be totally honest the breather just pushed right in without any hassles

#29 _Mr Detroit_

_Mr Detroit_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Another update, I now pretty much have everything I need to complete the project. I've recently picked up the piping to make a roll cage, got the transmission in and almost completely bolted up, got the linkages for the shifter and scored a complete 4.44:1 10 bolt diff with axles at an awesome price - cheaper than what I was being quoted just for the gears and axles.

#30 _v6locker_

_v6locker_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

gemini converters are good just be careful my mate had one in a 202 vk and it caught fire after a big burnout, made a hell of a noise before it did tho haha. trans cooler recommended:).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users