a word of warning

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#201 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Agreed. That is exactly my point. 

If you read the whole thread people seem to be saying that it is acceptable if the buyer is informed.

#202 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

You need to read the thread again....

#203 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

when selling a lc/lj xu1 that is not the real deal from now on and you dont disclose this as been a re-birth or a re-shelled car you will be named and shamed,,, and will end up in court, has there is to many money grabbing scum bags out there that care zero about the furture of these cars.

ps i no the signs

cheers eagle eye

No, you need to read the thread again.

#204 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Mate you lost me sorry....

#205 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

"when selling a lc/lj xu1 that is not the real deal from now on and you dont disclose this as been a re-birth or a re-shelled car you will be named and shamed".

This is the guy who started the thread. Disclosing that the car has been re-shelled is admitting that the tags have been changed.

"If you rebodied a car, esp a valuable model you'd be completely stupid if you admitted it to a potential buyer.

I expect dodgy people would lie through their back teeth to deny the car is, or claim they didn't know the car is a rebody when they get caught out by someone who can spot the irregularities." That's you.

Where exactly did I lose you... ?

That must be some good sh*t you're smoking.

#206 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Huh ? Mate, if im smoking, its bush....

You are on some crazy aphgan super skunk Hydro in comparison ! Lol.

Or crack cocaine...

Edited by Skapinad, 22 June 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#207 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

"If you rebodied a car, esp a valuable model you'd be completely stupid if you admitted it to a potential buyer.

I expect dodgy people would lie through their back teeth to deny the car is, or claim they didn't know the car is a rebody when they get caught out by someone who can spot the irregularities." 

^^^ Meant totally in the context of one person out to intentionally rip another person off.

That's you.  :blink2: or should that be :ph34r: ?

Where exactly did I lose you... ?  Didn't know I was lost!!!

That must be some good sh*t you're smoking.  Jealous huh?.

#208 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

folking queenslanders

when selling a lc/lj xu1 that is not the real deal from now on and you dont disclose this as been a re-birth or a re-shelled car you will be named and shamed,,, and will end up in court, has there is to many money grabbing scum bags out there that care zero about the furture of these cars.

ps i no the signs

cheers eagle eye

GTR - U9X

No, you need to read the thread again.

i dont see the problem with being honest with people and as for selling a re-birthed car as the real deal when you know fully that its not then your a rip off dog,,,

so what my opening statement should have said

when selling a lc or lj GTR OR XU1 has the real deal when you know its not and i can prove you knew this then i will NAME AND SHAME YOU.

CHEERS GONG

#209 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,856 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

hi....we are up to thread post # 208.....has anyone been named or shamed yet?

p.s. I know there may be a legal issue here.......just askin

#210 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

If anyone can point out anything I have said which is incorrect then please do so.

Stooping to undeserved insults in a debate is the last resort for children and bogans. 

#211 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

If anyone can point out anything I have said which is incorrect then please do so.

Stooping to undeserved insults in a debate is the last resort for children and bogans. 

Just to take a step back, I think we're saying that if YOU change the tags on a car, then you are in the wrong.

However, if you buy a car on  which this has already been done, and you tell the next buyer, its all good.

If however, you try to make profit by not disclosing such info, you will be outed.

#212 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Ahhhh well there you go. Thanks for that info. Probably an obvious difference if you know Your little Torana's. I had no idea!!! Hahahahaha.

Good one.

Not really, that's not really part of the car that's easy to see usually.

