Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Ok so Laz has told us all about it and I'm sure I've read this stuff before, but it must have been a while ago.

http://www.gmh-toran...-historical-lc/

#27 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Believe or don't , does not matter much to me as the guys who built it , raced it have all verified it is what it is .................... read the articles from the day such as Giant killers '74 , that was done by age publications for holden and of course there is the log book which has the rego no in it. , but i suppose
Bond , Shepheard, Tate , Lowndes, Firth, Felice, Ferguson , Johnson , Dixon. Janson, Byrne, Mahnken and other racers and photographers from the day could be wrong as well as the documentation , articles , pics and race results from the day......... :stirpot:

#28 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

I think he has all the cars mixed up Laz
V8 LJ L34 WTF

#29 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

:nopity: Well Well i hit a old woond havent i sorry sag man if i sounded like i didnt beleave you if i owned that car i would be a very proud owner as you sound not to menchine the drivers hoow drove it eaven after the reashell wow :nada: congrats to you im shore you have had this respons befor if not certon but it still doesnt clarify that the car has no vin do cams log a chassie number or the vin
:stirpot:

Attached File  Sagy1.jpeg   23.81K   0 downloads
Saggy Sarah
One of the most interesting reads in this month's Street Machine is Steve Westmacott's story of Saggy Sarah. Sarah started life as Colin Bond's entry for the 1970 Sandown and Bathurst races:

Attached File  Sagy2.jpeg   23.07K   1 downloads
Bondy then rallied the car! As did Capt. Peter Janson, who also campaigned her in the rallycross wars of the early 70s.

Attached File  Sagy3.jpeg   121.03K   4 downloads
She was later converted to Sport Sedan spec:

Attached File  Sagy4.jpeg   80.93K   2 downloads
Sarah was fitted with a blower (using parts from the legendary HDT Beast) at some stage and is now in the care of Larry Kavanagh, who continues to use Sarah in the way she was intended. Here we see the old girl being signed by Harry Firth:

#30 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Xu2308
you seem a little upset im shaw you now that there was 3 prototype XU2 made production cars dont you so dont tell me these cars were made in 1970 or eaven 1972
its prity much self axsplains it from the dates the L34 heads were made and the ADR change allso the only list of JP Bathurst speciels.
If the beast MK2 was an lc it was never the or one of the 3 Prototyps HOLDEN made only a Sport Sedan spec LC HOLDEN 308 repco reaco F5000 thow the engine was never code L34 by conpliance back then.
Dont you think that buy the rules from cams the LJ XU2 if to race at Bathust whould have had the L34 HEADS on it and the engine fitted as the LH torana was and bearing conpliance of L34 fitted wow more trivea for the torana fans and gooroos. :wtf: :deal:

Edited by RichoX1, 04 July 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#31 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

:blink2:

#32 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

Believe or don't , does not matter much to me as the guys who built it , raced it have all verified it is what it is .................... read the articles from the day such as Giant killers '74 , that was done by age publications for holden and of course there is the log book which has the rego no in it. , but i suppose
Bond , Shepheard, Tate , Lowndes, Firth, Felice, Ferguson , Johnson , Dixon. Janson, Byrne, Mahnken and other racers and photographers from the day could be wrong as well as the documentation , articles , pics and race results from the day......... :stirpot:

Who are those blokes Laz?? Did they have something to do with racing Toranas??? Never heard of them....... :banghead:

#33 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

Xu2308
you seem a little upset im shaw you now that there was 3 prototype XU2 made production cars dont you so dont tell me these cars were made in 1970 or eaven 1972
its prity much self axsplains it from the dates the L34 heads were made and the ADR change allso the only list of JP Bathurst speciels.
If the beast MK2 was an lc it was never the or one of the 3 Prototyps HOLDEN made only a Sport Sedan spec LC HOLDEN 308 repco reaco F5000 thow the engine was never code L34 by conpliance back then.
Dont you think that buy the rules from cams the LJ XU2 if to race at Bathust whould have had the L34 HEADS on it and the engine fitted as the LH torana was and bearing conpliance of L34 fitted wow more trivea for the torana fans and gooroos. :wtf: :deal:

There were 3-GMH V8 LJ Prototypes, and they were all Built in 1972, that is fact, the Beast mark 2 is a LC Torana with the LJ Upgrades to it, and it was used in Sports Sedans in 1974, it is not one of the GMH V8 LJ Prototypes.
Harry and the HDT Boys put a 308 V8 in the Yellow LC HDT XU-1, in very late 1971, they started it up on Xmas Day 1971, took it for its first test run on that day, with Holden Engine Guru Fred James to witness it and he told his Boss's back at GMH, and they gave the V8 LJ Program instant approval to start in early 1972, the Yellow 308 V8 LC HDT XU-1 was tested at the 1972 Easter Bathurst, and it had the Vic Number Plate KSN116.

