Borg Warner strong enough?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 _hatch76_

_hatch76_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Not sure about exhaust or tail shaft as it's not in yet.Last things to do.
If I was getting another one made I would get it done 20mm wider for clearance on the calipers as their close to the shockers. shits me because I asked them about it and rodtech said would clear easy.
The other thing is if you were running flairs, you could get some of those 20mm wider rear flairs and may not have to shorten the diff at all.

#27 _nos050_

_nos050_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

when useing commordore housing do they cut both sides down or just one.

#28 _troyboy74au_

_troyboy74au_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

I got my commodore diff cut down by Rodtech and was happy with the end result.

so what commodore diff did you use Daniel? was told to get VN/VP lsd. have been quoted $2200 to have it shortened (both sides) , new axles with HQ stud pattern fitted, and run whatever brakes.

#29 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Car:74 LH SL

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

$770 for the borgy and $990 for a 9" with them suppling the housing,with the b/w you have to supply the housing

by the way dave..you have change your avatar..it's the city with drags now :D

Maybe, but it's still only baby drags!
Bring back the quarter!

#30 _hatch76_

_hatch76_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

so what commodore diff did you use Daniel? was told to get VN/VP lsd. have been quoted $2200 to have it shortened (both sides) , new axles with HQ stud pattern fitted, and run whatever brakes.

I can't remember what model it came from, but I had it changed to HQ stud pattern, used the axles and commodore brakes. Bought new discs and purchased handbrake cables from a guy on Ebay that sells Torana to rear commodore disc conversion. All bolted up fine.

Edited by hatch76, 04 March 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#31 _robslxhatch_

_robslxhatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

What i did is fairly straight forward and cost effective if you plan on running Commodore stud pattern and Commodore disc brakes. Basically you take standard commodore short axle fit it to the long side and the housing was shortened 95mm on that side , the short axle had 10mm taken of it and 10mm off the housing on the short side.The Commodore diff is 1565mm minus the difference between long and short axle length is 95mm ,this brings the width to 1470mm which is 30mm WIDER than a standard Torana diff , then knock 10mm off the other side and you end up with 1460mm . This is probably the minimum width you can go without having to move the shocky mounts to clear rear calipers. If an axle happens to fail its a simple trip to the wreckers for a another one and no dodgy re-splines or custom $600 custom axles. This method does move the diff flange over 25-30mm off to one side but its hardly enough to notice. I would do this to any Torry with under 400 hp. When the limo fails i will be investing in a KAAZ locker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users