Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

I think we all need to get back on track and find ways to have some of the rules changed before they become a problem. If 1 member wants to stand up for these new and stuiped rules then let him and ignor him. If we don't then the chat will be locked by admin.
Please get back on track.

#352 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Perhaps this is the type of behaviour that the anti hoon cruise law intended to be aimed at:http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/topic/63441-holden-ek-crash/#entry713985

The dipsticks involved here are very luck no- one was hurt

Any cruise off old classics etc is going to attract its fair share of idiots and too many idiots fraternisng in the one time and place and the results could be deadly

#353 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Perhaps this is the type of behaviour that the anti hoon cruise law intended to be aimed at:http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/topic/63441-holden-ek-crash/#entry713985

The dipsticks involved here are very luck no- one was hurt

Any cruise off old classics etc is going to attract its fair share of idiots and too many idiots fraternisng in the one time and place and the results could be deadly

No it's not. The term 'Cruising' referred to driving around slowly to attract the attention of passers by.
That idiot in the GT wasn't cruising, he was flying. For him to lock up and slide like that he had to be going a fair bit faster than the cars in front at the moment he realised they had slowed down because of the stationary Toyota? waiting to make a right hand turn. Not sure if the guy in the Valiant locked his brakes, if he did he was lucky not to lose control as well.

Very very lucky no one was injured or killed indeed.

Edited by S pack, 19 November 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#354 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

fair enough, me supposes(an avenue of enquiry perhaps) the ford driver and the valiant driver were having a little game of chasey and the ford driver wasnt looking any further ahead than the valiant.

yes the valiant locked up the rears, all the smoke was ahead of the ford.

Edited by torbirdie, 19 November 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#355 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

It could also be due to excessive speed coupled with one of the biggest causes of driver error, lack of observation & anticipation.

#356 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

After watching it over and over I don't think the guy in the Valiant caused the smoke. Have a look at the attitude of his car, the nose doesn't appear to dive heavily as you would expect if he had slammed on the brakes. I think all the tyre smoke came from the GT, just the slipstream from the Valiant pulled the smoke forward.

#357 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Not paying attention and travelling too close to the car in front was the cause of this accident.

#358 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

After watching it over and over I don't think the guy in the Valiant caused the smoke. Have a look at the attitude of his car, the nose doesn't appear to dive heavily as you would expect if he had slammed on the brakes. I think all the tyre smoke came from the GT, just the slipstream from the Valiant pulled the smoke forward.

looking at again, think you are right, possibly also the inertia of the smoke having it travel ahead of the car as it slowed down.

#359 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

pfffttt polies
if you can't change the behavior then deny them the toys to play with...
geees thanks dad....

#360 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

A Burnout as defined in the Police Powers and Responsibilities Amendment Bill 2011 http://www.legislati...MotVImpAB11.pdf

burn out, for a motor vehicle, means wilfully drive the motor
vehicle in a way that causes a sustained loss of traction of one
or more of the drive wheels with the road surface.

Im not 100% sure if this is actually law as the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000 seems to have slightly different definition. Can anyone confirm if an Amemdment Bill forms part of the legislation to the relevant act?

Anyway, does this clear up the "loss of traction" issue for everyone? Keys words here "willfully" and "sustained". A "chirpy" is not sustained. A powerskid is.

So who else has written to their MP, State Premier or Police Minister? Signed the petition? Wandered over to Grunt Files to join the campaign?

#361 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I went to grunt files and joined.

#362 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

^ Good stuff man :spoton:

#363 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I've posted grunt files links on a few things on facebook in the last couple days (friends discussions etc)

#364 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Chris, is there anything happening on Toymods etc?

#365 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,542 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

A Burnout as defined in the Police Powers and Responsibilities Amendment Bill 2011 http://www.legislati...MotVImpAB11.pdf

Im not 100% sure if this is actually law as the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000 seems to have slightly different definition. Can anyone confirm if an Amemdment Bill forms part of the legislation to the relevant act?

