Photo

Qld anti hoon laws to be reviewed

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#326 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

Now i for one didn't spend bucket loads of cash to build a car to sit in my shed, i want to be able to drive it down the coast or out on a country road for a cruze and know it will come home with me at the end of the day.

I didn't think these laws were already in place. If they arn't and your that scared you should be driving it every day. If they are already in place my mistake.

I agree with the fact most people posting on here and blaming police officers.....Some of them are idiots sure but they don't make the rules they just inforce them. Some inforce them different to others as well but stop blamming them and blame the people who made the frOcking law in the first place. Not all cops are assholes and the majority of you are acting as if they are.
You all seem to be passionate about this so instead of posting on this thread in a forum that hardly anyone sees get out there and start doing shit about it, im sure someone on here is an artist and can make a good sticker for majority of your cars to display and you don't have to just stop there.
You are all talk and no action!

#327 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

action has allready started else where. And no not all cops are arseholes. Some are good blokes and girls. The goverment makes the rules and tell the cops to enforce them and fill these quoters or find youself a new job.
Just like in any other job.

#328 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

I didn't think these laws were already in place. If they arn't and your that scared you should be driving it every day. If they are already in place my mistake.

I agree with the fact most people posting on here and blaming police officers.....Some of them are idiots sure but they don't make the rules they just inforce them. Some inforce them different to others as well but stop blamming them and blame the people who made the frOcking law in the first place. Not all cops are assholes and the majority of you are acting as if they are.
You all seem to be passionate about this so instead of posting on this thread in a forum that hardly anyone sees get out there and start doing shit about it, im sure someone on here is an artist and can make a good sticker for majority of your cars to display and you don't have to just stop there.

Hayden

If I were you mate I'd be finding out about the anti hooning laws in NSW, you might be shocked to find they are not that different to the current laws in QLD. From what I have read they can confiscate your number plates on the spot, making it illegal to drive your car.
You might even decide you want to participate in some action yourself. This is not just a QLD problem, it is a national problem.

Cheers
Dave.

#329 _Hamster_

_Hamster_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hayden

If I were you mate I'd be finding out about the anti hooning laws in NSW, you might be shocked to find they are not that different to the current laws in QLD. From what I have read they can confiscate your number plates on the spot, making it illegal to drive your car.
You might even decide you want to participate in some action yourself. This is not just a QLD problem, it is a national problem.

Cheers
Dave.

I understand it is a national problem but this thread was for qld. I guess not reading every post put me out of the loop.
I would love to participate in things to prevent it but im not a person to go marching in the street which is mainly why i suggested the stickers. It just seems a lot of you are argueing with each other rather than finding a solution in my opinion.

#330 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

:clap:

#331 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

I understand it is a national problem but this thread was for qld. I guess not reading every post put me out of the loop.
I would love to participate in things to prevent it but im not a person to go marching in the street which is mainly why i suggested the stickers. It just seems a lot of you are argueing with each other rather than finding a solution in my opinion.

read back hamo...i suggested lobbing the polllies and the treat of pulling votes 3 pages ago
i don't feel stickers would work but
they would brand you ....sorta like a red flag to a pig....i mean bull

#332 its Paul

its Paul

Formerly lx8vd77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LXSS, VUSS, VESSv & the mighty HB

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hamo, discussion involving passionate things does get heated at times, action starts with conversation, as sidetracked as this thread gets at times its all part of the process.

Paul.

#333 _bumpy_

_bumpy_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hayden

Cheers
Dave.

