#1 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

Hi all just checked out latest edition of just cars there's a very nice green lj gtr xu1 in s.a with a price tag of $75,000 looks like the xu1 will reach $100,000 in a few years what do you's reckon

#2 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Must get a copy in the morning and check it out. Of course the old saying " You can ask but will you get it" that's another story" may be the case. I hope the price does reach those dizzy heights eventually as the owner of an 8/73 Bathurst xu-1 all I can do is rub my hands together and be thankful I bit the bullet and got my car before the prices started going up.

scooter :spoton:

#3 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:58 PM

More than likely they will eventually hit $100,000. It wasn't that long ago you could get GTHO ph 3's for under that

#4 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:32 PM

REDA9X your right my only problem is im seeing more and more toranas monaros and xy,s being brought buy rich collectors that dont give a shit about the cars most dont even like them they just jumped on the australian muscle car wagon which means most of us people will never be able to afford one which is a shame

#5 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:38 PM

if your got $75,000 to spend, do ya go out and buy and new hsv or fpv or do you spend the same on a9x or xu1. answer is one car i five years time is worth over $100,000 and ones worth $25,000.

#6 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

Ahh...now boys here is the problem! Like me....when you sell it you have the money but no car....If you dont sell it you have the car and no money...It's a dillema! You will never be a winner...when its worth $100,000 you are NEVER game to drive it and hide it better than your crown jewels..., Mine?..I drive it ever time I want to..dont have to worry about the money it is worth or replacing it when it is stolen...If I bend it next weekend I get the replacement parts or another body to do it all again. I made my $ out of my XU1s..never again will I go that road ..not going back..good luck to all whom are caught in the roundabout. :clap:
R
P.S. I am kicking the shit out of myself I didnt see this earlier..It makes more sense.
Next on the list is a replica MHDT L34 copy.
Then I want a XY GTHO PH3 copy..
See?..It makes more sense..I get to drive mine every day....the originals are hidden in the shed rarely used.(you dont want to use it as you are putting miles on the engine..tell me I am wrong..if you disagree you are tugging yourself).never left out of eye sight..then driven home and locked up again!..( I know! I used to do it! It is stupid!!).SILLY BOYS!!!

Edited by rorym, 14 June 2006 - 09:48 PM.

#7 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:50 PM

I totally agree. If i wanted a hot 2 door torana.. i would buy an S model and spend the 90 grand on the maddest running gear ever!

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:53 PM

Mate it is the way to go! "I have a genuine XXX!" Lucky you! !!! I on the other hand get to drive mine when I can/want to.
Even TREX has seen the llight and is binning his L34 to make a replica he can drive/drag/race anytime he wants.
R
P.S. And I need to add,...I drive mine as hard as crap and walk away with a grin bigger than the Harbour Bridge...ask A1...it is a shit load of fun!! :spoton:

Edited by rorym, 14 June 2006 - 09:57 PM.

#9 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:00 PM

thats like a fat person saying, its whats on the inside that counts

#10 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

The HSV/FPR thing doesnt relate. One is a daily drive like my SV8, the other is a collector...the former will have 120,000klms after 4 years..it will in my case...then gets binned and replaced with the latest model...the A9X thing sits in a shed and gets 200klms in 3 years.
R
P.S. My immediate aim would to be to find another Yellow Dolly 6 cylinder XU1 copy to do my car in its production racing form and run 2 cars side by side, my missus can run the 6 cylinder...I would feel more comfortable with her in that than the V8.

Edited by rorym, 14 June 2006 - 10:11 PM.

#11 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:12 PM

but we can all choose how we spend our $75,000 cant we.

#12 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!! Mate...be my guest!!! :spoton:
R

#13 _racyrabbit_

_racyrabbit_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

I totaly agree with rory on this one , i have already done a few mods to the new beast , and looks like i already have one hatch to race , i know some one on this forum that i would love to race but i suspect it only goes out on club runs , cars are for driveing , race cars are for raceing not putting in sheds and saying look what i have and mine is worth more than yours , TREX

#14 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:27 PM

Rexy , you finish that sucker and get to the next Maryborough Sprints next year! You have 12 months and 1 week! :spoton: We entered the WRX at the last minute for some fun..there is bugger all AWD cars, cross entered as drivers which means we get 10 runs each in each car over the weekend...she promises not to bend the Torana! (Guess I better not to then huh?)
R

Edited by rorym, 14 June 2006 - 10:31 PM.

#15 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

rorym i understand what your saying but i own a hk monaro,lj gtr,and now a lc gtr and theres no way my cars will be hidden not driven there insured so if i smash them or there stolen i get my money and start again which is more or less what your saying about replicas right. my son is only 20 and i let him drive all my cars even my lj with the 5 litre in it people say when where at shows i cant beleive you let your son drive them we drive them everywhere together thats what its about having fun and enjoying what they are classic australian muscle cars replicas or not thats just my thoughts

#16 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:53 PM

It's a dillema! You will never be a winner...when its worth $100,000 you are NEVER game to drive it and hide it better than your crown jewels

A mate 3yrs ago was offered $60,000 for his A9X. Since that day it has never been moved. It went to track days, hill climbs how he won't even drive it, might smash it.

