i used to own the chamois A9X sedan with Tan interior

#27 a9x868

a9x868

maurice mead of hatchbacks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Name:facebook dave
  • Car:valencia holden torana a9x hatch ultimate improvement on the barbados L34

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Posted Image

josh what magazine is that and is it still available
cheers
davemc

#28 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing, i honestly don't recall it, i think it was introduced in the LX range, Outer, or Red would know exactly.
Maybe the fellow was referring to a 4 door A9X, NOT AN l34?

LH colour range changed in late 74 salamanca red- chrome yellow no longer available madarin red -absynth yellow instead .
The last L34,s built in september 74. Know of cars (L34,s) plated certain L34 colours but painted later colours with both paint codes on plate. Example original chrome yellow car bloke wanting a white one so no white ones available so painted cottilon white not arctic and both colours on tag and evidence all over car of previou colour underneath. Both colours on tag as a vehicle,s originality never changes.
A red one sold in early 75 painted manderin red was also plated salamanca obviously owner wanted one in that later manderin colour
so dealer changed. Dealers fitted cloth inserts on reqest money talks.I was told by a high ranking gov inspector when putting one of my L34,s through gov inspections that he knew all about L34,s as he had restored one 20 yrs ago. On questioning him he said yes it was genuine ,but had a 202 in it, So obviously i dont know every thing about L34,s.

#29 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

i thought chamois was introduced later in the LH and Hj models, well after the L34,s were built.

Your right Gary when HJ,s introduced in late oct 74 colours changed over whole product range.

Edited by outer control, 01 November 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#30 _89'King_

_89'King_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

josh what magazine is that and is it still available
cheers
davemc

Hey mate, the magazine is called:

Just Holdens Collectors Issue #1
Torana A9X 1977 Anniversary

Dunno if you could still get one now, i bought it a few years back from a news agency, saw it on the rack and had to have it.

http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx47/kingy_89/A9X%20Story/

thats the link to the full story in the magazine, scanned it in so hopefully its readable

#31 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

LH colour range changed in late 74 salamanca red- chrome yellow no longer available madarin red -absynth yellow instead .
The last L34,s built in september 74. Know of cars (L34,s) plated certain L34 colours but painted later colours with both paint codes on plate. Example original chrome yellow car bloke wanting a white one so no white ones available so painted cottilon white not arctic and both colours on tag and evidence all over car of previou colour underneath. Both colours on tag as a vehicle,s originality never changes.
A red one sold in early 75 painted manderin red was also plated salamanca obviously owner wanted one in that later manderin colour
so dealer changed. Dealers fitted cloth inserts on reqest money talks.I was told by a high ranking gov inspector when putting one of my L34,s through gov inspections that he knew all about L34,s as he had restored one 20 yrs ago. On questioning him he said yes it was genuine ,but had a 202 in it, So obviously i dont know every thing about L34,s.

Wouldn't that be like the special A9X's that had the 307 chevs?

#32 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Wouldn't that be like the special A9X's that had the 307 chevs?

I think you had to be special to own one Michael

#33 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I think you had to be special to own one Michael

Special like richo

#34 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

There was a chamois L34 for sale in SA about 9-10 years ago in Unique Cars, it needed work and it was just before the boom, I think he was asking around $18,000. I remember it pretty well because I thought it looked shit. Chamois is a very boring colour, most old people had chamois 253 HX Premiers back in the day, its a car colour that you buy then change the colour the first weekend you get it.

#35 _chrome yella_

_chrome yella_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

yep, a mate had a chamois HJ sandman P/van and it was boring, so he did it in tuxedo black with silver accents. It then became one of the best vans around.

#36 _Mr S_

_Mr S_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

A memeber in this thread claimed to own one, Might be some help

http://www.gmh-toran...slr#entry437807

#37 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

There was a chamois L34 for sale in SA about 9-10 years ago in Unique Cars, it needed work and it was just before the boom, I think he was asking around $18,000. I remember it pretty well because I thought it looked shit. Chamois is a very boring colour, most old people had chamois 253 HX Premiers back in the day, its a car colour that you buy then change the colour the first weekend you get it.

I must be different because one of my favourite A9X hatches is graeme G,s from WA chamois with chamois trim. Dont know if i would like a L34 in that colour if made. The black bonnet breaks it up

Edited by outer control, 02 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#38 a9x868

a9x868

maurice mead of hatchbacks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Name:facebook dave
  • Car:valencia holden torana a9x hatch ultimate improvement on the barbados L34

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I must be different because one of my favourite A9X hatches is graeme G,s from WA chamois with chamois trim. Dont know if i would like a L34 in that colour if made. The black bonnet breaks it up

must second that wayne
lovely car and combo and a nice bloke too !!
cheers
davemc

#39 _Got1UR1_

_Got1UR1_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

I,m with A9X and Outercontrol, having owned 1 of the 5 Chamois sedans, Slate trim with G70 rear axle. Very understated colour and you either love it or hate it. And yes, late LH,s were available in Chamois, there is a Granma version for sale as I type this. The Chamois A9X hatch is a magnificent car and a credit to GG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users