UC Front subframe on LX Hatchback

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 _mr hatchback_

_mr hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Hi Guys,

I made a bit of a typo when I posted the above post as I was rather tired at the time sending I meant to say that the Harrop Steering Iron
was fine as the it did NOT hit the Tie-Rod end, I will let you know how I go this week with getting it out of the Suspension Shop & then
into SBCS 'Gav-Sport' as I must give him the chance too fix this Brake Issue.

All the best Guy's....

#52 _mr hatchback_

_mr hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

Hi Guys,

I have finally gotten my SS Hatchback back from Kevin Gavin at SBCS (Gav-Sport) after I had him finish off the job that he started with my
brake kit that he supplied & I am at this stage happy with the kit & also how he handle the whole issue, as I may have come across in many
many emails & also personal conversations that I could become a real pain in the arse as I did let him know that there was some talk on &
off the forum that was not so good about his business & the past dealings that some people have had with him.

I should also let you guys know that I have not yet been able too get on the brakes hard as I must take it easy with my newly built 9 Inch Diff
for the next few hundred kay's & Kevin asked if I could take it easy on the brakes while I was taking it easy on the Diff, I have been told by Red
from Craft Diffs that I should not go over 60 kay's for the first couple of days & not over 80 kay's or any highway driving on the Diff so as to not
get it too hot while it is bedding in the gears etc for 500 hundred kay's.

I did drive the Hatchback around the side streets of the industrial area in Penrith & onto the main road for a couple of half an hour doing a few laps
as I could not help myself as I just needed a drive fix in the car & it seemed all fine & I was loving all the cheers from all people that were having
lunch outside the surrounding business's too, I can't wait too get Peter Cleary the Fabricator to fit in the full on nice & snug roll cage & also the
seam welding etc performed starting from next Saturday as that will mean once it come back from there I can pull it apart & get it in the panel
shop for some really lovely panel & paint work to start .

Thanks for all of your help with questions that I have & will ask thru this forum Guys as I really do appreciate the help.

P.S I may take the car up to Torana Fest before I pull it apart in it's Tough unfinished form & then bring it back next year looking Top Notch..... :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users