Here you go Hamo and any guys from NSW who want to know.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/usingroads/penalties/street_racing_burnouts.html

#334 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

TORBIRDE I here by offer you a to come for a drive in my car with a solid brass button clutch to show you how easy it is to do it just by getting the car moveing, not only that but how easy it is to light the tyres when accelarateing up to the speed limit on the hiway from a standing start.
Will do it on a race track so i can't be pined for it also.
You have obvious had very little knollage of modified cars and have never owned one and tried to drive one in wet weather. I won't even take mine out it the wet as i know it will spin the wheels and not by wanting too. I only have to let it go over 3000rpm. Even tho i don't take it out in wet weather thats not saying i might get caught out in wet weather as the weather can change.
I know my LSD diff will cause one wheel to skip on a louse surface(gravel or smoth concrete or grass).
So if i was you i would start to reframe from making coments about people being novious drivers as i have over 20 years of race driveing behind myself in speedway driveing tin tops to super sedans.
I think the only NOVIOUS here is you.

Oh dear there had to be one! I covered this idiocy previously

Please no responses bleating on about how sensitive the throttle is in with 200+kW under the bonnet, that's your problem not everyone elses. If it cant be driven without accidentally spinning the wheels now and then......dont drive it.......or lose it!

And for goodness sake if you have modified the controls so it can't be driven properly on public roads that is your problem, not something the rest of the community has to tolerate, please surprise me and tell me that a rwc tester actually did a drive test and passed it.

Edited by torbirdie, 17 November 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#335 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yes, well, you are the one who is ignoring the fact this whole thread is about the knock-on effect of these rules, not the actual "doing something wrong".

As an example, Special Interest Vehicle rego up here used to entail getting special plates,
- black and white with a alphabetic prefix starting with one of only three letters - N, O or P
- S prefix plates, or
- personalised plates.....

So those who couldn't afford personalised plates, got one of four immediately recognisable plates.............
And the cops would pull these cars over as soon as they saw them in the hope of finding illegal mods or the car not being on a listed club run........
Quite often, if the driver didn't already know the officers stopping him, they would canary the car for anything they could think of, whether it existed or not.......

Just a taste of what an ill thought out rule can cause.

Transport later changed the rules to allow currently registered vehicles moving to SIV to keep the plates they carried so they didn't stand out so much.

This all changed about two years ago after I spent time confirming this was still correct and trying to get the Transport office computers to provide the correct information after certain people wanted to tell me what I had previously confirmed (and done on my own car) was incorrect.
So now we're back to square one, unless you pay extra to "personalise" your std plates, you're stuck with some form of easily recognisable "hoon" plates to make the target easier to spot.

This is what happens when you tar everyone with the same " A Current Affair" brush.......

Grant..

PS. Spent the morning driving around in the cyclone....good thing there were no cops about, as the wind and wet want to shove my big evil ute all over the place........I know how to drive, well, and I know the roads I used......very well......but every metre of road is different......every hour of weather is different......and everything can change in the blink of an eye. And Ms Cameo Gold managed to not hit the tree which fell across the road in front of her tonight....good thing she wasn't driving the Torana......the media would have blamed her for the tree falling.......

#336 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

Tracy Grimshaw,ACA and Today Tonight are Satans spawn.

Nothing changes for the putrid scum that masquerade as journalists on these shows.

Dont kid yourself that they treat any other subject differently.

They are insidious scum.

Watching their programs will poison your mind and damage our democracy,as can be seen by the way

Avoid these sensationalist f*cks like the plague,do not watch their shows,and encourage all you know to do the same.

Couldn't agree more, I you believe the crap they pedal on these commercial Tv shows then you are a fool, I too have witnessed first hand their evil ways of "securing a storey".

Have you heard the saying, never let the truth get in the way of a good storey???

#337 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

i once heard it called "fish bowel news"

#338 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I believe the first casualty of sensationalist media such as that gargage is always the TRUTH!

#339 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

A car enthusiast should have enough skill not to spin the wheels, even taking off up hill on wet tram tracks.

I personally haven't come across this situation before as we don't have Trams in Brissy, however I assume you have encountered this exact situation where you live or regularly commute and have 1st hand experience of what you write.

#340 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Well i have one question?
What is the best lube for rubber tyres.

