28 replies to this topic

#26 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

Collecting LH/LX colours ATM Barry. Anything unusual in the colour of the SLR?

#27 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:18 PM

I have a good twist on some stories like these. We ( me and my step dad) are in the process of restoring an original LJ-XU1, which was crashed by its second owner and placed in a shed, whilst parts and finance were collected to rebuild it (hit in front left corner) now as with many situations such as this, the bloke got a new car and the LJ was sitting down the back of his house in one of a series of shipping containers, waiting. 20 something years later we chanced upon it and it just so happened the bloke... now in his 40s... had no idea how much it was worth, and for under three grand we had a rolling shell, with little rust and enough NOS parts to sink the queen mary. Some of the more expensive parts were- 2x brand spankin rear quaters, like 4 sets of brand new headlight and tailight surrounds, 2 brand new grilles, still in boxes, all genuine GMH rubbers, oiled up and in their plastic still. accelerator cables, linkages, manifolds, you name it we've got it. The only dissapointing part was that the original block had a rod through it when the bloke pulled it out and put it in his HQ or something like that, however at a good old swap meet we chanced upoin a genuine replacement blokc... for 50 bucks. lucky ay.
Anyways, there not all bastards. Just the majority. it makes me sad to see so many stories about cars just rusting away. The owners deserve a swift kick up the arse. anyways im done ranting now.
CHEERS Chris :rockon:

#28 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

sorry i posted the same post twice

Edited by LX8VD69, 04 June 2006 - 03:15 PM.

#29 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

I had heard stories like this, and thought it would never happen to me, but I picked my genuine ss up for 2k after it had sat in a guys shed around the corner for over 10 years, now its going to sit in mine for another 10 ( only kidding, motors out and new one going in ). Funny thing was my brother lived next to him for 3 years and new nothing about it, but a mate of a mate told me about it.

here it is with flat tyres, dust, possum and cat footprints and scatches.
Posted Image

I left a note in his letterbox and a month and a half he got back to me ( he lost my number and had to contact the guys name who i left on the note i gave him )

cheers julian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users