Photo

MIA Members + Current feelings discussion

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#51 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

where all different and have different oppinions and morals so shit will continue to go on. Even some moderators get involved in the crap. its everywhere and you cant escape it.
but hey were still breathin

ha ha some arnt

cheers
GTR-XU1

#52 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

gtr-xu1. I dont know wether you ENJOY stirring shit or what the go is?

I dont think you understood ANY of the above ( or didnt read any of it? )

I want to see active discussion and thoughts opinions being made by ALL members. However inflamatory comments and opinions or comments that a derogatory or personal attacks are not welcome and wont be tollerated.

We can all act nicely and with respect for each other and that's what will help this board to grow. Small minded comments and digs at members serve NO purpose other than to show the stupidity of the offending members and their small mentality.

Bring on the DISCUSSION!

#53 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

The Mods/Admin are here to keep things in order. But when they start to get too heavy handed, that's when I'll walk away. Let's just say I'm looking for my shoes...

pity do don't listen to what you type, ** remainder Comment edited by Tiny... Please take it into Private Message**

#54 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

lakeside: I understand you've had a problem with the user, but Please take your personal comment direct to the user via a PM.

Comment Edited above by ME.

Cheers

#55 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:52 PM

Think the discussion has been said and had, let's get on with it.

#56 _RTS Guy_

_RTS Guy_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

whatever happened to Taxilord??
remember him?
he was restoring an orange LX hatchback.

#57 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Hmm, long and involved thread. And one that's happened from time to time on every car forum that I've been on. On this forum, I normally stick to the technical posts and replies where I can help out, but I'd like to post a few of my thoughts here;

- I think Tiny and the rest of the moderators do a bloody good job. Some times in some posts, this place feels like a primary school yard, with petty tit-for-tat posts, snipes and personal attacks, and just like in Primary School, it's not the Moderators' fault, and it shouldn't be their responsibility to stop the fights - it should be up to us, on the forum, who are here as part of the community. It's the 'brats' that can't get along, and won't leave each other alone that seem to be causing most of the problems. By 'brats', I certainly don't mean by age, I mean by attitude to others and level of maturity - please don't take it as aimed at any of the younger members.

I reckon that this site is second to none as a valuable source of technical and historic info on Toranas, of asking for ideas and honest opinions (both negative and positive) and of automotive stuff in general. It got that way because of the knowledge, experience and skills of its members, so we all own a little bit of it in a way - we should respect what we own, just like our cars. Negative posts and public bitchfights ony detract from what a good site it is, so we all need to think of that if and when any of us decides to post a personally negative or insulting comment, or if we are the subject of a negative post, and we decide to publically respond.

All in all, I reckon the forum members are a pretty good bunch. I only know a few people in person, but I can honestly say that I don't 'dislike' anyone on this forum - and that's not a challenge :rolleyes:

Think I'll go back to lurking on the technical forums now .......... :D

#58 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Darren, Taxilord changed his nic to SS202 from easybord to PHP and i havnt seen anything from him in a few years..

John

#59 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

this should be treated like normal life,,, think before you write something that belittles your fellow forumers. It is much easier to just think to yourself that they sound like a dickhead rather than act like one yourself. What you all have to realise on here there is a real big mix of ages and unfortunately we all wont agree at the same time, this is coming from an old fart at 43 but I clearly remember that when i was younger I probably felt the same way as some of the young uns on here. Guys if you cant say something constructive DONT go grab a beer and calm down. I like to think of this place as an extended family and I wouldn't speak to my family like some of you guys do. And yes Tiny you are doing a great job... but mind you..... you are a big bloke and I wouldn't want to get offside.

#60 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

And don't forget a little encouragement goes a long way!

For example, I asked about the length of tailshafts in here and mentioned the situation I was in. Two days later I had a Tailshaft sitting on my Verandah... I didn't even ask for it.