1 water
2 oil and water.

They are both on the road when we drive so it is a lot easyer to have a wheel spin slightly.
If a driver goes on with it and spins the wheels down the road then yes he is an idiot and desurves to get a wrap over the nuckles...
But if the driver gets off the gas and try's to do the right thing by regaining traction how can he be a hoon??????

Edited by lcxu105, 18 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#341 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Cheat!

Edited by Skapinad, 18 November 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#342 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Thats one question and one statement.

#343 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well i have one question?
What is the best lube for rubber tyres.

1 water
2 oil and water.

They are both on the road when we drive so it is a lot easyer to have a wheel spin slightly.
If a driver goes on with it and spins the wheels down the road then yes he is an idiot and desurves to get a wrap over the nuckles...
But if the driver gets off the gas and try's to do the right thing by regaining traction how can he be a hoon??????

1st it's the car's fault, now you are going to blame oil and water which we expect to be part of the driving scene, what's next? Blame Tony Abbott?

the chump behind the wheel being held responsible........never.

Edited by torbirdie, 18 November 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#344 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

You are very persistant in getting the message across. You've done everything short of stating that you are clearly in support of all aspects of the current & proposed laws being discussed here, that much is fairly obvious. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but can you honestly blame any true car enthusiast for being a little concerned when the people behind these laws were so narrow minded as to include "cruising" in their agenda? Or are you of the belief that all laws & enforcement procedures are beyond reproach & that any & all who believe or suggest that such laws can be open to abuse by authorities in the slightest (heaven forbid!) are all being melodramtic?

#345 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

The law is the law. Like it or not we all have to obey laws. At the end of the day just like any other matter involving the law, it should always remain discretionary. You can't just across the board have no flexibility to take into consideration the individual circumstances.

Otherwise you just open up to the no common sense law approach that the USA has allowed itself to adopt. You have to be very careful allowing nanny state type laws to come into effect without using what is lacking in today's society "common sense".

It's a little like these bikie rules that they keep saying will rid society of criminals. It will not, and while I do not support law breakers until they are found guilty such restrictions are an infringement on the personal freedoms and liberties that we in Australia hold dear. Guilty by assumption should never ever be a lawful conviction. Its up to a court (the prosecution) to prove you are guilty of breaking the law. If you look at a recent case such as the Lloyd Raney trial, the police named him as the prime and only suspect. Yet in court he was found to be not guilty and the police where heavily criticised for having blindfolds on. That's why we have courts to find guilt or innocence and apply the appropriate penalty if needed.

No person could say they approve or justify hoon behaviour, but equally you can't (in the heat of the moment) have one person being judge jury and executioner. Especially if the stakes are high and set in concrete. This must be left to the balanced independent court system to pass its penalty. I think longer suspension and higher fines will do just as much to deter dangerous hoon behaviour. Crushing cars imo just seems like an idea brought up by non car lovers who put every car enthusiast into the dangerous to society bracket.

#346 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

You are very persistant in getting the message across. You've done everything short of stating that you are clearly in support of all aspects of the current & proposed laws being discussed here, that much is fairly obvious. Of course you have the right to your opinion, but can you honestly blame any true car enthusiast for being a little concerned when the people behind these laws were so narrow minded as to include "cruising" in their agenda? Or are you of the belief that all laws & enforcement procedures are beyond reproach & that any & all who believe or suggest that such laws can be open to abuse by authorities in the slightest (heaven forbid!) are all being melodramtic?

i have a suspicion he works either for the government in drafting these laws...or has something to do with drafting them
the way he is so hell bent on defending them...

#347 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

The law is the law. Like it or not we all have to obey laws. At the end of the day just like any other matter involving the law, it should always remain discretionary. You can't just across the board have no flexibility to take into consideration the individual circumstances.

Otherwise you just open up to the no common sense law approach that the USA has allowed itself to adopt. You have to be very careful allowing nanny state type laws to come into effect without using what is lacking in today's society "common sense".

