125 replies to this topic

#1 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

Just off the top of my head a few members i havent seen posting for some time. Perhaps a few more.
Peter Pilot
Redlh
Torunya
HG350
Oldn54 (i think)

#2 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

Spoke to HG350 yesterday

#3 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:30 PM

Oldn64 you mean.

Spoke to him last week. He is pretty busy with wife, house, car, work etc.

Steve

#4 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for the replies. Add Sydney Torana Club � STC website and ACT/QBN Torana Club website to that list?

#5 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

We have lost a few members due to the bitching and whinging that has gone on lately.

Shame really.

#6 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:18 PM

As you can see from my post count, I'm missing in action.

#7 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

Is that missing in action or missing the action yella.. :)

Yes it is oldn64 to you. I am around but after small accident a hospital visit was required. work has been great but bloody busy. helping run another forum takes up sometimes too, as does teh wifie and the house etc etc... Having three projects does not help either. things are settling down a little so more work will occur soonish. I am around but not as frequent as I once was. Also small issues of monetry qarms and other member really descourages me sometimes.. oh well guess that is life. at least I won.. :D

Cheers

#8 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

There is also a bguck load of in active members... What a waste

#9 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

But you get that at most forums. It's not unusual to see 10% of members making 90% of posts and 80% of members with less than 10 posts.

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:27 AM

Did Electra Blue or Spittz_77 ever find the new forums?

#11 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:13 AM

Did Electra Blue or Spittz_77 ever find the new forums?

Electra blue has found another forum, not a frequent poster but still a member and one whom participates.

Cheers

#12 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:13 AM

This forums has turned to shit compared to what it once was, shame realy i used to love spending most of my time on here..

Yes i probly havnt been too nice sometimes but honestly if poeple just lerned to grow up and get a life instead of trying to antagonise other poeple on forums this place would run so much nicer..

I know the mods do there best specialy Tiny and Tinkers, but whats put me off this forums the most is not being able to speek out aloud like i would if i was in person with other members(like it was). It doesnt always meen that if you have a disagreement with someone that it will result in anything bad, I think poeple get more upset when there posts are deleted or edited rather then the argument or disagreement at hand(whatever you wana call it)..

Another thing is you cant even give your opinion or like/dislikes about a model car without anyone getting offended so the mods quickly jump in action to remove or edit such posts..I spose what else are they to do when some poeple get so uptight about it.

This post probly will get deleted so good luck to anyone that gets a chance to read it..

John

#13 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

I agree that there's a few members that dont get on here anymore/as much due to the s^%tfights that have been going on lately, and I agree with TORANASS, that alot of these fights seem to start from nothing, usually 1 person stating their opinion about what they like on cars-wheels etc, or people who have modified cars like GTRs, SSs, and so-on past factory standard with wrong engines, wheels and other things, even things like whats a correct part for a car-the "L34" intake on ebay was a good example, it always seems to bring out s^%tfights between people. If you dont like what some1 has done to their car, or if some1 cuts up a SLR or a GTR and puts a import engine in them or the wrong wheels or whatever-maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself! is it really worth starting a argument over it? Ive said it before people should be encouraging other peoples ideas-after all if its their car what right does any1 have to pick at them for their choice of mods? And starting a argument over what a part might suit...there's always going to be two sides, with both sides thinking their right..dont egg each other on-but my mate has this, and ive read that! Just let it go. It really would be a great loss to loose some of the people on here because of all the fights that get started over nothing! We've got a great group of people here keeping Torana's alive! People with knowledge-REDA9X, Dattoman and a hell of alot others-People thinking outside the square as far as engines and mods in general-JAPXU1 is a good example! and 100's more people on here doing great things with these great cars! Lets keep these cars and this site going...not put it in line with 100's of other sites that are full of crap and S&%tfighting!

#14 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, I recently found out the meaning for Live and let live, lol, about time, so I'll just stick by that, I am a member of alot of other forums, and by far this is the most controlled, even yet with all the fights, it may not be once what it was, but its still a bloody good learning source for young people, anyway, as TORANASS (John) said, it'll probably be deleted...

Still good work, and the mods and admins are doing a good job...
Keep it up

#15 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

The Mods/Admin are here to keep things in order. But when they start to get too heavy handed, that's when I'll walk away. Let's just say I'm looking for my shoes...

#16 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:44 PM

I still think this is the best car forum on the internet that i have been on. One other forum i was a member of, the moderators just belittled every new member so in the top 10 posters 9 were mods. And new members never stuck around. I mean every forum has a few bad eggs (THIS IS NOT AIMED SPECIFICALY AT ANYONE HERE) but the amount of good friends i have made through this forum definately pays off for it. :spoton:

I think the hard part of running a PUBLIC forum on the net is if someone says something contriversial and others don't agree the website can be shut down really quick. The tolerance laws we currently have in Australia i think tend to remove freedom etc. I guess this is where the mods are oftend seen as being heavey handed, but in actual fact i guess they are trying to maintain the forums so we don't get shut down over someones point of view, or the thread simply is just going down and anymore replys to the thread will just throw petrol on the fire.