#34 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Attached File  GMH NEWS.jpg   364.7K   1 downloads

The V8 LJ's were made in 1972, here is the GMH Letter that Holden put out, saying they wont build any V8 LJ XU-1's, and they scrapped the progam on the June 30th 1972.
1972 is the yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Richox1 that the LJ V8 Cars were made

#35 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

the Yellow 308 V8 LC HDT XU-1 was tested at the 1972 Easter Bathurst, and it had the Vic Number Plate KSN116.

And those plates seemed to be part of Harry's recycled registration programme as well!! Interesting reading that H says when Larry Perkins drove it to Bathurst at Easter in 1972, "it didn't have proper registration", but he knew Larry would flog it on the way there anyway.

#36 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

XU2308
well that was a waist of paper that printout you have states nothing but its frudulant it is not an afical GMH statement letter
How was it riten by

#37 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

All so guys Harry Firths suspected XU2 whould not be one ither if there were acterly 3-GMH xu2s biult the vin would vearify that the car was only the xu1 with a 308 chucked in it
The vin vearification whould most definatly state JP 202 3 leater engine dont you all agree

#38 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

XU2308
well that was a waist of paper that printout you have states nothing but its frudulant it is not an afical GMH statement letter
How was it riten by

Whatever Richox1
u are the guru, tell us all how it is please ok

#39 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

This thread started with a photo of the HDT sports sedan beast, and a question as to what it was. That has been answered. Anyone who knows anything about the HDT and racing in Australia in the 1970's knows that car. As far as I'm concerned, question answered.

#40 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

well you should now dude you been on the forum from day one it sounds like
But i mearly state the obveus and see alot of inconsistancies in the books of viv antonio and alot of other info about these XU1s i do have one witch sorter makes it intreaging to reserch and to discover what people think hapend back then but you still cant drive past the genuine documented thruth of it all when it does arize :deal:

You ever seen a XU1 painted WILLOW in color XU2308 or any you other guys sag man might have sounds like he been around the XU1 tracks once or twise and a bit more

Edited by RichoX1, 04 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#41 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Dont think i have seen a Willow Coloured XU-1 that i recall, i remember a blue LJ XU-1 in a light blue colour in NSW for sale, it was a V8 one, it might of been willow in colour.

XU2308
How was it riten by

it is a GMH Letter Richox1
its the one they put out in 1972 to say they canned the V8 LJ.

#42 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Attached File  5082664.jpg   32.89K   2 downloads

i think this colour is willow

#43 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Richox1
get a copy of Australian Muscle Cars Magazine issue 9, there is the story Narrated by Harry Firth telling you all about the V8 XU-1 Story, and also in that story is the same GMH Letter that i have put up on here, saying that GMH has Canned the V8 LJ XU-1's, please get a copy of it ok, try ebay or back issues from A.M.C Magazine, then you will know and understand it better.

#44 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Dude, I haven't been on the forum since day one. My knowledge comes from being involved with racing since 1971, back when Colin Bond was driving a yellow series production LC XU1 at Warwick Farm. I've owned a couple, and still have one now. No one will deny inconsistencies in Fiv Antonio's book; but given it was released in 1984, when few people cared about XU1's, it was a pretty good effort. You are correct about one thing; Sagman knows about what went on at the HDT and the cars that went through there.

#45 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

This is the color WILLOW

Attached Files

#46 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

i was told willow is Blue colour, anybody on the forum know for sure about the willow colour ?????????????????

#47 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

But i mearly state the obveus and see alot of inconsistancies in the books of viv antonio and alot of other info about these XU1s i do have one witch sorter makes it intreaging to reserch and to discover what people think hapend back then but you still cant drive past the genuine documented thruth of it all when it does arize :deal:

You ever seen a XU1 painted WILLOW in color XU2308 or any you other guys sag man might have sounds like he been around the XU1 tracks once or twise and a bit more

Dude you sound suspiciously like Mike73, and if your not Mike73 then :wytpgar: and leave everyone in peace.

#48 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

:nopity: XU2308
Bet you read that in all the books you have too well its not Blue its Gray but it has a bit of green in it i think
WOW it must be true there might be just 1 XU1 ever painted that color what if it was a XU1 BATHURST SPECIEL WOW :wtf: :driving:
:nopity: If you ever sorced info from America guys you will see that 73 was the year when GM and Ford hade the same problem as Australia, spokesman from both companies rose to the acation they siad they were not selling racing production cars and the goverments responded and intradused extra ADRs whitch made the engine horspower drop thats 73 you now :deal:

I think GM and FORD contacted HOLDEN and FORD australia then and there.

Edited by RichoX1, 04 July 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#49 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Just...wow...

#50 _RichoX1_

_RichoX1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Dude you sound suspiciously like Mike73, and if your not Mike73 then :wytpgar: and leave everyone in peace.

S pack
DUDE im not mike73 and Back to the Books for you :deal:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users