In my opinion, that's what a good forum or any association/organization should be striving to achieve; friendly assistance when someone's able to help out. This forum and my passion for Toranas is my life. It kills my homework and starves me of any cash at 15yoa, but I don't care. I love being here and despite me being a "Cocky little shit" in John's opinion (TORANASS I won't forget that :tease:), this forum is great to me.

When you're about to write a comment that you think will be controversial... At least give it some thought. For example in the LPG debate, yeah yeah you're entitled to your own opinion. But if you are directly insulting someone else's pride and joy (simultaneously doing a lot else, but I won't go into detail), why say it at all? How would be it productive to anyone?

If I strongly disagree with something on these forums (which I do quite often), then I simply do not comment.

Edited by Heath, 22 May 2006 - 07:55 PM.

#61 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

I've been flicking through this post with interest, I haven't had a chance to read every post, but I've picked up on the major points. I think this is a great forum, and certainly the best one I frequent. I am a member of another forum where I was banned for 2 weeks because I asked what I thought was a fairly general question in the general area, but apparently, it was a technical question. I gather the mod wasn't too technically minded if thats the case. Anyway, I think the mods here do a great job, it's a loveless job and what do they get for it? Nothing, and in some cases, people whinge about them. I've only ever seen a post get deleted if it got way over the top. I think it's healthy for a little friendly banter, but I remember some death threats being made towards another member on the old forum, that simply is not cool. I pretty much live by the rule that if I don't like something, or if I don't know the answer to something, then I keep my mouth shut (fingers off the keyboard) and move onto the next post of interest. I've seen people on forums post up pictures of their pride and joy, only to have people slag it off, that is gutless. I see plenty of things done to cars that I don't like, but it's not my place to say that's crap like some people do. I've also seen people advertise parts and cars for sale and had people slag them off, in that case I have only made an opinion if someone is blatently trying to rip someone else off (ie trying to sell a car as an A9X when it clearly is not), I don't like seeing people ripped off. When it comes to parts, if it's considered to be overpriced, well, so be it, 2 things can happen, the person keeps it, or someone who really needs it and is willing to pay gets it. I think basically the world has become less tollerant and we all need to take a step back and think before we type. On that note though, I won't step away from a good arguement if I'm right...........but I don't need to sway from the subject and get nasty unless it's called for heheeh
oh and one last thing, if you are going to enter into a passionate discussion, at least learn to spell so you can get your point across better :spoton:

Edited by REDA9X, 22 May 2006 - 08:23 PM.

#62 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

Darren, Taxilord changed his nic to SS202 from easybord to PHP and i havnt seen anything from him in a few years..

John

Matt and his girlfriend moved to Canberra, I cant remember if he sold the Torana when he moved. He's playing in a band these days and is still home sick for Brisbane.

#63 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

Matt had the beast driving in Canberra, but I think it may have been sold later.
Maybe someone could try an old MSN nic and see if he's still about.

Grant..

#64 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

I am not going to say two much as i am only new/ green to this computer stuff
this forum i came across in the first week of owning a pc
its a wealth of info for any torana owner couldent believe it
and its helped my rebuild immensely , you admin guys do a great job !

i think every ones geting sick of the whingeing and whinning
so lets all shape up"and stop the tit for tat so we can have a top forum guys :spoton:

sorry reda9x i am no I.T graduate not the best speller i try hard though! :D

cheers guys gals..

opps spell check hehe"

Edited by dave720gtr, 22 May 2006 - 09:34 PM.

#65 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

Some of the best advice I got:- "Pretend that you are writing a letter to your mum!"

#66 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

^^ We don't want it to be too violent; we don't know everyone's family relations here :tease:

#67 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:32 AM

Everything else has been pretty much stated in the 5 pages previously. However, I would liek to add this much (which might sound a little sucky but goes alone the lines of what Lecky stated, and in a around about way tiny as well).

All of the mods are human and as such it paines us to have to look out for the forums like kindergarden. But concider this, behind each mod is a family and a support structure. From this they get us who become upset and angry but also us the caveperson (politically correct for lady tinkers) that sit here almost zomby mode. We have families and I am sorry but most of us will actually place family ahead of almost everything else, but sometimes you get "cornered".