As a longtime member of the church and christian the beliefs that i hold can't be expressed a lot because i might offend someone with different beliefs. And there ends freedom of speach for not just what i believe but also the right to have an opinion.

Just remember people... mods are human as well.

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 20 May 2006 - 12:47 PM.

#17 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

Well said^

#18 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

I dont think this post was aimed at mods in particular, more the reason some people arent on this forum anymore due to the amount of crap going round atm, Ive spoken to 2 mods on here before-Tiny on the phone and Grant-whos in QTCC, and i think they're both good guys, so i'm not aiming any of my comments at them

Edited by NOSLH, 20 May 2006 - 12:53 PM.

#19 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

NOSLH my point exactly mate, i wasnt aiming at the Mods, infact i think the mods have no other choice but act in the way they have been.. Its the members i was talking about..

For example i posted in a thread on how a certin car to me looks ugly and it was simply my opinion and not in anyway aimed at any particlur car or member but it was deleted befor i could refresh my page.. Now if it wasnt for the reaction it might have goten the mods would not have done anything to my post..

I dont think poeple should plainly not post if there opinion is different to others but i dont think they should try and preech there opinion on others, give your opinion and keep it at that and wether or not the other member listens/takes/understand or agrees with what you hav said it is there parogative to do so not yours...

In other words say what you think but leave it at that..

John

#20 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

what happened to Bomber, guy with the canary yellow 4 door LX?

btw, what bitching and whinging?

#21 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

Hes still on here. Just very infrequent poster. He's probably called QIKSLR or something now. I still chat to him on MSN from time to time and stuff.

#22 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

QIKSLR is BOMBER....

I'd like everyone to look at THIS thread too:
http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=3377

There are two threads in which these kind of things are being discussed and i'd really like to have everyone have a read of both and give their opinions. Its obvious there is a major problem happening here and its something that has to be discussed and remedied.

Please have a read and lets get this opt in the open and sorted so we can return to having some FUN in this place.
Cheers.

#23 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:25 PM

Oh and by the way... I can only speak for myself.. but i will only remove a post if it becomes slanderous toward an individual or organisation.

The last post that i removed that i belive needed removing was the post discussing LPG as a fuel source in which some mebers gave their opinions and some pretty nasty shit was said. Funniest thing is now.. LPG is more of a valid option for fuel than its ever been! so it was all for nix!

Anyway.. Please read the posts and let us know what needs to change. Just remeber, we cant have anarchy and we will NEVER put the forum in aposition of peril by allowing posts that have the chance of getting us sued.

What people fail to realise as members is that the admin/mod team are PERSONALLY responsible for what's said on a forum. Our backside is on the line when it comes to litigation and I for one will never risk my own wellbeing and assets for other people. I dare anyone to say that they would risk their house/etc for any forum. We are here of our own free will.. we give up our free time and i personally have put hundreds of dollars of my own money into making this place what it is. I'm not asking for anything but for this place to be the fun enjoyable place it once was.

End of sermon. ( for now again...)

#24 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

I think things like a post count is ok, if some1 doesnt like the fact that some1 else has more than them they might consider getting a life instead of worrying how many post some1 has. My overall opinion is this is a fantastic site with a great group of people, but sometimes ego's get in the way and some people need to CHILL! Be open to the opinions of others, dont attack some1 on a personal level because they like something different on their car to you, dont start an argument because some1 thinks a car part is onething and you think its something else-USE YOUR OPINION CONSTRUCTIVLY NOT AS MEANS TO BE-LITTLE SOMEONE ELSE, just remember NO-ONE on this site know's everything!, everyone can learn something from someone on this site! Thats what this site is great for KNOWLEDGE we've got lots of it here lets keep helping each other out, keep the cars on the road, keep the site going for all of us THE TORANA COMMUNITY!!
:spoton:

#25 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

First of all i wana Tell Tiny that i think your doing a top jop and can only do as much as posible, its up to the members to actualy play the game in a decent maner at the end of the day.

As for the posts i mentioned being deleted, again its not the mods fault, its the plain and simple fact that some members will take offence to daily trivial non importent coments that we all deal with each day.. If this offence wasnt taken then the mods wouldnt be forced to do things like edit/delete and lock threads..

As i said befor i loved this community and i even draged a few of my good mates over to join in, but lately i have realy been put off even looking in here.. Thats just me by the way, but from what i can see im not alone..

Tiny maybe just moderating and controlling the threads isnt enough any more, you might have to step up to banning members or even baring them for small periods..

I persnly havnt ever taken any offence from anyone bar one member on this forums for the so many years iv been here, and even then i took it into PM and not in a public thread.

Like said above this place has so much knowledge specialy when members like REDA9X, HG350,Dr Terry, Strugler, BOTTLEDUP(and many more) contribute so much to this place, its a shame and a smack in the face to these members alone let aside the work/time and money the mod team has put in.

John

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users