what tyres has everyone got

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:35 AM

I have a bit of a tyre scrubbing issue on my LX, gets rid of the inner rears and outer fronts in about a year - and I'm talking about thru to the canvas. Ther are baby smooth at the moment and I'm looking to change em as soon as the cash is available. Some nasty 185/70/13's from Siamtyre or something were the ones on sale i purchased last time, we'll have to see whats going cheap this month, might even end up with retreads the way I'm earning money at the moment.

#27 _LC2250_

_LC2250_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:13 PM

on the talk of getting tires and all the brands etc. what is the cheapest way to source new tires fitted? is it just to run up to some big tire place and open your wallet for them or is there a better known way for this?

If it helps I have 13x7's in need of some rubber ... Sumitomo still claims to have 215/50R13 which might be nice but I dont' know if that info is accurate. maybe just settle with some 205/60R13's of some brand ... I've bought tires before so I don't know what or where to start ...

sorry if this is a hijack it just seems like a lot of pocket money any way

Cheers
-Al

#28 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:11 PM

...might even end up with retreads the way I'm earning money at the moment.

If you are forced to buy retreads, get Highway brand. They seem to have the lowest failure rate of any recap I dealt with in my years in the tyre industry. Second hand tyres would be a better option to recaps.

#29 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:27 AM

Only two of my vehicles run 13" rim and both run a smaller tyre than most torana people. The Gazelle runs a 185 and the EH a 195. The rest of them are either 15", 16" or 18" rims which mean nothign to here. I do get very scared when people mention recaps. personally I do believe these tyres are nto even good enough for a trailer. let alone a pride and joy!!!

Cheers

#30 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:26 AM

I do get very scared when people mention recaps. personally I do believe these tyres are nto even good enough for a trailer. let alone a pride and joy!!!

Which is exactly why I mentioned second hand tyres are a better option.

#31 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

235 fit on 13" hotwires on a lj i have had them one, no peope in the back tho and they where 50 profile,

i have 225/60/13 on the other lj now both had lipped guards the 225 are not a prob and they are on sprinties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users