It's a little like these bikie rules that they keep saying will rid society of criminals. It will not, and while I do not support law breakers until they are found guilty such restrictions are an infringement on the personal freedoms and liberties that we in Australia hold dear. Guilty by assumption should never ever be a lawful conviction. Its up to a court (the prosecution) to prove you are guilty of breaking the law. If you look at a recent case such as the Lloyd Raney trial, the police named him as the prime and only suspect. Yet in court he was found to be not guilty and the police where heavily criticised for having blindfolds on. That's why we have courts to find guilt or innocence and apply the appropriate penalty if needed.

No person could say they approve or justify hoon behaviour, but equally you can't (in the heat of the moment) have one person being judge jury and executioner. Especially if the stakes are high and set in concrete. This must be left to the balanced independent court system to pass its penalty. I think longer suspension and higher fines will do just as much to deter dangerous hoon behaviour. Crushing cars imo just seems like an idea brought up by non car lovers who put every car enthusiast into the dangerous to society bracket.

:clap:

#348 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Story?? Perhaps my comment was too cryptive for some, let me restate it:

We have many here claiming that they are car enthusiasts, but then in the same sentence they bleet on about how they could get they car consficated for spinning the wheels "accidently"! A car enthusiast should have enough skill not to spin the wheels, even taking off up hill on wet tram tracks.
Spinning the wheels doesnt happen by an act of god, it comes from putting the foot down too hard.

Please no responses bleating on about how sensitive the throttle is in with 200+kW under the bonnet, that's your problem not everyone elses. If it cant be driven without accidentally spinning the wheels now and then......dont drive it.......or lose it!

You really are something !
I went to the beach with the missus and where I parked was down off the bitumen edge , which was about a 3-4 inch straight drop onto a gravel park area parallel to the bitumen. When I went to leave several hours later I backed up and turned right up the bitumen edge and when the right tyre hit the edge before climbing onto the road my back Tyres spun. Total accident ! Please accept my deepest apologies for being an irresponsible under skilled HOON ! As it turns out the cop pulling out from a side road next to me thought so as well and decided to make a scene about it. He pulled me over and treated me like a bloody car thief. Of course you agree with him Toriebirdie , I would expect nothing else.

#349 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I wouldn't bother if i were you, you will never change other people's views & opinion, especialy self righteous ones, no matter how compelling your arguement may be. Best of just nodding & agreeing as you suggested to me. One thing that has been proved to me when being spoken down to by people as such is that even though they may appear to be more learned than i, they usually don't have the education enough to admit when they're wrong.

#350 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

You really are something !
I went to the beach with the missus and where I parked was down off the bitumen edge , which was about a 3-4 inch straight drop onto a gravel park area parallel to the bitumen. When I went to leave several hours later I backed up and turned right up the bitumen edge and when the right tyre hit the edge before climbing onto the road my back Tyres spun. Total accident ! Please accept my deepest apologies for being an irresponsible under skilled HOON ! As it turns out the cop pulling out from a side road next to me thought so as well and decided to make a scene about it. He pulled me over and treated me like a bloody car thief. Of course you agree with him Toriebirdie , I would expect nothing else.

Wow, for the split second that you allowed your wheels to spin an officer of the law appears and nails you for it, cmon, better chances of winning lotto twice in a row, did you buy a ticket?

What was your response to the officer? was it is abrasive as what we see above? Im assuming your car wasn't crushed for this indiscretion and you weren't fined? All in all sounds like a good outcome, you weren't fined-your car is intact,(just given a good "round of the kitchen") didnt crash into traffic and a small child returning from the beach wasn't blinded by a stone ejected from under one of your wheels.

Perhaps due to your apparently unpleasant encounter with the law you are going to give more thought to preventing "unforseen" "accidents" in the future, (make mental note......car parked on gravel, limited traction etc) :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users