Anyway, does this clear up the "loss of traction" issue for everyone? Keys words here "willfully" and "sustained". A "chirpy" is not sustained. A powerskid is.

So who else has written to their MP, State Premier or Police Minister? Signed the petition? Wandered over to Grunt Files to join the campaign?

An amendment bill is just that, an amendment to existing legislation. The amendment adds to or changes the legislation.

#366 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Id have to check tony, I dont get on there much, but lots of friends do

#367 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Cool, thanks Chris.

Thanks Dave, I assumed as it published etc it is legislation but I also thought they would just add it in the existing act.

#368 _Bushy_

_Bushy_
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Just jumped on and signed up at grunt files.
and threw a couple of bucks towards the campaign.

http://gruntfiles.co...ex.php/campaign

PROTECT OUR RIGHTS,
OUR CULTURE, OUR LIFESTYLE

Support the Campaign
Grunt Files has embarked on a campaign to preserve our right to own, build and drive modified and classic cars without fear of harassment or victimisation by government, police or media.

Grunt Files has committed to throwing the full-weight of our production facilities, along with our internet and television experience, into the battle to protect our right to own and drive these cars.

#369 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

It could also be due to excessive speed coupled with one of the biggest causes of driver error, lack of observation & anticipation.

Which is an across the board issue, not just HOON related...

Yes, the amendment should revise the legislation as a clarification.
You need o look at the enviro laws too, as if upp'd about it not being sustained, they'll claim smoke or noise as the issue......

#370 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Good stuff Bushy, I take it the Donate function is now working? Time to put my money where my mouth is :D

Got my Grunt Files shirt and sticker today. Shirt is on me, sticker is on the VE :spoton:

Enviro laws hey Grant, hmmmm, this will be fun. With access to a team of E&P lawyers a quick email should get an answer. Thanks for the tip :)

#371 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

Im in for $50

#372 _bumpy_

_bumpy_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Tony, you know where i am with it all. I'm right behind it all the way. I urge everyone that is passionate about our lifestyle to head over to Grunt Files, lend your support.

#373 _bumpy_

_bumpy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Over the last week or so, things have changed a bit. This new bill has been lodged on Tuesday 27/11/2012.

http://www.legislati...PRMVIOLAB12.pdf

#374 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Well if you live around the Beenleigh area forget about taking your car out for a sunday drive during December and Jan 2012/13.
In the last week 12 cars have been impounded under the hooning laws.
It was almost 13 with mine.
I was pulling out of Edens Landing heading to mates work shop when a toyota Rav 4 came speeding up behind me doing at least 90kmh, As it didn't look like he was going to stop and was less then 20m away from the back of the torana (i was doing 60 in 80 zone) i had to put my foot down or run the risk of this wanker running into my car. Not wanting the car to be damaged i put the foot down and speed up to 80kmh as i was in second. The toyota rav 4 turned out to be an unmarked cop car and the lights came on. When i pulled over the cop walked up to me ask me to turn the car off and step out, Witch i did. He then informed me he was going to charge me under the hooning laws for doing a burn out and impond my car.
To this i said no i didn't you show me where i did a burn out. He said i saw you do a burn out comeing out of Edens Landing and i'm going to impound your car under the hooning laws. I replied to the cop you show me where i did a burn out cause i didn't and if you think you are going to take my car for nothing you can kiss your job good bye as i will put it all over the news and have you charged for fake charges and then sue you for all cost involed and any damage done to my car and for transport during the time i don't have it.He then said i will show you where you did it, After we walked back to where he said i did a burn out only to find no marks on the road i said i gues i wll be catching you later and said good bye. He then said take it as a warning then and be on your best behavour. i said good bye and left with my car and licance.
So be warned they are out trying to get anyone they can..

#375 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Moral of the story.... Do 80 in a 80 zone.... And dont pull out in front of cops ! Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users