#213 _SableMet7/73_

_SableMet7/73_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

hi

i cant get involved in any arguement, brains too medicated, and appoligies to gong if

i'm sidetracking the thread but would like to tell the tale of my restamped block.

when looking at my lj, l246846, in 04 got all the numbers and joined up to get them checked.

the vin disc wasnt readilly available then but a member had the fiche, wont name 'her' as dont

think she's here anymore.

block was stamped with jp387612 and looked ok to me so the responsability of what i was

looking at was all mine and no one elses. was told all numbers looked fine and made the purchase.

couple of years later made the discovery all wasnt well with the number and made calls to the

appropriate authorities but nobody seemed to think it was that important. consumer affairs said

to contact seller but at that time my attention had to be firstly for my olds failing health and caring

for them. some time later feeling gutted i stripped the block of all useable parts, put a chisel thru the

number and dumped it at the tip. yeh i know big mistake coz now i have no proof as these days

the authorities are onto this type of thing.

then started wondering about the car itself as the vin tag was pop rivetted, so removed the adr and

luckily the last 4 numbers were found under the muck and sanding around the door jams and boot  

opening has revealed the original silver/black maskings.

so why am i now disclosing this now...coz mentioned pages ago, its better to have the vehicle known

to this community for what it is or isnt and whether i get it finished or not, it will be passed onto my

niece or nephew to do with as they wish.

i'm confident it is an xu1 but does have 2 things that i know of with my limited knowledge that others

would think are suss. it'll take a couple of days to look for and scan the pics i've taken over the years

but i intend to start a thread with full disclosure to be scrutinized by those who know.

J

#214 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Ok, then here is a part that is easy to see. This is claimed to be a 1971 LC GTR XU1. Can you find what isn't right about this XU1?

And we are not looking for the LJ type radio recess in the plenum that John has already discussed.

IMGP0932.jpg

#215 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Don't let the cat outa the bag John, it is so obvious that most LC/LJ owners should be able to pick it without too much difficulty.

#216 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

yes well there is no doubt it was a drum brake front at one stage before it had the hole cut in here, i also could have told you this 2 years ago.

cheers gong

sorry mate i was posting at the same time.

cheers gong

#217 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

RallyRed

hi....we are up to thread post # 208.....has anyone been named or shamed yet?

p.s. I know there may be a legal issue here.......just askin

it has being happening mate you just dont read between the lines, as you said legal reasons.

S pack

here you go s pack

post-18834-0-83082200-1369464865_zps0078

IMGP0932_zps23fd406a.jpg

cheers gong

#218 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

^^^ Yes, it's bloody obvious isn't it John.

#219 conway

conway

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Have just read this topic in full today, some valid points and opinions regarding truth in advertising when selling these types of cars. There is mention of re-shelling, cut'n'shut, restamping of chassis and engine block numbers etc etc. No mention has been made of the LC/LJ XU-1's being sold as a 'Bathurst' yet we see this all the time, when in fact it's only "homologated changes to certain parts" made in a series update of that particular model run.
In my opinion a "Bathurst car" is one that has proven logged entries in the Cams book of that year or years that the said car was raced, that being said, why not call them "Oran, Warwick Farm, Wanneroo and so on.
I for one believed that my car was a so called Bathurst model till I learnt the facts on these many years ago and as such have advised many people to be aware and not pay more for a nickname.
Hope I haven't poured more fuel over this fire but as it's truthfulness in advertising as the OP has stated, lets be truthfull on all the details.

#220 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Conway

Holden never ever called any Race LC-LJ XU-1 a Bathurst Car or Road Car, remember GM had a World wide ban on Racing, accept for trials and rally's, so Holden never called any car a Bathurst car, was coined by the press of the day Conway

#221 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

S pack

yes mate it is along with a few other things around the car, and to the original engine i would be making sure that block is one of the ck build dates, g191, or f231.

because it was strange how that just popped up out of the blue.

cheers gong

#222 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

S pack

yes mate it is along with a few other things around the car, and to the original engine i would be making sure that block is one of the ck build dates, g191, or f231.

because it was strange how that just popped up out of the blue.

cheers gong

Yep, funny that, there are no pics of it before it was in primer and ready for the beater to do the final prep and paint.

Cheers

Dave.

#223 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

there where a few pics mate, but when the car was questioned there was a lot deleted

cheers gong

#224 _slrv8_

_slrv8_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Shonks will always be shonks, eventually they end up screwing the wrong person. It's nice to know that you can answer a knock on the door at midnight, I know I can.

#225 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

so true my friend and that is what its all about, [sleeping well and dieing true]

cheers gong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users