Each user here is special and has a voice which is more than welcome to be heard, with one proviso, that there is no personal stuff. Jokes are fine and in a text based environment these can be taken out of context a little from time to time, this is normal, but when things get to death threats and court cases it is not very nice at all. Trust me I almost destroyed my family over some stuff that happened here and I will nto do it again! You maybe asking why teh hell I am still up if the above is the case, well I am very sick at present and do nto sleep very well at all, basically I have to wait for my body to shutdown before rest can be had, so this is theory. Most poeple on here enjoy the experience, but as stated previously the member make the forums, we just "tune" them so we loose as little data as possible as the information is worth way more than the financial commitment. This is something that could get used later on for generation to follow.

Cheers

PS: Gee this thread really changed direction.

#68 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:48 AM

I got to page 3 and quit.
I like Toranas...owned too many to remember...I come here when I have a problem for advice and sometimes when someone asks something I might know about, I help with what my previous experiences have been. I also try to encourage the young blokes to be enthusiasts for the brand and keep the dream alive (Torrynut)
When there is a bitch session, I go to the next reply and forget the previous one.
Pretty simple actually..
I slapped a couple of members once then got slapped myself. So I decided to ignore silly replies, it works,..some should try it.
Lets just enjoy this excellent forum and share information.
Datto and all are a wealth of specific info...I would be lost without them.
Thanks to all for the advivce and help with the dumb questions while I was building the car. You are all part of it and I will forever be in your debt.
As far as the rest goes...get on with it.
R

#69 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:05 AM

well this is the best forum i come to, and like it was stated above people get banned for stupid reasons on other forums..here that doesnt happen which is great !!

i come here to learn.. and help if i can...

learn alot i do, :spoton:

#70 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

^ yup, can do things now that I would never have contemplating even attempting before, mainly thanks to this site. I can now confidently do most stuff on my brakes, including bleeding them, although haven't tackled a master cylinder yet. Still yet to play with a diff or gearbox.

#71 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

Hey Heath you cocky little shit, lol nah your ok man(when your asleep) Seriously tho that comment was only for that thread and you must admit you were a cocky shit in that particuler thread hey?.........As for what my opinion is of you, well you should know i have plenty of respect for you mate..

I started to read this thread again for the 2nd time just to make sure i was on the right path, and the one thing iv noticed is "WE CAN GET ALONG", now all we need to do is what we have done in here on the rest of the forums..

John

#72 _hg premier_

_hg premier_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

like it was stated above people get banned for stupid reasons on other forums..here that doesnt happen which is great !!

this is TRUE! boostcruising banned me for having a hotholdens banner in my sig, but on this forum you can do what you want, (i dont mean swear and s**t people off) but you know what i mean...

KEEP THIS FORUM GOING GOOD :spoton:

#73 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

this is TRUE! boostcruising banned me for having a hotholdens banner in my sig, but on this forum you can do what you want, (i dont mean swear and s**t people off) but you know what i mean...

KEEP THIS FORUM GOING GOOD :spoton:

What was there reason, or didnt they give one?

John

#74 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

Hey John (TORANASS) - you have slagged more than one person out, hehehe, but you and I did sort that out - everyone is allowed to get tired and emotional sometimes or jump to a conclusion early. :P

on this forum you can do what you want

To some extent. Obviously we don't want one page sigs, and massive picture, but everyone understands that is for the viewing enjoyment of all.

Grant..

#75 _hg premier_

_hg premier_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:59 PM

on this forum you can do what you want

To some extent. Obviously we don't want one page sigs, and massive picture, but everyone understands that is for the viewing enjoyment of all.

Yes like i said you can do what you want but not go over the top

John: they said it was Advertising and mabye it was but it was very small, they said they would appriciate it though if i get a boostcruising sig and use it in other forums.. i dont go on that site anymore cos it is a ricer site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users