#17 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, i would have always loved to own one, but once they start hitting those high prices, u would be just too scared to drive it... As others have said, spend 50g on a base model torana... u can drive it everyday and it will be a weapon on the road! Thats why i should just keep my hatch and work the crap out of that.. a year or so back i was looking out for a SS to do up...

#18 _finer70_

_finer70_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:54 AM

If's and buts shoulda and coulda etc.

The fact is an XU1 is worth around on average $30 to 40k NOW.

Just because someone puts a big figure on one does not overnight change the value. First he and others must get and continue a trend to effectively move the value.

At the moment use them, thats what they were made for. Fifty years from now who knows. There may be no oil and we are all back on horses.

But an XU1 looks like it could be a good superannuation move.

#19 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:02 AM

I hope the prices don't hit $100,000. That just makes it hard for the average bloke like me who would like one. Its the rich blokes making it hard for the non rich ones. because if someone for whom money is no object wants a certain car he can just make a crazy offer for it. Suddenly everyone knows about that sale and then the next thing you know its the norm as one guy thinks "well if he can get that amount so can i"

#20 _xu1972_

_xu1972_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:22 AM

RORY,
HAVE YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND SINCE THESE POSTS?

There sure is and I wish I still had my Salamanca Red LC I bought in Sept 1971. Bugger!
R

--------------------

HDT LC XU1 V8. My best work so far. What a WEAPON! I am in LOVE!http://groups.msn.com/XU1V8
LocatPhil is right...the rarest of rare XU1s....see my previous comment..
R

--------------------

HDT LC XU1 V8. My best work so far. What a WEAPON! I am in LOVE!http://groups.msn.com/XU1V8
Location Maryborough QLDion Maryborough QLD

#21 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:33 AM

I say if you buy a car-DRIVE IT!!!!, if you spend big bucks on a car and you dont drive it, you're a P&%$Y, if you're to scared to drive it because its worth alot, sell it!!! Cars are for driving, paintings on the wall are for walking around and going ooh ahh look at that! If you can afford to spend $40-100k on a Torana you can afford to drive it, by the time I finish my GTR's and my street/drag/show car the combined value-and the amount of $$$ put into them will be between-$40-50k...think i'm going to let them sit in the garage??? Hell no! Why do you think 2 of the GTR's will have V8's in them??? So that they can be driven....HARD!! Dont hide them DRIVE THEM!

#22 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:37 AM

i doubt very few people from here payed over 10k for their xu1/gtr/a9x/ss

the prices they are fetching are worth it... cars are running out!

#23 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

Ahh...now boys here is the problem! Like me....when you sell it you have the money but no car....If you dont sell it you have the car and no money...It's a dillema! You will never be a winner...when its worth $100,000 you are NEVER game to drive it and hide it better than your crown jewels..., Mine?..I drive it ever time I want to..dont have to worry about the money it is worth or replacing it when it is stolen...If I bend it next weekend I get the replacement parts or another body to do it all again. I made my $ out of my XU1s..never again will I go that road ..not going back..good luck to all whom are caught in the roundabout. :clap:
R
P.S. I am kicking the shit out of myself I didnt see this earlier..It makes more sense.
Next on the list is a replica MHDT L34 copy.
Then I want a XY GTHO PH3 copy..
See?..It makes more sense..I get to drive mine every day....the originals are hidden in the shed rarely used.(you dont want to use it as you are putting miles on the engine..tell me I am wrong..if you disagree you are tugging yourself).never left out of eye sight..then driven home and locked up again!..( I know! I used to do it! It is stupid!!).SILLY BOYS!!!

Amen to that rory :spoton:

I'm actually about to start doing sprints in my LJ XU-1 MOCK-UP, and cos it is a MOCK UP I can thrash it as hard as I want without worrying about smashing something extremely valuable. Whilst I love the car to bits and would be shattered if I smashed it, if it was a genuine gtr or xu-1 there'd be no way I'd be out there risking/enjoying it.

#24 _hux454_

_hux454_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:09 PM

I agree with NOSLH & bullitljv8. I've got a LX SLR 5000 & I didn't buy it to look at the thing sitting in my shed doing nothing. The most enjoyment I get out of my car is when I'm on a nice windy stretch of road in the country on a beautiful sunny day going for a cruise. I don't give a s*!t about the stone chips I'm having too much fun to worry about that. Hell in 5 years time I'll respray it, who cares. The things insured for more than it's worth anyway. Don't get me wrong it's definately not a daily driver but I try to drive it once a week if the weathers fine.I couldn't care less if it was 5k or 105k my attitude would still be the same. My only stipulations are I don't drive it in the rain if I can avoid it & I don't leave it where I can't see it. I do agree though reference circuit racing that's when I would use a replica. I hope LX5008 is reading this.

Edited by hux454, 15 June 2006 - 02:21 PM.

#25 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

I think that saying someone is a p&*^y for not driving their car is a bit harsh. If they have a desirable/expensive/rare car and they gain satisfaction from:
a) having it sit in the shed whilst they have a beer and look at it,
b ) saying "I have an XUA9XSSGTRXL34 and it's worth more than your 460ci Sunbird" or
c) taking it for a once a year drive on Boxing day,
then so be it - it's got nothing to do with anyone else, especially wannabes!
This forum and our allegiance to these cars is built on the great ones, like the XUA9XSSGTRXL34. If they all get smashed up, stolen and parted out until there are none left what will we all have to talk about?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users